I Love Old Cars ~ Aug 27 ~ Ferrari 512BB '76

• Thread starter magawolaz
  • 188 comments
Mark IV edit is awesome! Like everyone else I'm looking forward to that set and now also the Jag set. It doesn't matter where you shoot it I'm sure the result will be fantastic. :)

:drool: Love the edit although my favourite livery is the J5 car's (the one in GT5- red, white stripes) and am full of anticipation of what, judging by the quality of your other shots, you can do with this legendary car. 👍

EDIT: Just realised it but if I was to be super picky and nerdy about this I would point out that the J8 (the blue No.4 car) actually, due to the fact it was a Holman and Moody raced car, ran on Firestone tires not Goodyears. Also only J5 had a roof bump to accommodate Dan Gurney- But that's just me being extremely nerdy about this. :dopey:

Last edited:
:drool: Love the edit although my favourite livery is the J5 car's (the one in GT5- red, white stripes) and am full of anticipation of what, judging by the quality of your other shots, you can do with this legendary car. 👍

EDIT: Just realised it but if I was to be super picky and nerdy about this I would point out that the J8 (the blue No.4 car) actually, due to the fact it was a Holman and Moody raced car, ran on Firestone tires not Goodyears. Also only J5 had a roof bump to accommodate Dan Gurney- But that's just me being extremely nerdy about this. :dopey:
You're asking too much :lol:
But I assure you I'll improve it as much as I can ;)

Now I'm trying to replicate the Mark IV driven by Bruce McLaren and Mark Donohue, from what I understand the car had yellow body with black stripes, race number #2. (FordMKIVJ5, tell me if I'm wrong :dopey: I think I should remove the bump on the roof, yeah? EDIT: removed!)

Anyway, the set is still focused on the stock Mark IV, red with white stripes :)

Right now I'm just having fun with Photoshop :lol:

Last edited:
Awesome stuff in here. 👍 Love the livery changes of the Mark IV and the 330 P4 photos. :D Was thinking of doing a set with a yellow 330 P3 ( ;) ) like the one run by Ecurie Francorchamps, eventually. Keep up the great work. 👍

Now I'm trying to replicate the Mark IV driven by Bruce McLaren and Mark Donohue, from what I understand the car had yellow body with black stripes, race number #2. (FordMKIVJ5, tell me if I'm wrong :dopey: I think I should remove the bump on the roof, yeah? EDIT: removed!)

You are correct the Donohue/Mclaren car (J6) was a Shelby run car, yellow with black stripes, No.2, no roof bump and ran on Goodyears. Although the car in it's present state now has a roof bump- probably as a result of a previous owner wanting it to look like the winning car- in fact I'm pretty sure it used to be painted like the winning car sometime in the 80's (?). :boggled:

Another fantastic job BTW. 👍

Awesome stuff in here. 👍 Love the livery changes of the Mark IV and the 330 P4 photos. :D Was thinking of doing a set with a yellow 330 P3 ( ;) ) like the one run by Ecurie Francorchamps, eventually. Keep up the great work. 👍
Thanks :) I'm really looking forward to that 330 P3 you are doing 👍

You are correct the Donohue/Mclaren car (J6) was a Shelby run car, yellow with black stripes, No.2, no roof bump and ran on Goodyears. Although the car in it's present state now has a roof bump- probably as a result of a previous owner wanting it to look like the winning car- in fact I'm pretty sure it used to be painted like the winning car sometime in the 80's (?). :boggled:

Another fantastic job BTW. 👍
Nice :D Thank you!

I finished the Mark IV's set.

