I think the X2010 gets too much hate.

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 115 comments
  • 8,715 views
True, hitting bumps is pretty fatal for an X1. If I had a dollar for everytime a curb threw me off..

Bumps never really messed my times up or anything with the X2010. Mainly due to the massive amounts of downforce, plus the fan keeping it planted on the ground. However a curb, if hit wrong will throw your car off. Mainly because the fan will be sucking you down on a uneven surface (A track may be uneven, but it's greater for a curb.)
 
It's not the car but more importantly the idiots that drive it badly.

See someone bring out X2010 and realize they aren't level 30 or 35 in B-spec.
Instant Kick without any second thought or chance.
 
So, X1 haters, it seems that your problem is not the X2010 (it's a great car and an exciting drive) but the fact that you are playing online where you run into hundreds of dumb little kids with too much time and not enough sense.

And that, my friends, is why I don't waste my time playing games online but enjoy driving my X2010 (and all my other cars) when I feel like it in offline career mode.

I pray that game devs don't give up on offline/single-player gaming any time soon.
 
Well, I'm not an X2010 hater, but this car is just way too "imba". Just a change in a few things, such as restrictions, should do fine IMHO...

...because only X2010's can match it (obviously).
 
Haven't you watched the trailer on GTTV on the X2010. They have built the body of one. I don't think it's operational though.
 
Not sure where I stand right now on the subject of the X1, before GT5 was released I defended its inclusion as an 'intellectual exercise' for a racecar without abiding any regulations or restrictions apart from the laws of physics, an age old question speculated upon by many petrolheads how that would appear and drive like, finally an example how it could be to experience in a driving sim.

After driving it, and until now failing to even achieve bronze in the Vettel challenge although I have only given it a few tries (which hasn't affected my judgement on the car itself by the way, and I'm planning to give that challenge some proper attention soon), it just seems a bit too much for me.
Adrian Newey himself recently admitted, smilingly, that a real life version would be so stressing to drive for a driver, he or she could only last for a few laps.
People often use the example of fighter pilots suffering similar G-forces, etc. although they have the freedom of an almost empty sky to manouvre around instead of the narrow confines of a track.

So although I do believe this car could be build and perform in a similar fashion like the one in the game (although it would have to be thoroughly re-designed and tested I guess) it seems it could only be able to race when the driver sits in the pit area behind a screen holding a steering wheel or controller....
Perhaps it would've been better (both for real life accuracy and for the game) if both Kaz and Newey took the ability of being able to drive it more than a few laps in real life into the equation.
That's what would've been done when the car was build for real life instead of only for a videogame.
So yep, it's realistic no doubt, just not meant to be driven in reality.
 
People often use the example of fighter pilots suffering similar G-forces, etc. although they have the freedom of an almost empty sky to manouvre around instead of the narrow confines of a track.

More g than X1's or F-22's on a confined track.

See 0:45 seconds, 1:06 especially



 
analog
Not sure where I stand right now on the subject of the X1, before GT5 was released I defended its inclusion as an 'intellectual exercise' for a racecar without abiding any regulations or restrictions apart from the laws of physics, an age old question speculated upon by many petrolheads how that would appear and drive like, finally an example how it could be to experience in a driving sim.

After driving it, and until now failing to even achieve bronze in the Vettel challenge although I have only given it a few tries (which hasn't affected my judgement on the car itself by the way, and I'm planning to give that challenge some proper attention soon), it just seems a bit too much for me.
Adrian Newey himself recently admitted, smilingly, that a real life version would be so stressing to drive for a driver, he or she could only last for a few laps.
People often use the example of fighter pilots suffering similar G-forces, etc. although they have the freedom of an almost empty sky to manouvre around instead of the narrow confines of a track.

So although I do believe this car could be build and perform in a similar fashion like the one in the game (although it would have to be thoroughly re-designed and tested I guess) it seems it could only be able to race when the driver sits in the pit area behind a screen holding a steering wheel or controller....
Perhaps it would've been better (both for real life accuracy and for the game) if both Kaz and Newey took the ability of being able to drive it more than a few laps in real life into the equation.
That's what would've been done when the car was build for real life instead of only for a videogame.
So yep, it's realistic no doubt, just not meant to be driven in reality.

Make a special track. Highly banked wide turns. Be the worlds first "hyper Corcuit".

Either that or ditch the X1 and have a real High Speed Ring built..
 
brambos
So, X1 haters, it seems that your problem is not the X2010 (it's a great car and an exciting drive) but the fact that you are playing online where you run into hundreds of dumb little kids with too much time and not enough sense.

