I played the GT HD demo today! Now with PICS!

I think the downloadable demo will replace the subaru rally car with 599GTB
maybe some new improvements from the TGS demo

Sorry, I don't know at what resolution is was running. The television it was on was, I think, a custom TV by Sony made just for the ps3 in store demo stand. It was labelled, 'Sony PS3 TV' or something like that.

I think anyone can download the demo, you just need to create a Japanese account on your PS3.

Yeah, but pics taken from a screen TV tend to look more realistic than they are. I remember that from some early GT4 pics and videos filmed from a screen and it looked more realistic than the game actually was.

But that's still pretty good.

Actually pictures taken AT a moving scene on a tv from a camera wouldn't be as good as the real deal. If you've seen GT4 shots in the past before it came out, then that's another thing. Remember that there was photomode, so they could take really nice pics of the game; This is different, speedy_samuray took the pics from HIS cam, thus I'm positive about the resolution of the GT5 demo.

Ciao!

Actually pictures taken AT a moving scene on a tv from a camera wouldn't be as good as the real deal. If you've seen GT4 shots in the past before it came out, then that's another thing. Remember that there was photomode, so they could take really nice pics of the game; This is different, speedy_samuray took the pics from HIS cam, thus I'm positive about the resolution of the GT5 demo.

Ciao!
I didn't mean they were better, but the lighting seemed more bright and realistic.

I didn't mean they were better, but the lighting seemed more bright and realistic.

Well the flash, yeah, I can give you that one, but I'm 99.99% sure, that a picture from a camera, does not make things more realistic than how they really are; In regards of TV screen shots that is.

Ciao!

Well the flash, yeah, I can give you that one, but I'm 99.99% sure, that a picture from a camera, does not make things more realistic than how they really are; In regards of TV screen shots that is.
I'm with FatAssBR on this one, I also think that photos taken off a TV tend to look more realistic for the following reason:

Gran Turismo itself, even GT4, does look pretty realistic if you don't look too closely. Then, you won't see all the faults due to low resolution and limited processing power. You can easily see that GT is just a game if you're standing in front of a TV. If you take a photo with the cam of a mobile however, you add some contrast faulty, blurriness and other faults to the view, so you can not judge if the scene on that TV was real or ingame as well anymore. Therefor, photos taken off a screen with GT running on it tend to look more realistic, because the obvious differences between game and reality become blurred.

Regards
the Interceptor

Fair enough, but I think my eyes might be deceiving me then because I happen to see this:
normal_p24a.jpg

More realistic than this:
p506ic0052494796ut3.jpg

The second one looks brighter because of the flash obviously, but the resolution looks better on the first one IMO.

I don't know, it might be me then....

Ciao!

The kiosk demo is a refined version of the one available at TGS 2006 (it had noticeable slowdowns and random graphical glitches). The car list as per the demo is as follows:

• Mazda Eunos Roadster (NA) ‘89
  • Nissan Skyline GT–R V–spec II (R32) ‘94
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR ‘96
  • Honda Integra Type–R (DC5) ‘04
  • Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec–C Type–RA ‘05
  • Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) ‘95
  • Toyota Celica GT–Four Rally Car (ST205) ‘95
  • Subaru Impreza Rally Car ‘99
  • Lotus Elise 111R ‘04
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR ‘05

I have a feeling the demo available from the PLAYSTATION Store will be different to this one. Yamauchi’s message states that there will be one track with two variations/layouts—as an example in the past, Grand Valley Speedway with Grand Valley East. The Eiger Nordwand doesn’t appear to offer this flexibility, hopefully PD alter the car line–up rather than recycle it….

I don't understand, i haven't any subaru but G35 and F599?

but the resolution looks better on the first one IMO.

I don't know, it might be me then....

Ciao!
So the resolution on the mobile phone cam is lower than the one of a press screen from Sony ? That is...a... miracle ;)

Back