I want my fully customizable tranny to be FULLY customizable...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bluez_Freak
  • 28 comments
  • 2,500 views
Messages
308
Why does it take 2 months for PD to fix that one??

Otherwise I want my money back (i'll settle for 10,000 refund) on all the cars I have installed it. :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:

:)
 
No. It would make too much sense. They used their last supply of common sense on the PP system in GT5:Prologue I heard.
 
I guess they haven't noticed :P
 
There is a simpe fix for this
gearbox #1 no customization just a tight 6 speed gear box
gearbox #2 only final gear adjustable
gearbox #3 fully customization of all gears

That's all they need to do
I don't know why its such a big problem
 
No. It would make too much sense. They used their last supply of common sense on the PP system in GT5:Prologue I heard.
👍 ^this

I was also surprised that the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR doesn't have something like that
 
👍 ^this

I was also surprised that the REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR doesn't have something like that

Those words mean nothing now
 
Those words mean nothing now

Well, GT5 has the driving part almost perfect:tup: Everything else is out of touch:tdown:

To each his own, although I completely agree with the OP about the transmission bit.
 
In one of Kazunori's tweets, he said they will be fixing the racing transmission "soon."
 
There is a simpe fix for this
gearbox #1 no customization just a tight 6 speed gear box
gearbox #2 only final gear adjustable
gearbox #3 fully customization of all gears

That's all they need to do
I don't know why its such a big problem

In my opinion they should make it this way:
#1 only final gear adjustment possible within a few preset settings (5-6), no added transmission noise
#2 tight 5/6-speed race-track use close-ratio gearbox with some more final gear setting presets than #1
#3 full customization
 
In my opinoin they should make it this way:
#1 only final gear adjustment possible within a few preset settings (5-6), no added transmission noise
#2 tight 5/6-speed close-ratio gearbox with some more final gear setting presets than #1
#3 full customization
👍

Great idea bro maybe me and you should go work for PD.. LOL
 
As it stands, its false information. Fully customizable means you can change every single gear. Others GTs had it so perhaps they didn't notice. But after all the delays, development and so called testing they did, I don't understand how this and the brakes got missed.
 
As it stands, its false information. Fully customizable means you can change every single gear. Others GTs had it so perhaps they didn't notice. But after all the delays, development and so called testing they did, I don't understand how this and the brakes got missed.

The brakes didn't get missed you can still tune them, you just don't have to buy the part anymore.
 
As it stands, its false information. Fully customizable means you can change every single gear. Others GTs had it so perhaps they didn't notice. But after all the delays, development and so called testing they did, I don't understand how this and the brakes got missed.

PD eliminated the brake purchasing because, they don't have brake fade in the game buying brake systems is pointless. So they just outfitted all cars with racing brake systems and all can be set to give reasonable results compared to the original cars they come on.

As for the gearbox thing, well that is a blatant mistake. We need to make a little more noise about it. While we are at it, the ratio that we change makes no sense, it says one speed, but when you drive the car you will top out 20mph lower than stated, sometimes it's worse. GT games always had option 1 was tight gearing(completely useless, unless the car was a econobox. Option 2 was 5 or 6 speed gearbox, with ability to change only the final ratio and then there was the 3rd option to customize the whole gearbox. I would like this to return, because I'm upset at having to spend 20g on mid tier gearbox quality. I want to tune my gears for certain cars a certain way to use their available power.
 
The real strange thing I think is that the little button beside each individual gear ratio value to edit it is there, as it is eg. for every suspension variable. Just that the buttons are obviously non-functional. To me this says that they were certainly intending to put individually adjustable gears in the game, whether pre-release (as it should have been...) or in an update.
 
I want to tune my gears for certain cars a certain way to use their available power.
and on a certain track... which brings up qualifying...
 
and on a certain track... which brings up qualifying...

Qualifying is only necessary when everyone is driving pretty much equal and sanctioned vehicles, like similar JGTC cars or Super GT cars. When it's a gamut of differently weighted cars with varying horsepower, what is the actual point? The car with the better weight to power ratio will easily be up front and depending on the driver skill will be the one to beat. Equal cars, it's completely up to the driver and not the hardware, therefore qualifying is definitely needed there. Hope they fix it so that when you set a time online it stays until you leave the room and not the race course, unless you switch vehicles. During normal gameplay, qualifying isn't needed considering there are maybe 3 races in total where you must run a car exactly like the rest of the field, qualifying isn't really necessary considering you can handily defeat the AI in pretty much all the races with a comparable car anyway. But again it should at least be there for those who need it/ want it or just plain enjoy having the option afforded to them.
 
The real strange thing I think is that the little button beside each individual gear ratio value to edit it is there, as it is eg. for every suspension variable. Just that the buttons are obviously non-functional. To me this says that they were certainly intending to put individually adjustable gears in the game, whether pre-release (as it should have been...) or in an update.

It also hints at being able to customize the gears individually in the help section of the tuning the transmission menu... Says something about beginners should use the top speed slider, instead of just diving in and tuning the gears separately.

I'm thinking maybe they somehow forgot to enable the ability to change the ratios in the coding or something, or when they were testing the game, they were using a separate build than what we got, and in their build of the game, it was able to be customized, but then they forgot to enable it in the build of the game that got shipped... maybe.. idk.

Anyway, that's one of the major things I severely miss...
 
I think he actually meant free runs before races, in order to quickly set up the car for a specific track.
 