And that, my friends, is why I don't waste my time playing games online but enjoy driving my X2010 (and all my other cars) when I feel like it in offline career mode.

I pray that game devs don't give up on offline/single-player gaming any time soon.

Idk, online is where it's at. We just need more restrictions. What's the point of good driving skills if the only ones who will see them are blind AI cars?
 
Make a special track. Highly banked wide turns. Be the worlds first "hyper Corcuit".

Good point that I did not even think of. Just like LeMans and F1, if the car is too fast, make the track slower.

Idk, online is where it's at. We just need more restrictions. What's the point of good driving skills if the only ones who will see them are blind AI cars?

Agreed. Without online, there would not be a point the X1 in my opinion. Online is full of skilled and dedicated drivers. Any other set of people is a minority.

It's also completely senseless to hate the X1 because people drive it backwards. What car can't be/hasn't been driven backwards? FGT, Sauber C9, Veyron, rolling road block known as Tank Car [if you want pain, take it to a race on London].
 
X1 should be locked unless the picks an option for an X1 race. Only people who have completed the x1 challenge can join. Ensuring they know how to drive it.

It would be cool to have an all X1 league on GT5.
 
It's easier to just limit power. It's the only car that can make 1400hp. But there are cars lighter than it



That doesn't make sense. There will be momentum either way. On the parachute, you're not giving the zero-zero ejection seat enough credit.

But it has more advantages than just speed. It handles better than anything out there and turns on a dime. Power can be reduced by the limiter. A 700Hp X1 can still whip a 700HP 908. Limiiting weight is the best way to get rid of it.
 
More g than X1's or F-22's on a confined track.

See 0:45 seconds, 1:06 especially




Again not the same as driving a car on a track. While I don't keep up F1 racing I did noticed a few years ago F1 drivers were complaining about the G's force (somewhere between 4-5 G's) they had to deal with when racing at Charlotte. This track corners has too much banking for F1 cars.
No one doubt the body can handle the G-forces but when it comes to a car, the driver has to response more quickly and with a lot more precision than an pilot in an airplane.
 
Last edited:
X1 should be locked unless the picks an option for an X1 race. Only people who have completed the x1 challenge can join. Ensuring they know how to drive it.

It would be cool to have an all X1 league on GT5.

I think it's fine as is. Just kick someone if you don't want X1's and they're using it. It's not like X1 "party crashers" are even common. You'll only see X1's in an X1 room or those crazy rooms on the Top Gear track where people are knocking cones around and going crazy.

Also, beating the X1 challenge doesn't mean they know how to drive it. The X1 challenge has no passing, drafting, or any of that. Just leave it open. If anyone is so bad that they can't race, tell them sorry and kick them.

But it has more advantages than just speed. It handles better than anything out there and turns on a dime. Power can be reduced by the limiter. A 700Hp X1 can still whip a 700HP 908. Limiiting weight is the best way to get rid of it.

I was saying that by using a power limit, you could ban the X1 without banning other cars. Banning the X1 by weight bans other cars that you may or may not want banned. I forgot about the power limiter though. Also, weight won't do much to effect the X1's performance. It's the downforce that makes it so dominating. You would probably need to make the X1 weigh 5 times as much as it does now to reduce the handling to "normal" levels.

Again not the same as driving a car on a track. While I don't keep up F1 racing I did noticed a few years ago F1 drivers were complaining about the G's force (somewhere between 4-5 G's) they had to deal with when racing at Charlotte. This track corners has too much banking for F1 cars.

How is it different from driving on a track?
 
How is it different from driving on a track?

Tracks are lot more narrow and corners a lot more sharper compared to the the room you have to allow for a plane skidding when cutting through the air.
 
Well, yeah road courses are narrower on average with walls, but they're no tighter. Obviously a plane can't make a 30 mph hairpin turn, but such a turn is trivial in a race car. The planes are pulling more g, so for the speed, they are taking turns much tighter than a F1 would. In fact at some points, the air races are going as slow as cars, but still pulling high g numbers.

He starts at over 200 mph, but eventually goes down to 100 and below.


As for room, the planes have less room than the cars. They need to fly through the check points, which only have room for one plane. At least the road courses are mostly wide enough to let cars pass each other.
 
its supposed to be the ultimate racing machine why do people have a problem with it
 
Well, yeah road courses are narrower on average with walls, but they're no tighter. Obviously a plane can't make a 30 mph hairpin turn, but such a turn is trivial in a race car. The planes are pulling more g, so for the speed, they are taking turns much tighter than a F1 would. In fact at some points, the air races are going as slow as cars, but still pulling high g numbers.

