I have Forza Motosport

• Thread starter Gerontius
  • 49 comments
194GVan
dang, both forza and enthusia dont come out here until the 5th. :grumpy: If I couldnt get one I was gonna get the other. Thanks for the link Gabkicks.

Have you called every store near you? Some places get games at differnt days/times

nope, i only stopped by circuit city, target, and best buy yesterday, im gonna hit up the EB games on the way home from work. Best buy said they are supposed to get Forza today but the employee I spoke with wasnt convinced of that as the games were not in transit to the store yet. hey! youre from Milwaukee, I was born there :D

GuyNamedJohn
Hehehe. You said a mouthful there, GVan. Crap in a bucket, me I'm more interested in picking up Enthusia Professional Racing. In part simply coz it has dead-nailed 60 fps framerate.

See, I just don't get on well with Microsoft's trend (PGR2 and now FM) of 30 fps weaksauce games. Hell I'm not a grafix whore, I'm a self-professed FRAMERATE whore. :yuck::yuck:

I'll have 'em all three, though. FM, Enthusia, and GT4. I'll own them all coz they're each must-haves for me. But there's just so damned much to do in GT4 alone (you play don't GT4, you live it) that there's actually precious little time for silliness like... Flopza. LOL Ok ok just kidding. But seriously--a man can only play but one game at a time.

:( ... i cant figure out if now's a golden time to be a driving-games lover or if it's one of the worst possible times for the simple fact that we're so hoplelessly deluged with quality.

Ahh.. i'll say... It's a GOOD thing. :D

I will have my Enthusia Racing Review up soon... all I can tell you is that sadly it was a decent attempt but it goes downhill the longer I play it.

Physics and driving dynamics are ok but perhaps what has plagued TOCA as with Enthusia is that the handling at times is realistic but many times it becomes undriveable.

The graphics are probably worst than TOCA it is similar looking but more washed out graphics.

Overall Enthusia was not very polished at all, it feels incomplete. As for the 60fps or 30fps, believe it or not Enthusia feels slower than Forza or GT3/4. The replay looks 60fps because there is so little in terms of graphical complexity, no wonder it can do 60fps in replay...

Get Enthusia JPN and come back and tell me.

194GVan
dang, both forza and enthusia dont come out here until the 5th. :grumpy: If I couldnt get one I was gonna get the other. Thanks for the link Gabkicks.

I would strongly urge you to try Enthusia in the store or demo. I bought the JPN import edition. I had high hopes but it was a let down overall. Good ideas but eventually the depth of the game was just too shallow. You can call it acadey, it tries to be "GT" but it failed because everywhere there are missing features and just this unfinished feel.

The driving was ok at the beginning then become worst as I compare some of the cars to real cars I've driven.

It just became another Driving RPG game, better physics means more spin outs and tricky steering, but nothing else seem that realistic at all.

LegacySTI
Canon050405062-vi.jpg

This my hooked up EVO FQ-330 with the GIALLA body kit.
I wish GT4 had something similiar. :indiff:

LegacySTI
I would strongly urge you to try Enthusia in the store or demo. I bought the JPN import edition. I had high hopes but it was a let down overall. Good ideas but eventually the depth of the game was just too shallow. You can call it acadey, it tries to be "GT" but it failed because everywhere there are missing features and just this unfinished feel.

The driving was ok at the beginning then become worst as I compare some of the cars to real cars I've driven.

It just became another Driving RPG game, better physics means more spin outs and tricky steering, but nothing else seem that realistic at all.

Maybe I can pick it up used for a cheaper price in a few weeks, after someone gets bored with it and trades it in. More spinouts and tricky steering? Bring it on, I even found Auto Modellista to be a fun game for what it had to offer.

Its the realistic physics I am looking for in Enthusia, and due to the fact that you cannot do a donut in GT4 that just demonstrates its a simulation, but only to a point. Not that I want to sit around and do donuts all day, but it certainly says alot about how accurate a physics engine is... plus they are a great exercise to practice car control while breaking traction and controlling your car during drifting situations. Im a big fan of drifting in GT4 so Im interested in seeing how these other games match up physics wise.

