I won the Countdown to GT5 sweepstakes!

  • Thread starter Thread starter TheMoose
  • 66 comments
  • 8,004 views
That's going to be a fun week here in Vegas! ;-)
 
Remember this is Sony we're talking about here...D'oh

Did you not see the part where I actually won a Trip to CES in Vegas??
 
I think CES is always at the same time as the AEX, I've been told it's right next door to it too. If a cute girl asks 'Are you here for the conference?' RUN.

And Congrats, it's nice to know that someone actually wins those things :lol:

Jerome
 
Ahah congrats, man. Looks like that was quite the rollercoaster
 
Well it seems they contacted me about the wrong contest because I just got this email,


Congratulations! Your entry was selected as a Potential Sweepstakes Winner in the “PlayStation Rewards Sweepstakes” sponsored by Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC.



Your prize, should you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the Official Sweepstakes Rules, is a one (1) International CES entry, one (1) round-trip coach-class airfare to Las Vegas, Nevada from a major airport closest to winner's home, three (3) nights' hotel accommodations in a single occupancy room at the Hard Rock Hotel (ARV: $2,500).


I'm contacting Sony to confirm.
I'd rather have a $2500 trip than a $500 watch any way!

Tommy,

This exact same situation seems to have happened to me.

I was wondering if you were also contacted by a Vicky Masters from Conlin Travel requesting for you full name as it appears on your Driver's License.

Or, if you received an email from Playstation Community Support saying:

"Hello [name] -

We will be publishing your name as one of the CES Official Winners, and we need your permission to mention you name as follows:

"[name, city, state]"

Please confirm that the above information is correct and we have you approval to publish
your name.


Thanks!
PlayStation Community Support"


I only ask this because it seems a bit strange that Jason Modahl would screw up twice with for the same contest (unless our names are both on some list he received).

Any feedback you could give me would be greatly appreciated, I've been very anxiously awaiting for some sort of reply from the above mentioned names (I imagine they're probably not responding due to the holiday break).

I also hope this is not a scam...

- Nik
 
Tommy,

This exact same situation seems to have happened to me.

I was wondering if you were also contacted by a Vicky Masters from Conlin Travel requesting for you full name as it appears on your Driver's License.

Or, if you received an email from Playstation Community Support saying:

"Hello [name] -

We will be publishing your name as one of the CES Official Winners, and we need your permission to mention you name as follows:

"[name, city, state]"

Please confirm that the above information is correct and we have you approval to publish
your name.


Thanks!
PlayStation Community Support"


I only ask this because it seems a bit strange that Jason Modahl would screw up twice with for the same contest (unless our names are both on some list he received).

Any feedback you could give me would be greatly appreciated, I've been very anxiously awaiting for some sort of reply from the above mentioned names (I imagine they're probably not responding due to the holiday break).

I also hope this is not a scam...

- Nik

Well, Moose

Looks like I'll be seeing you sometime Thursday evening.
 
Well, Moose

Looks like I'll be seeing you sometime Thursday evening.

What Hotel did they put you in?
I got moved from the Hard Rock to the Luxor.

Looking forward to playing with all the neat new toys!
 
Yea, my itinerary also has the Luxor Hotel and Casino; we'll most likely be neighbors.

Maybe we can meet up at the hotel, or possibly at the airport. I arrive at McCarran Int'l around 2:30, how about you?

I still have no idea what to do after I get on the "Sony Only" shuttle and check in at the hotel; are we supposed to find/meet someone?...
 
Yea, my itinerary also has the Luxor Hotel and Casino; we'll most likely be neighbors.

Maybe we can meet up at the hotel, or possibly at the airport. I arrive at McCarran Int'l around 2:30, how about you?

I still have no idea what to do after I get on the "Sony Only" shuttle and check in at the hotel; are we supposed to find/meet someone?...

