I need some help.

• Thread starter crb
  • 4 comments

crb

Does anybody have any settings for the Mazda Demio A-Spec?
Before anyone flames me, I did a sarch and came up empty. That is why I am asking. :) Thanks in advance. crb

crb
Does anybody have any settings for the Mazda Demio A-Spec?
Before anyone flames me, I did a sarch and came up empty. That is why I am asking. :) Thanks in advance. crb

Personally, I think the search function is over-rated. I've used it a couple times, it's really only good for finding questions that have been asked dozens of times...like “What was your 1st car?” and stuff like that.

What kind of settings are you looking for? What are you having problems with?

Generally, the main things to watch for with a Demio (since it's so tall) are body sway, loss of grip, and of course understeer. I'm not too familiar with the GT2 Demio, and I've only used a semi-racing suspension for it, so I can tell you that mid-range damper settings (4 to 6) plus lowered suspension should cure what ails you. For FWD hatchbacks, I generally like setting the rear camber out (no more than 3°) and leaving the front camber between 1 and 1.5°, but this is really your call. With these settings, the rear of the Demio should stay planted with minimal oversteer. It will still bounce a bit, but it should be much more controllable. Also maybe try setting the brakes at @ 7 up front and 14 to 16 in the rear to minimize understeer going into corners while braking.

Back