I just learned something new!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 35 comments
  • 1,552 views
Nissan (240SX, Skyline), Subaru (WRX), put it on the passenger side.

On the passenger side of a Skyline? This a LHD Skyline or something. :p




but somehow I seem to remember it being on the left, which is somewhat unusual for Nissan, although I could be wrong.

Nope, it's on the right.
 
On the passenger side of a Skyline? This a LHD Skyline or something. :p

Bah, didn't think about that. I was just thinking "right side = passenger side"...
 
solution for all of this -> put gas door behind the license plate like the old days:tup:
 
On my Dad's Mazda Tribute there is a small little triangle on the side where the filler cap is. Not sure if it's indicated on my RX-7, I'll check tomorrow.
 
I must report another instance of FAIL. Yesterday I went to fill up my uncle's Chevy 1500 and the hose was on the right side of the symbol. But noooo, I pull into the gas station and the filler is on the left. There was tons of traffic and it took me 5 minutes to turn around and find a pump.

Boz, you have caused me much grief.

But yes, many new cars use an arrow next to the gas gauge pointing to the filler side of the car.
 
I looked in our Corolla today, and the handle is on the right with the fuel flap on the left. :dunce:

However, the cluster does have the "Fuel door" arrow. Up until now I didn't know what it was doing on there - I thought it was an LED that lit up when the fuel door was open. Only it didn't light up because it was broken...

But now I know why it's there, and it's never going to light up. :)
 
Back