I need a setup for Ferrari 458 Italia

• Thread starter xchristox
  • 158 comments
Don't put a rear wing as it promotes understeer. Otherwise this suspension setup previously mentio should work well:

Aero: 10/40
Transmission: set to top out at 242
LSD: 7/30/5
Suspension:
Height: -10/-13
Springs: 6/5
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Com): 6/5
Anti-Roll: 4/4
Camber: 2.4/2.0
Toe: -.09/-.03
Brakes: 5/6

Not only has the the guy been inactive for 6 months, but you revived the thread, to do nothing more, than tell him to use, the setup that was recommended to him, back in 2010.

Not only has the the guy been inactive for 6 months, but you revived the thread, to do nothing more, than tell him to use, the setup that was recommended to him, back in 2010.

I told him to not put a wing on, which is not the same thing tht was recommended before

That is still not reason enough to resurrect a dead discussion thread, making a minor suggestion that adds nothing significant to what was already said.

Here is my current setup for racing ONLINE, focused on Nurburgring, I have excluded NA upgrades so that I can race in <650HP races (if you fully upgrade you might not have anywhere to race online, non-NA upgrades can be disabled to drop HP).
I use the DFP Wheel.
All Assists are OFF, except ABS = 1 (without it your toast)

ONLINE Tune (458 Italia):
676HP Max (all upgrades except no NA)
1242kg (Stage 3, no glass upgrade)
Carbon Hood
Aero Kit (Wing, Nose, Nose-fin-thingie)
Chassis Reinforcement
Racing Soft

Downforce: 10/38

LSD:
Initial: 8
Accel: 55
Braking: 10 (looking to try ~5)

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Springs: 12.9/14.3
Extension: 7/7
Compression: 6/6
Sway: 5/5

Alignment:
Camber: 6.5/5.0 *key change IMHO
Toe: +0.05/+0.20 (looking to tweak this next) EDIT: Front Toe needs to be Negative, misread the description...

Brake balance: 8/8 (higher seems better, 9/9 resulted in problems though)

In general the car feels a little floaty, compared to say, a touring car where you feel glued all the time. I'm hoping to tweak this some more in the next day or so.
Current issues are: stepping off the track slightly, at high speed, is very delicate to recover; occasionally I spin-out in 2nd gear because I don't know the track well enough

I have not tried this in A/B-Spec... I would expect it to do something weird given the difference with online racing...

No offense man but this tune isnt good at all. The cornering ability is terrible.

I have a very good overall tune for every track. The only thing that needs to be adjusted from track to track is the trans settings.

Aero 10/40
LSD 12/12/6
***Suspension** THIS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
Ride height -5/-10
Spring rate 7.5/12.5
Dampers (extension) 7/8
Dampers (compression) 5/6
Anti roll bars 2/3
Camber 1.5/1.5
Toe -.12/+.18

Brake balance 5/4

I have a very good overall tune for every track. The only thing that needs to be adjusted from track to track is the trans settings.

Aero 10/40
LSD 12/12/6
***Suspension** THIS MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE
Ride height -5/-10
Spring rate 7.5/12.5
Dampers (extension) 7/8
Dampers (compression) 5/6
Anti roll bars 2/3
Camber 1.5/1.5
Toe -.12/+.18

Brake balance 5/4

Hey,that's a Praiano Tune for the Nordschleife!?!? You could say that in your post and no one would be offended. The way it looks, is that you want to take credit for the tune.

Respect the Master tuner!
Cheers, Pete

Back