i missed out on GTHD

iggy_ogg / GTP_iggy_ogg / phatmatt2000
not in a million years
hi everyone

i was just wondering as i got my ps3 too late for gthd if someone could upload it for everyone to download. i am a huge gt fan who has played since gt1 and really want to play hd. i know that the forum has quite a strict policy on this sort of thing, however as it was a free download before i don't see any problem in people putting it online for hardcore gt fans like me to download.

+1

buddy i m with you, a tuned mx-5, integra and 599 puls eiger can keep me happy!!

i want it so bad

i have got gt5p
but GTHD is a different game with different cars, different music, different menus etc.
it would also complete my GT collection

Last edited:
Isnt it still in the european PSN Store?

You could create a european account and download it with this one and play with your regular.

really?
i'll do that then despite the fact its illegal
i'm in a pal zone will it still work?
also which country should i set up an account in because i'm in the uk which is europe and i'm pretty sure its not there although i'm going to double check now

Last edited:
Oh i see youre from the UK then you already have access to the european Store.
Are you sure GTHD isnt there anymore? I thought they only took it away from the US & Japanese Stores (check games, not demos)...

Maybe im wrong here. lol

i've just had a look and the only gt game on there is the whole of prologue
no gt hd unfortunately

really?
i'll do that then despite the fact its illegal

What, and this isn't?

i was just wondering as i got my ps3 too late for gthd if someone could upload it for everyone to download.

As far as I'm aware, you missed the boat and I can't think of a way you can get on board. That's just how it is. It was only a demo anyway.

is it possible to copy it from a ps3 onto a memory stick or something the onto a computer then the internet?

Hi iggy. I've actually looked into the idea of copying it for you, but the problem is that as GTHD was a downloadable game from the PlayStation Store, it cannot be copied off the PlayStation and onto a memory stick. I can copy my GTHD saved game data, but i can't copy the actual game. The only way that you'll be able to get GTHD that i can think of at the moment, is if someone has the actual game saved somewhere. And the only people i know of who have that are Sony and Polyphony.

The only way you can get it now, it's using the PSn from somebody who has download it once before and after taht just go to download history and you can download it.

The only way you can get it now, it's using the PSn from somebody who has download it once before and after taht just go to download history and you can download it.
Wow, didn't think of that. Downloading it again now..

Too bad for you "iwantdownload", because I ain't giving you my password. :sly: Well to be honest, it's nothing to have really. Worse graphics, worse sounds and worse physics. The Nissan R32, Mazda Miata and Celica Rally Car is nice though! But then again, you ain't missing anything since they'll most likely be in GT5.

is it possible to copy it from a ps3 onto a memory stick or something the onto a computer then the internet?

Even if it was, which it isn't, the legality would be highly questionable. Even though it was initially free to download, unless the manufacturer designated it as Shareware it would not be legal in the UK for you to upload it and distribute it, nor for anyone to download it from that source.

Sharing PSNIDs is against Sony's T&C for the PS3 so although you're legally welcome to try that method (but don't be bothering with asking people on here for their PSNID and password - find a person local to you in the real world), you might find that both you and they are at risk of having your PSNIDs blocked.

ok i see the problem now
thanks everyone for trying though
much appriciated
but if anyone can find a way it would be great

Last edited:
Sharing PSNIDs is against Sony's T&C for the PS3 so although you're legally welcome to try that method (but don't be bothering with asking people on here for their PSNID and password - find a person local to you in the real world), you might find that both you and they are at risk of having your PSNIDs blocked.
Famine, I've a friend who bought the Playstation 3 on the GT HD times and that was the method I used to play the game for weeks and get all the cars and so on (in fact he didn't like the GT saga). He lives 3 streets far from me. So, if he just join into his account but from my Playstation 3 and download the game to my console (since this is posible because Sony allows on most of the games, the game downloaded on five different systems), would be it illegal?

Before I thought no, but with what you've said I'm honestly in doubts. I'm looking for more info about this because that could be the idea to have GT HD on my system without risks (if legal, of course). What I was reading was this:

"In-game items or content that you have purchased may be downloaded from PLAYSTATION®Store. Pursuant to the particular terms of use that govern a specific in-game item or content you have purchased, you may use that item or content on up to three (3) different PLAYSTATION®3 systems that have been activated for your account. You may deactivate or activate specific PLAYSTATION®3 systems, as long as the maximum activated number of PLAYSTATION®3 systems for your account at any given time is three (3)."

Anyway I'm not much sure about that thing with the activation. I really don't know if later (when I delete his account from my system) I'll be able to continue playing the game or not. I'm going to e-mail them asking about this & their terms & conditions because seems to be a little gap or something.

· source: http://uk.playstation.com/terms/usage-rights/

Last edited:
Illegal? No. You don't break any laws by sharing your PSNID - if you did I'd be censoring discussion of it or handing out infractions... But you must be aware of the risk involved.

Thats called "gamesharing" btw. it works with most games except Warhawk (where only 1 from all sharers and the original purchaser can play it at once) and some Betas.

Thats called "gamesharing" btw. it works with most games except Warhawk (where only 1 from all sharers and the original purchaser can play it at once) and some Betas.

It worked with warhawk for a bit after one of the updates but they might have stopped it now

Illegal? No. You don't break any laws by sharing your PSNID - if you did I'd be censoring discussion of it or handing out infractions... But you must be aware of the risk involved.
No, don't worry Famine, I honestly don't like the idea in fact.

Surely people here are missing out on the fact that you can view the PS Store on your PC, so therefore go onto past downloads and re-download it to your PC, then copy onto a memory stick to get it to a PS3.

Surely people here are missing out on the fact that you can view the PS Store on your PC, so therefore go onto past downloads and re-download it to your PC, then copy onto a memory stick to get it to a PS3.

Really?, how do you get on the PSN store on the PC?

The problem being that you can't download it even though it shows up in the list. It says "Download from PlayStation®Store (PS3™)." which, surprise surprise, you can't do.

Thanks a lot.
I replaced my old PS3 with a new one ( new warranty etc, better sell now as the old one is still working ) and I couldn't transfer my GT HD ( along with some game saves ). I guess some gamesaves are gone now, well, whatever, but at least GT HD will stay ;). Again, thanks for the info, downloading it right now.

GTHD is still in the Australian store im pretty sure.

Would it be possible for you to check to confirm this? I don't want to make an Australian PSN for nothing... But I need this game...

The problem being that you can't download it even though it shows up in the list. It says "Download from PlayStation®Store (PS3™)." which, surprise surprise, you can't do.
Yes u can thats how i got F1 CE demo after they got rid of it.

Yes, but I assume you had downloaded it earlier and it thus was on your list if previously downloaded files. Seeing that the original poster very clearly says he got his PS3 after GTHD had already been taken down there isn't that option.

Back