Qualifying is only necessary when everyone is driving pretty much equal and sanctioned vehicles, like similar JGTC cars or Super GT cars. When it's a gamut of differently weighted cars with varying horsepower, what is the actual point? The car with the better weight to power ratio will easily be up front and depending on the driver skill will be the one to beat. Equal cars, it's completely up to the driver and not the hardware, therefore qualifying is definitely needed there. Hope they fix it so that when you set a time online it stays until you leave the room and not the race course, unless you switch vehicles. During normal gameplay, qualifying isn't needed considering there are maybe 3 races in total where you must run a car exactly like the rest of the field, qualifying isn't really necessary considering you can handily defeat the AI in pretty much all the races with a comparable car anyway. But again it should at least be there for those who need it/ want it or just plain enjoy having the option afforded to them.

Because as you mentioned you can handily beat the AI with a comparable car, so, many of us enjoy taking a lesser car in to make things interesting... think 200 point races from GT4.
When you are in such a race the qualifying is important no to ensure a pole position, rather to tune the car for the track.
My racing buddy and I used to take a 305hp ammy rx7 into the 450+hp jgtc races... use qualifying to dial the car in (without ever finishing the 2nd lap, aka, no chance to actually qualify) and then race.
It was essential to have each gear set to match the corners of each, and dial the final drive in as well to each track, and without being able to qualify (actually, practice) it's a guessing game.
 
I guess none of you guys were around when the person from this forum asked Kaz on twitter and he said he was working on changing it in an update. This happened about 3 weeks ago or more I believe. Also, this is probably the 5th thread on this topic.
 
I think he actually meant free runs before races, in order to quickly set up the car for a specific track.
Correct.
You responded while I was typing... I type slow.
 
YAWT - Yet Another Whining Thread.
 
Because as you mentioned you can handily beat the AI with a comparable car, so, many of us enjoy taking a lesser car in to make things interesting... think 200 point races from GT4.
When you are in such a race the qualifying is important no to ensure a pole position, rather to tune the car for the track.
My racing buddy and I used to take a 305hp ammy rx7 into the 450+hp jgtc races... use qualifying to dial the car in (without ever finishing the 2nd lap, aka, no chance to actually qualify) and then race.
It was essential to have each gear set to match the corners of each, and dial the final drive in as well to each track, and without being able to qualify (actually, practice) it's a guessing game.

Well before I enter a race, if you look at the usual opponents icon, it shows you the cars you'll be up against, lists their HP and weights. I use that as my reference and then I choose the car and set it's hp, only problem is I have no idea what tires they are running on, which would help if PD listed that as well, or at least made the AI choose the type of tires I choose. I get what you mean with the qualifying, but with how tame GT5's AI is you would have to lower your car in order to get a good fight. Some races you must run the same vehicle, Super GT forces this issue as does the DTM championship. Now if PD would get in there and give us more aggressive AI, how come the AI doesn't drive like they do when they pilot the F1 cars? There should be an update to enable hardcore driving from the AI, I know there has to be one because I noticed that the AI has throttled back since the new Seasonal Event...so it is possible to throttle them to drive much harder and really give me a race. Not just limit it to high powered cars and the like.
 
I did hypothesise to myself that possibly the customisable gearbox options have been locked out for PD to study the performance of players and the game online without this variable. Obviously, for those who are adept at tuning gears, the fully customisable 'box is a priority in tuning any vehicle - especially in terms of value for money in the game.
 
The brakes didn't get missed you can still tune them, you just don't have to buy the part anymore.

...and you just can't know the factory settings too.

The 5/5 default setting for all cars is either a mistake or plainly stupid approach.
 
Until it gets fixed, all the whining and threads are justified.
 
I dont see what most people are crying about because I really dont see me missing anything by not being able to touch each individual gear. Sure i agree the words "Fully Customizable" have been misused to some degree but technically it is still compliant.
While I am far from being a mechanic or expert in any way, shape, or fashion, here are my observations based upon my own experience and research:

1. If one notices as you increase and decrease the top speed of the car the individual gear ratios, other than the final drive ratio, actually does increase or decrease accordingly so you are actually changing those ratios. Now I am aware we all like being in control of EXACTLY what ratios we want but I find those fairly reasonable settings.
2. I also saw somebody post something about the actual top speeds not being realized during actual races as well but anybody that knows even a little bit knows that to some degree that speed is never really realized due to g-force being put on the car as well as the the cars total available hp. What I usually do to resolve this is go one or two settings higher than what i'm trying to achieve. Like if i want a top speed of say 229 i would pick a top speed of at least 236 in the gear settings panel. Another option might be disabling abs/tcs on your car in driver settings as those are very reliant on the usage of brakes but good luck controlling it though.
3. Most races dont really have long enough straights to allow one to reach maximum speed anyway for it to even matter. Only real exceptions are Circuit de la Sarthe and Nurburg couses(non GP/) and maybe Tokyo R246 where you dont have to slipstream the person in front of you and still reach max speeds.
4. To the guy about the whole brake balance thing, you can kind of tell how a car brake balance should be set up very easily if you at least have sports suspension setup on your car. The front and rear spring rate specifically gives you a general idea of where most of the cars weight resides how it may respond during cornering. Just adjusting the brake balance with respect to the higher spring rate is usually a safe modification.

The only thing I think really needs changing or added is the abilitiy to change the final gear ratio as somebody else mentioned. Being able to change that would be more beneficial to me than the individual gears especally for lower hp cars.
 
👍

Great idea bro maybe me and you should go work for PD.. LOL

💡 It makes more sense than your idea and it is more inline with real world tuning. So this post back is good except for "LOL"
 
Back