I WAS CHEATED IN A PRESEASON RACE BY POLYPHONIC PLEASE FIX DEVS OR ADMIN VERY PISSED

• Thread starter Robdisco
  • 44 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's at least partly PD's fault for not putting the information on the main screen rather than having to go into race details and scroll right down. There's no shortage of screen space for the information to be put on the main screen. There's no other piece of information that will cause you such a problem if you don't know it that is hidden away in the race details.
It should be, I agree. But as last weeks Brands Hatch Race C, and the week before thats Suzuka Race C proved:

Nobody reads the information on their screen :lol:

"Tyre requirements H M S" in colourful circles can be hard to see on pre race screen. If you're too busy looking at names and times that is.

"Tyre requirements H M S" in colourful circles can be hard to see on pre race screen
So you have to run all 3 compounds, or just 1 of those?
It caught me out a couple of months back and I've been playing since the start, wasn't hard to deduce what was going on though after a second time and my assumption was immediately and helpfully confirmed with an easy post in the FIA thread.
It's not worthy of a rant thread but I will agree it's a tad ambiguous and could be better presented in the UI.

It caught me out a couple of months back and I've been playing since the start, wasn't hard to deduce what was going on though after a second time and my assumption was immediately and helpfully confirmed with an easy post in the FIA thread.
It's not worthy of a rant thread but I will agree it's a tad ambiguous and could be better presented in the UI.
You have to use all the coumponds that are in tyre requirements during the race

In that example with H M S at the bottom right, all 3 must be used.

For something like the Nations round tomorrow where the Hards are mandatory and the others are optional, it will only display H.

Damn, I'm still learning.:) The way I read the thread I thought just running RH would have been acceptable.
Maybe the OP isn't the only one who's pissed here. :cheers:

For something like the Nations round tomorrow where the Hards are mandatory and the others are optional, it will only display H.

People may disagree with me, but the fact you still have to explain this to a regular forumer, tells you that the UI is not as obvious or self-explanatory as it should be in this case.

I am not a UI/UX designer but I would suggest that the tyre requirements should at least be in the main race details page, next to the tyre/fuel multiplier information.

At the moment it is buried at the bottom of the separate race information window. Maybe a short sentence - to clarify that all compounds must be used or a penalty will be awarded - in the race information window would be helpful.

A penalty reason can be also displayed if you cross the finish line having not used all mandatory tyres. Might remove doubt as well.

Having said all this, the UI for GT Sport is otherwise very good and I don't think this should be the highest priority for PD to fix.

Well I myself was caught surprise some weeks back. Myself and car were a very bad combination so in a disaster of a race tried all three compounds just for the lulz. Everyone else had 20s penalties. Should be enough of a hint that UI could use some help

People may disagree with me, but the fact you still have to explain this to a regular forumer, tells you that the UI is not as obvious or self-explanatory as it should be in this case.

I am not a UI/UX designer but I would suggest that the tyre requirements should at least be in the main race details page, next to the tyre/fuel multiplier information.

At the moment it is buried at the bottom of the separate race information window. Maybe a short sentence - to clarify that all compounds must be used or a penalty will be awarded - in the race information window would be helpful.

A penalty reason can be also displayed if you cross the finish line having not used all mandatory tyres. Might remove doubt as well.

Having said all this, the UI for GT Sport is otherwise very good and I don't think this should be the highest priority for PD to fix.
I don't know about the UI stuff. I made a video explaning how to download custom liveries to your favorites list. At some point PD moved an icon a few inches to the right and I was surprised by how many comments I received saying players couldn't figure it out how I showed them. Stuff along the lines of "that icons not there, i dont know what do." So many in fact that I made a second video to show the difference from before. Sometimes I feel like some folks just won't take half a second to actually look around on the screen and want to be spoon-fed every bit of information.

Sometimes I feel like some folks just won't take half a second to actually look around on the screen and want to be spoon-fed every bit of information.

This. Last Friday, drivers were still in the race c end of race lobby saying; "20 second penalty, why??"

The race had been running for 5 days, and people still didn't get it. Those who don't learn are destined to repeat their mistakes. And well, makes our races easier huh.

I judged by pace that one driver went Soft Soft Soft in his pit stops at Brands. On the final lap he caught me and i moved right over to let him overtake. He crossed the line probably thinking it was his greatest victory yet. And how fast he was.

Then boom. I finish 3 seconds behind on my hards. He gets demoted to 5th with his 20 second penalty, and I get my rightfully earned win back.

I couldn't help laughing...i've got to admit :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back