I won the Countdown to GT5 sweepstakes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMoose
  • 66 comments
  • 8,004 views
Messages
795
Messages
RaceVW14 GTP_TheMoose for GT5P
Messages
Who needs a xbox? I gotta PS3!
Yep I got this email yesterday,


Congratulations! You've won the Countdown to GT5 sweepstakes! In order for you to claim your custom GT branded Tissot watch, we'll need you to fill out and have the attached affidavit form notarized, and return it within 14 days. Upon receipt of the affidavit, we will send out the prize and provide tracking.


Thanks,

Jason Modahl
Marketing Alliances & Activations
Sony Computer Entertainment America


Yep I was happy until I got this email 3 hours later,


Unfortunatley your name was on a list for a different promotion and had been mixed up with the GT5 Promotion. You are not a winner for the GT5 Sweepstakes. Please disregard and do not fill out the affidavit. I apologize for any inconvience this may cause. Good luck in the other promotion.

Thank You,

Jason Modahl
Marketing Alliances & Activations
Sony Computer Entertainment America


That is soooo not right! :grumpy: :yuck:
 
That's how I felt when I was opening my GT5 CE box...

The hype made it sound like I had won the lottery.. but the reality was alittle more mundane :lol:
 
Wouldn't you have won a watch, though?

To each their own, I guess. My phone tells time.
 
Unfortunatley your name was on a list for a different promotion and had been mixed up with the GT5 Promotion. You are not a winner for the GT5 Sweepstakes. Please disregard...

:crazy: What the hell...

How unprofessional can they get!
 
Owned! They really should give you something because it was their mistake. In fact they should just give you the watch. Very unprofessional.
 
Yep I got this email yesterday,


Congratulations! You've won the Countdown to GT5 sweepstakes! In order for you to claim your custom GT branded Tissot watch, we'll need you to fill out and have the attached affidavit form notarized, and return it within 14 days. Upon receipt of the affidavit, we will send out the prize and provide tracking.


Thanks,

Jason Modahl
Marketing Alliances & Activations
Sony Computer Entertainment America


Yep I was happy until I got this email 3 hours later,


Unfortunatley your name was on a list for a different promotion and had been mixed up with the GT5 Promotion. You are not a winner for the GT5 Sweepstakes. Please disregard and do not fill out the affidavit. I apologize for any inconvience this may cause. Good luck in the other promotion.

Thank You,

Jason Modahl
Marketing Alliances & Activations
Sony Computer Entertainment America


That is soooo not right! :grumpy: :yuck:

Well that is one way to cheat people for the personal info...LOL. Don't worry, I am sure everyone got the same email.....

LOLLOLOLOLOL

Hey I am hosting a sweepstakes to win a building. YES! a building. Send me your personal info...LOL <- Disaclaimer:This is a joke, not actual sweepstake.
 
Wow, I would be properly gutted !

a***holes all the same tho
 
Get the affidavit notarized and send it back in ASAP. Maybe you will still get something.
 
That is so extremely unprofessional that it does indeed seem a bit weird, perhaps scamish.
 
Well it seems they contacted me about the wrong contest because I just got this email,


Congratulations! Your entry was selected as a Potential Sweepstakes Winner in the “PlayStation Rewards Sweepstakes” sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.



Your prize, should you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the Official Sweepstakes Rules, is a one (1) International CES entry, one (1) round-trip coach-class airfare to Las Vegas, Nevada from a major airport closest to winner's home, three (3) nights' hotel accommodations in a single occupancy room at the Hard Rock Hotel (ARV: $2,500).


I'm contacting Sony to confirm.
I'd rather have a $2500 trip than a $500 watch any way!
 
Well that is one way to cheat people for the personal info...LOL. Don't worry, I am sure everyone got the same email.....

LOLLOLOLOLOL

Hey I am hosting a sweepstakes to win a building. YES! a building. Send me your personal info...LOL <- Disaclaimer:This is a joke, not actual sweepstake.


I thought it was a sham too.

Btw, why does winning a prize require you to notarise an affidavit?

Isn't an affidavit a court document, and the process of notarisation is to ask a notary to confirm the authenticity of the same? And if it's Sony who's sending you the document, why would they require you to notarise it?

Or maybe I'm just not familiar with American legal terminology!
 
Well it seems they contacted me about the wrong contest because I just got this email,


Congratulations! Your entry was selected as a Potential Sweepstakes Winner in the “PlayStation Rewards Sweepstakes” sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.



Your prize, should you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the Official Sweepstakes Rules, is a one (1) International CES entry, one (1) round-trip coach-class airfare to Las Vegas, Nevada from a major airport closest to winner's home, three (3) nights' hotel accommodations in a single occupancy room at the Hard Rock Hotel (ARV: $2,500).


I'm contacting Sony to confirm.
I'd rather have a $2500 trip than a $500 watch any way!

Id say this worked out very well for you!
 
Well it seems they contacted me about the wrong contest because I just got this email,


Congratulations! Your entry was selected as a Potential Sweepstakes Winner in the “PlayStation Rewards Sweepstakes” sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.



Your prize, should you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the Official Sweepstakes Rules, is a one (1) International CES entry, one (1) round-trip coach-class airfare to Las Vegas, Nevada from a major airport closest to winner's home, three (3) nights' hotel accommodations in a single occupancy room at the Hard Rock Hotel (ARV: $2,500).


I'm contacting Sony to confirm.
I'd rather have a $2500 trip than a $500 watch any way!

Well now it's a win!
 
Just sue, that's what american's do is it not?
 
Wouldn't you have won a watch, though?

To each their own, I guess. My phone tells time.

Must be a t-shirt and jeans kind of guy.

(Nothing wrong with that, I wish I could be.)
 
Wouldn't you have won a watch, though?

To each their own, I guess. My phone tells time.
Yea, a $500 Tissot watch!


I thought it was a sham too.

Btw, why does winning a prize require you to notarise an affidavit?

Isn't an affidavit a court document, and the process of notarisation is to ask a notary to confirm the authenticity of the same? And if it's Sony who's sending you the document, why would they require you to notarise it?

Or maybe I'm just not familiar with American legal terminology!

Notarized affidavit is to say yes I'm over 18 & an American citizen & info for taxes.
 
Found several others who won on the Playstation rewards beta forum, plus a bunch of guys from hometheaterspot.com will be there too, should be a PARTY!!
 
I won the Tissot watch too, think I'm going to sell it, anyone interested in buying it?
 
I Checked my email out of desperation, and i found that I got invited to the LBP2 Beta! Cool, too bad I'm not going to use it. anyone interested in It?
 
Guess what is going on at the same time as CES!!
img_Splash_0.jpg


Wow this could be trouble!
 
Guess what is going on at the same time as CES!!
image

Wow this could be trouble!

You didn't know that CES is just an excuse for married man to be in Vegas that week. AVN is why all those people are there :sly:
 
that just sux.

they should have just sent you the watch anyway since it was their goof!

:ouch:
 
I bet you Jason Modahl saw the watch and thought nah bro thats mine now after you won
 
Back