I WAS CHEATED IN A PRESEASON RACE BY POLYPHONIC PLEASE FIX DEVS OR ADMIN VERY PISSED

  • Thread starter Thread starter Robdisco
  • 44 comments
  • 3,845 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1
United States
United States
I raced the Manufacture race for 3/11/2020 they gave me the Nissan Gtr and i cam in second place with no penalties or mistakes I was more than 20 seconds ahead of the car behind me, but when the race was over It stated that I was in 5th place and I take these race serious and i am trying to maintain a good record and also get paid for what i do as a pro. But if im being "****ed" without a lubricant then how are dreams to come true? I have spent I dont know how much money over the years on your games and equipment and this is how im being done? Can i get a review of that race and a fix cause this is not fair. the races b4 that i stay in the to 4 and this is killing my average .

I need a turnover of results for yesterdays race.
 
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad you're enjoying Gran Turismo Sport

Regards

Polyphonic Digital.


____



Seriously though, this forum is independent of PD, Sony and GT... it's not the place to demand justice, it won't achieve anything.
 
I raced the Manufacture race for 3/11/2020 they gave me the Nissan Gtr and i cam in second place with no penalties or mistakes I was more than 20 seconds ahead of the car behind me, but when the race was over It stated that I was in 5th place and I take these race serious and i am trying to maintain a good record and also get paid for what i do as a pro. But if im being "****ed" without a lubricant then how are dreams to come true? I have spent I dont know how much money over the years on your games and equipment and this is how im being done? Can i get a review of that race and a fix cause this is not fair. the races b4 that i stay in the to 4 and this is killing my average .

I need a turnover of results for yesterdays race.
Did you save a replay or record the race so we can see what happened?

Was it a race with mandatory tyres that you didn't use so got a 20s post-race penalty?

And we're not Polyphony Digital.

I take these race serious and i am trying to maintain a good record and also get paid for what i do as a pro.
You have a D driver rating with just over 1,900pt after 260 races, and your score from that race was in your top three best races so far this season, contributing 10 of your 33 points.

I'm no judge, but I suspect that if you want to get paid as a professional GT Sport player, you need to be a little bit better than that.
 
Last edited:
I raced the Manufacture race for 3/11/2020 they gave me the Nissan Gtr and i cam in second place with no penalties or mistakes I was more than 20 seconds ahead of the car behind me, but when the race was over It stated that I was in 5th place and I take these race serious and i am trying to maintain a good record and also get paid for what i do as a pro. But if im being "****ed" without a lubricant then how are dreams to come true? I have spent I dont know how much money over the years on your games and equipment and this is how im being done? Can i get a review of that race and a fix cause this is not fair. the races b4 that i stay in the to 4 and this is killing my average .

I need a turnover of results for yesterdays race.

The manufacturers race on 11th March you had to use all 3 tyre compounds. Softs, mediums and hard tyres. If you didn't you would have been given a 20 second penalty.

EDIT As pointed out below, the only requirement was the hard tyres but all 3 compounds were available. So if you didn't use hards you got the penalty.
 
Last edited:
I'd like a turnover for any race I didn't win also. Where can I sign up? :sly:

In all seriousness though, it sounds like a mandatory tyre compound wasn't used. Which is nobody's fault but the OPs for not reading race regulations before partaking.

Show us a full race replay if possible. Then we'll tell you instantly what you did wrong so that you don't repeat your error.

TJ.
 
After reading your (first ever post on GTP) complaint, and then several responses to your alleged "screwing" - sounds like you were the one that was supposed to supply the lubricant. 👍 :p

And as they say. "Live and learn. Or don't." :cheers: buddy.

btw, this is probably a better place to voice your frustrations..

Polyphony Digital

Click on CONTACT US
 
Last edited:
The manufacturers race on 11th March you had to use all 3 tyre compounds. Softs, mediums and hard tyres. If you didn't you would have been given a 20 second penalty.

Hards was the only requirement. I did 6S/6S/5H

To the OP, as stated, a replay will help us see what happens. I wish I did work for PD. I’ll shove the penalty system in the trash lol
 
In all seriousness though, it sounds like a mandatory tyre compound wasn't used. Which is nobody's fault but the OPs for not reading race regulations before partaking.
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.
 
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.

That is true. It’s also in the pre race lobby at the bottom right. You can miss it of your not paying attention.
 
Hards was the only requirement. I did 6S/6S/5H

To the OP, as stated, a replay will help us see what happens. I wish I did work for PD. I’ll shove the penalty system in the trash lol

You're right of course. I was looking at a different race. Hards were the only requirement for yesterday's race. Shows how good my memory is :lol:
 
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.

Scrolling and clicking isn't too tough to do and with the new (ish) rule about compulsory tires, apparently for the OP, it's definitely worth the effort.

Being male, I never look at instructions. I always make sure to remember where I threw the instructions though. Just in case I do need them.
 
I watched Tidgney streaming top split last night and watched Fire finish second in a GT-R. He didn't pit. He ran 17 laps in the 5th worst Gr.4 car for tyre wear. On one set of tyres. What a guy.
 
Scrolling and clicking isn't too tough to do and with the new (ish) rule about compulsory tires, apparently for the OP, it's definitely worth the effort.
Not tough, as such, but it lists the available tyres on the main screen, why not just show which of them are mandatory right there? They could hide all the info away in a 3 level hierarchical structure and it wouldn't be too tough to navigate around it to find the info, but why not just make a decent UI instead?
 
I must be the exception to the rule as I've always read the race details screen before any FIA event, even before they introduced the tire requirements. I want to know what I'm in for whether it be a rolling start, grid start, what the draft is etc. It's not complicated, but I suppose it's easier to blame the UI than just reading the rules of the competition you're about to enter.
 
It's not complicated, but I suppose it's easier to blame the UI than just reading the rules of the competition you're about to enter.
I also personally always look at it, but it's still terrible UI design to put the list of available tyres on the main screen then hide away which of them are mandatory on another screen.
 
I raced the Manufacture race for 3/11/2020 they gave me the Nissan Gtr and i cam in second place with no penalties or mistakes I was more than 20 seconds ahead of the car behind me, but when the race was over It stated that I was in 5th place and I take these race serious and i am trying to maintain a good record and also get paid for what i do as a pro. But if im being "****ed" without a lubricant then how are dreams to come true? I have spent I dont know how much money over the years on your games and equipment and this is how im being done? Can i get a review of that race and a fix cause this is not fair. the races b4 that i stay in the to 4 and this is killing my average .

I need a turnover of results for yesterdays race.
lol :lol:
 
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.


It is right there before the race starts too though.

04189B45-FE29-43C9-A8DE-F1584D643016.png

0E891153-87C1-46A5-84B8-648D8FDC42EF.jpeg
 
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.
Agree. The way it's done, lots of people ( mainly newer to the game or lower rank players ), don't notice it and get 20s for basically nothing.
It is right there before the race starts too though.

View attachment 899289
View attachment 899290
I think it would be better if there would be a big notification popping up in the middle of screen before you enter a race, showing what tyres you have to use and what happens if you don't use them. It's no coincidence that lots of players still get 20s penalties, because they simply won't notice it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yas
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back