He starts at over 200 mph, but eventually goes down to 100 and below.


As for room, the planes have less room than the cars. They need to fly through the check points, which only have room for one plane. At least the road courses are mostly wide enough to let cars pass each other.

Only at the check points on a 2-d plane. you could easily fit two to three planes from top to bottom. ( Often the path to go around a corner fast also has only enough room for one car) Everywhere else the plane has the whole sky without any other plane in the sky to worry about. Notice he is pulling 10 G in wide open space.

Having other cars on the track only increases the demand on a driver not decrease the demand.
 
Last edited:
Only at the check points on a 2-d plane. you could easily fit two to three planes from top to bottom.


The checkpoints are pretty square. Pause the last video at 13 seconds. The size is also probably on the internet somewhere, but I don't want to look. Going through the checkpoints, the planes have no more room then cars. If they fly too high, the checkpoint doesn't count.

( Often the path to go around a corner fast also has only enough room for one car)
It's no different for planes. The track looks open because there are no walls. But this is a race. They have to go on a specified path if they wish to do well. It's not like once they're past a checkpoint they just haul on the stick.

Having other cars on the track only increases the demand on a driver not decrease the demand.
Air racing is so demanding that they can't have other planes on the track.


Relating this back to the X1:

-If the space on tracks is an issue, make them wider with tighter (slower) turns

-Restrict passing in an X1 race to certain parts of the track

It's not like the X1 would need to race on existing tracks.
 
An intelligent man once said: "Football is essentially a simple game, complicated by idiots". To me in this case GT5 is somthing simple, despite the fact how good it is, u just run in circles, which for me is enough!! Just the ones who aren't able of controlling this game hate it because there are no cheats and its not doable in 2 weeks...thanks teenagers...What is it about then? Read the "titlestory", GTOne2Three brought it to the point!! Good words!
 
The only reason I hate it because when im online in a drift lobby or clean racers only, you get idiots in x1's. But in b-spec its pure class
 
All it needs is some online restrictions.

GT5 is a driving sim right? Does a fictional car necessarily work to cancel that out? No.

Is't it suppose to be based on real world calculations? IMO, I think it was an amazing idea.

Think about how much it would help the series if top people looked to it to test drive prototype cars?

Reminds me of this game called "No Limits Roller Coaster simulator". It's like the gran turismo of coaster sims. You build your own coaster in a CAD like interface, and it shows how it would work. Graphics were amazing for their time too. Overall, there's a separate edition for professional coaster designers called "No Limits Pro".

GT is becomming more than just a game.

People forget what games like GT have been about. Forget fixing blocky shadows, forget how many polygons a premium has. Just remember that it's as close as many will ever be able to get to being a real race car driver.

GT is more than a game, it's an escape, a glimpse, and a test of your skill.

Amen
 
After driving it, and until now failing to even achieve bronze in the Vettel challenge although I have only given it a few tries (which hasn't affected my judgement on the car itself by the way, and I'm planning to give that challenge some proper attention soon), it just seems a bit too much for me.

I only quoted myself to say I've now indeed given that challenge some proper attention, a few hours in fact, and did eventually obtain Bronze on all 3 tracks with a very small margin.
Since those Bronze times have been made easier to reach (extended) and with me driving to the best of my abilities I can't really see how I'm ever going to find an extra 16, or so, seconds for each track (I use a DS3 by the way).
What's more, after driving the X2010 seriously for the first time I did find it very hard, as mentioned many times before, to drive normal cars again.
It seemed like they were unable to turn and even crashed a few times as I misjudged the speed (thinking I'm doing 50mph whilst it was closer to a 150mph....) and couldn't brake on time.:lol:
Still don't hate the X2010 though but I now officially hate that Vettel-challenge as it stands between me reaching that Platinum Trophy. :grumpy:
Ah well, why do I need to finish an unfinished game anyway (yes, that was a dig at PD mostly born out of frustration for my own lack of skill)?
 
Well, I've just earned mine and bronzed all three challenges quite quickly, I'm using a DFGT wheel and I honestly don't think I can make the silver times anywhere soon. It's way too fast and demand way too much attention to drive it really fast.

I really like this car, it has a unreachable limit that needs to be pursued and found.
 
Back