"The GT40's 'strange' cousin"
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67

24 heures du Mans 1967
~Mark IV's year~

Shelby's Ford GT40 Mark IV #1
Drivers: Dan Gurney, A. J. Foyt

Shelby's Ford GT40 Mark IV #2
Drivers: Bruce McLaren, Mark Donohue

24°
Holman & Moody's Ford GT40 Mark IV #3
Drivers: Mario Andretti, Lucien Bianchi

38°
Holman & Moody's Ford GT40 Mark IV #4
Drivers: Denis Hulme, Lloyd Ruby

You can find the Mark IV #3, driven by Mario Andretti and Lucien Bianchi, in the last uploaded pics in my flickr account... since I'm posting 3 photo for every line I didn't know where to put this last shot :lol
Also, I didn't managed to do a proper edited number on this one... so not finding a place for this pic it's not a big deal :lol:

FordMKIVJ5, feel free to tell me if I made any mistake in the edited photos or in the race info.
Just before posting, I noticed I didn't change the color of the stripes on the yellow Mark IV in the last shot. Now I think it's ok.

EDIT: also, you may have noticed that english is not my first language, so feel free to correct me!

Last edited:
You've excelled yourself with this set - simply brilliant! The three track shots at the start of the du Mans shots set the mood perfectly. Awesome job. 👍 :)

Very nice job with colour changes. I seriously thought you could actually change its colour when viewing this, other than that I have the same to say as Nato_777. 👍 👍 :drool:

:drool::drool::drool:

Blown away! Especially love this shot:

img

The only one criticism I do have is that on the Andretti/Bianchi car (J7) photo you don't have the colour right. It's more of a bronze colour but I'm literally amazed. 👍👍👍
Another reason not to post it with the other images :lol:

Using google image I couldn't find a good pic, now I just search better and I find this one.

Tried to fix it:

I don't think I can do better than this :S

Than you :D

Yeah, most of the shots of the car during the race are in B&W so aren't much good for showing colour! It looks great btw.

Oh also you don't have to take everything I say on board I'm just a massive fan of the MKIV- - I don't want you to feel like I'm picking holes in everything you do! :nervous:

Don't worry :lol:
Sadly I'm not an expert of motorsport, I'm following this sport mostly thanks to GT5, so I'm still a bit uncultured about it.
But I like having someone who guides me and tells me what's wrong 👍

Thanks Dolp :)

Sorry for the wait.

"The One and only"
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66

Test drive at la Sarthe

So... For the PhotoTravel shots I used the same filtre of previus photos... for the replay pics I improvised :D Feedback is welcome.

This time I didn't make the Coming Soon image... I think I'm going to do a set focused on the "Karmann Ghia", since Jev asked in the first page (sorry for the wait again!).

Like this update very, very much.
You really have the ability to give these picture a very realistic vintage touch. I Like! 👍
:drool:

Thank you all :) Really.

Little update for Jev's request

"Monte Carlo dreamin' "
Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) '68

Maybe I abused the sepia effect too much...:ouch:

TTGGM.jpg

Wow, great work! I like your whole gallery, I like the way you edit your pictures.
The XJ13 set looks wonderful! The car, composition, colours in the shots are perfect. 👍

About the Karmann Ghia, very beautiful car and shots, I like the composition on most of them. I don't like the filters you used though, sepia is a great idea but I think you used it too many times... and the noise isn't my taste too. Great pictures anyway, I'm just no big fan of the editing.

Also looking forward to the Miura photos, such a great car and I hope (and think) great pictures coming up... :)

Woahh two fantastic sets here, I love the detail in the shots on the XJ13 👍

Wow, great work! I like your whole gallery, I like the way you edit your pictures.
The XJ13 set looks wonderful! The car, composition, colours in the shots are perfect. 👍

About the Karmann Ghia, very beautiful car and shots, I like the composition on most of them. I don't like the filters you used though, sepia is a great idea but I think you used it too many times... and the noise isn't my taste too. Great pictures anyway, I'm just no big fan of the editing.

Also looking forward to the Miura photos, such a great car and I hope (and think) great pictures coming up... :)
Yeah, I made the Ghia set in a bit of a hurry and, to be honest, I don't like it either :/

But I assure you the Miura set is going to be awesome :D

All amazing updates mate! Magnificent stuff. Good to see someone who loves old cars and mainly uses them! 👍

magawolaz

How do you get the other numbers? I saw 21, 22, and 24!

Back