I played the GT HD demo today! Now with PICS!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo HD' started by Speedy Samurai, Dec 9, 2006.

1. super_fla

super_fla

+1

2. franz

franz Premium

I think the downloadable demo will replace the subaru rally car with 599GTB
    maybe some new improvements from the TGS demo

3. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

Sorry, I don't know at what resolution is was running. The television it was on was, I think, a custom TV by Sony made just for the ps3 in store demo stand. It was labelled, 'Sony PS3 TV' or something like that.

4. Jim Prower

Jim Prower Premium

I am jealous of the Japanese. very much so.

5. Dave A

Dave A Premium

I think anyone can download the demo, you just need to create a Japanese account on your PS3.

6. OZZYGT

OZZYGT Premium

Actually pictures taken AT a moving scene on a tv from a camera wouldn't be as good as the real deal. If you've seen GT4 shots in the past before it came out, then that's another thing. Remember that there was photomode, so they could take really nice pics of the game; This is different, speedy_samuray took the pics from HIS cam, thus I'm positive about the resolution of the GT5 demo.

Ciao!

7. livemusic

livemusic Premium

I didn't mean they were better, but the lighting seemed more bright and realistic.

8. OZZYGT

OZZYGT Premium

Well the flash, yeah, I can give you that one, but I'm 99.99% sure, that a picture from a camera, does not make things more realistic than how they really are; In regards of TV screen shots that is.

Ciao!

9. inferno

inferno

Wow. that looks nice. the wait for GT5 is going to be a painfull one.

10. Bruce Spec

Bruce Spec

Very, very nice speedy_samurai. :tup:

11. the Interceptor

the Interceptor Premium

I'm with FatAssBR on this one, I also think that photos taken off a TV tend to look more realistic for the following reason:

Gran Turismo itself, even GT4, does look pretty realistic if you don't look too closely. Then, you won't see all the faults due to low resolution and limited processing power. You can easily see that GT is just a game if you're standing in front of a TV. If you take a photo with the cam of a mobile however, you add some contrast faulty, blurriness and other faults to the view, so you can not judge if the scene on that TV was real or ingame as well anymore. Therefor, photos taken off a screen with GT running on it tend to look more realistic, because the obvious differences between game and reality become blurred.

Regards
    the Interceptor

12. OZZYGT

OZZYGT Premium

Fair enough, but I think my eyes might be deceiving me then because I happen to see this:
    [​IMG]
    More realistic than this:
    [​IMG]
    The second one looks brighter because of the flash obviously, but the resolution looks better on the first one IMO.

I don't know, it might be me then....

Ciao!

13. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

what flash?

14. Eric.

Eric. Premium

Yeah, I think that is just a reflection.

15. kimkafwan

kimkafwan

I don't understand, i haven't any subaru but G35 and F599?

16. Max_DC

Max_DC

So the resolution on the mobile phone cam is lower than the one of a press screen from Sony ? That is...a... miracle ;)