More Forza questions....Is there a Gymkhana track? Is it possible to make your car do a donut from a complete stop?

i just got my copy of FORZA about 3 min ago 👍

and i found something very interesting :huh:

looks like a fancy way to say B-SPEC <_<

I know it was announced a long time ago that there would be this "drivatar". as far as who came up with the idea first, who knows, I didnt really read up on GT4, I just bought it the day it came out. The real question is did MS or PD do a better job?

I think if KY is to be believed he had the idea first, since GT3. But tghe Drivatar and the B-Spec mode are quite different to use I think, so much so that the are pretty much two different modes altogether.

I read in a review that the skill of the Drivatar is determined on how good you drive. There are some tranning laps, which determins your Drivatar skill. If you drove badly, you can go back and redo your training laps.

Drivatar progresses as you progress. It's like B-spec but not off of a point system, off of an accuracy system. If you can do more and more difficult courses with cars that vary in "skill ranges" the better your drivatar will be with said-car

right, the more you train the drivatar the better it gets. good, because it will learn your driving style, whereas in GT4 the skill gets better with the variety of tracks and cars, but you can't train the b-spec driver to drive like you do. similar concepts but not the same, both are really good ideas.

Hey Camaro.....How does it feel to be one of the select few that arn't stuck with the worlds worste disease?

I'm reffering to of course, the infamous Foot in Mouth disease..
Not to be confused with the equally devestating Egg on Face dissorder

194GVan
Maybe I can pick it up used for a cheaper price in a few weeks, after someone gets bored with it and trades it in. More spinouts and tricky steering? Bring it on, I even found Auto Modellista to be a fun game for what it had to offer.

Its the realistic physics I am looking for in Enthusia, and due to the fact that you cannot do a donut in GT4 that just demonstrates its a simulation, but only to a point. Not that I want to sit around and do donuts all day, but it certainly says alot about how accurate a physics engine is... plus they are a great exercise to practice car control while breaking traction and controlling your car during drifting situations. Im a big fan of drifting in GT4 so Im interested in seeing how these other games match up physics wise.

More Forza questions....Is there a Gymkhana track? Is it possible to make your car do a donut from a complete stop?

If you liked drifting in GT4 you're gonna love Forza. I have played the demo a lot of times now and this is really the best drivinggame on console so far. You can play around in so many ways. The green tuned NSX first seems pretty tricky to control without TC and stabilitymanagement but once you learn it it's awesome and there is so much happening. The way the tires regain grip, the reaction of the suspention, the sound of the engine getting louder as it pulls untill it hits the rev-limiter,etc etc . I will buy Forza asap.

I definetly enjoy drifting more in the Forza demo. I agree, the green NSX was trick but great fun. :)

just got it last night, havent even hooked up most of my cars besides weight reduction and drivetrain upgrades, but wow this game is cool. Its even got 2 downhill/uphill togue courses great for drifting.

I would NOT go as far as to call it a GT4 killer, or vice versa. Each game has its own advantages, and I really dont favor one over the other they are both awesome.

I was going to stick with GT4 in the beginning because it was supposed to come out first. Then GT4 gets delayed so I trade in my XBOX to get ready for Forza, then GT4 comes out before Forza because Forza gets delayed, so now I'm stuck with GT4.

I want to play Forza badly though, it really didn't matter which one I had I knew I would be happy with either, so only time will tell when I get another XBOX to play Forza.

LaBounti
What does that have to do with what he said? Many of the cars in GT4 sound great but look at the scale 700 vs 200.

Just to clarify.

I'd say at least half of that 700 are the same car with a different badge.

Driftster
Hey Camaro.....How does it feel to be one of the select few that arn't stuck with the worlds worste disease?
I'm reffering to of course, the infamous Foot in Mouth disease..
Not to be confused with the equally devestating Egg on Face dissorder
Is that directed at me? If so I have no idea what you are talking about and it looks like no one else knows what your talking about either.
I think you are stating that I might have been correct when I said in another thread that this was going to be an excellent game. 👍

Back