My flight arrives at 9:30 AM so I'll be at the show by the time you get there.
Once I check in I guess they will take me to the Hard rock for my pass to the show & then off to CES.
I'm not sure if they have a get together planned or not since they split up the hotels but I won't be hard to spot.
Most likely I'll be the oldest one in the Playstation rewards group!
 
Just sue, that's what american's do is it not?

[sarcasm]
Thank you veeery much for grouping all Americans into one group. It really makes all of us feel good.
[/sarcasm]

Seriously, that rude comment isn't needed here.
 
My flight arrives at 9:30 AM so I'll be at the show by the time you get there.
Once I check in I guess they will take me to the Hard rock for my pass to the show & then off to CES.
I'm not sure if they have a get together planned or not since they split up the hotels but I won't be hard to spot.
Most likely I'll be the oldest one in the Playstation rewards group!


You say "they" will take you to the Hard Rock for your pass; are you assuming there will be a Sony representative/guide or are you meeting up with any one specific? (I have gotten very little feedback in regards to this; I barely figured out what my flight plan was.)
 
You say "they" will take you to the Hard Rock for your pass; are you assuming there will be a Sony representative/guide or are you meeting up with any one specific? (I have gotten very little feedback in regards to this; I barely figured out what my flight plan was.)

I was told the Sony guys in yellow jackets will drive the shuttles & take me to the Hard rock for the credentials.
 
Yea, that's what the itinerary says; I guess I'll have to figure it out once I get there.

Thanks for your feedback.
 
Yea, that's what the itinerary says; I guess I'll have to figure it out once I get there.

Thanks for your feedback.

See ya there!
I'll be the guy with the Red Bull F1 hat! 👍
 
I actually won the watch, and am having to sell it (bills) but its pretty cool if anyone wanted to see what it looked like.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg


http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...949260&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_998
 
Last edited:
Nice watch!
I hope you enjoy that as much as I enjoyed the Trip to Vegas!
 
Wow thats right you got an entire trip, how was that?
 
Wow thats right you got an entire trip, how was that?

It was a blast!
I'll have to go back to Vegas to do the whole tourist/gambling thing, CES was so huge & so much fun I spent almost all my time there.
 
Nice, did they give you any little gifts or prizes, it seems like people always get cool stuff at those shows?
 
[sarcasm]
Thank you veeery much for grouping all Americans into one group. It really makes all of us feel good.
[/sarcasm]

Seriously, that rude comment isn't needed here.

Unfortunately thats the opinion we get of America from our Media. If we believed what they said all Americans (except actors and Barack Obama) are dumb, sue everyone for everything, Obese or stick thin and that you are all obsessed with guns:scared:

Obviously this isn't true but i think some people see this so often they start to believe it!
 
Nice, did they give you any little gifts or prizes, it seems like people always get cool stuff at those shows?

Plenty of "Swag" to be had at these shows, most is crap but I scored a handful of thumb drives & other goodies.
Best part was a lot of hands on time with new tech & seeing things that have not been released yet.
The Motorola Xoom looks like the tablet to get & a possible iPad killer.
 
Thats cool man, thumb drives are useful, I wish I had won the trip instead, I'm now in an awkward spot with this watch where I want to keep it but it's worth too much and I could use money more than watch. And it appears that the moderators don't like me trying to tell people I'm selling it on here, I think they deleted my thread...
 
Thats cool man, thumb drives are useful, I wish I had won the trip instead, I'm now in an awkward spot with this watch where I want to keep it but it's worth too much and I could use money more than watch. And it appears that the moderators don't like me trying to tell people I'm selling it on here, I think they deleted my thread...

I can see the dilemma, nice watch but you could use the cash more.
I was glad when it turned out I won the trip instead of the watch, I wouldn't have gotten much use from the watch but the trip was a blast.
 
Ya I never wear a watch, although I wont be overly disappointed if it doesn't sell. I think I'm going to add a couple of my DLC chrome cars(cobra and 300sl) and the model car from my collectors edition to get people interested, you know anyone who might want it?
 
Back