IC-10 license (2lap Rome)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joie de vivre!
  • 18 comments
  • 13,102 views
Messages
753
I try hard as I can to get gold, but I can't.

1. lap: 1.24.xxx cca.

This car is so unstable.

Anyone got gold? How?
 
The car is unstable? Really, I happened to like the car. Turns very well. But the car I drive is the McLaren MP4 with 750 hp. You cannot put power in the first 3 gears or you will spin out. It's funny giving that car to the b-spec driver.. It's hard as piss to drive, I might need to turn it down (downgrade) some performance parts later in the game

If you want any chance to win, you need to be in 3rd place at least coming on the straight to finish your first lap. And you should be close to his ass. I beat this one after a while. Kept messing up on one turn. Anyways, a tip. In the first straight when you do a slight left, stay to the right (on a slight angle). Late brake and you should be able to cut all the way to the yellow corvette (think colors stay the same). If you're one car behind at the most, don't worry, you still have a shot. Once you're in full control after it just keep going around them. After this whole bend, you will hit a slight straight, you have to be in 3rd place here to have a chance. So cut them off before the sharp (90 degree) turn to the right. If you're not in 3rd when you're on the straight to go down that hill, with the narrow 1 car lane at the end. Than start all over and you'll keep getting better. Just takes some practice mate. You'll get there.
 
Last edited:
Tnx, Shigegaki.

Yeah Pesmerga, every time when I brake car wiggles left and right ...
 
The tricfk is to break very little and increase while the speed goes down. thats what i did to succed.
 
You think this is hard? Try doing the Topgear Test Track Event 2 in a Lotus Elise! Not even I can push the car to the limit on that as it just oversteers like a pig!
 
Sounds like an excuse to post:



Annoyingly it seems its a little quicker to use ABS and traction control at a low level instead of no assists:guilty:

try and aim for a low 1.23 on the first lap:tup:
 
A high 1:23 can still get you the win. Ideally, you need to be 3rd going on to the back straight on lap 1. You then have lots of open track. Brake soft at first and only in s straight line. The back end can get unstable during braking, and throttle out of tight corners.
 
Just got gold on this. At it for 90 minutes, failed so many times at the first corner. In desperation I actually turned on stability control and active steering at one point and found that it slowed the car down horribly. You must do this one with just traction control and ABS I'm afraid.

You have to make a wild lunge down the inside of the first braking zone and be at least past the other Ferrari. Then take the next 2 around the outside of the flat out curve and outbrake the Miura and his 2 companions into the hairpin. You should catch the 2nd place car at least by the time you get round to the hairpin again or ideally a bit earlier if you drive the lap really well. Very important to catch the leader before the final 2 slow turns as its impossible to pass him once he gets there because there are no more braking zones.
 
Glad i'm not the only one struggling with this licence test.

I can out brake the miura and be on the back straight nicely behind the car in 2nd place but I always ruin my second lap as the car is too much for me (i do like the car i'm just too hashy bashy).

I had to put the controller down last night as i was getting no where - will get back to it tonight and hope i can race a flawless second lap !
 
Glad i'm not the only one struggling with this licence test.

I can out brake the miura and be on the back straight nicely behind the car in 2nd place but I always ruin my second lap as the car is too much for me (i do like the car i'm just too hashy bashy).

I had to put the controller down last night as i was getting no where - will get back to it tonight and hope i can race a flawless second lap !
Here are a few tips from me as this licence was frustrating.

When you approach the 1st bend on the 1st lap, brake but don't downshift to 2nd gear until your car has slowed down. If you downshift too early you will lose the backend. If you nail the first bend you should be able to outbrake a few cars going into the 3rd bend. Now if you do this right you should be in 3rd place after exiting the 3rd bend. Now during the rest of the lap you must get ahead of 3rd placed car before your start the 2nd lap.

If you have done the above correct you should be in 3rd place starting the 2nd lap and be relatively close to the 2nd place car. Now outbrake the car in 2nd at the first bend but remember don't downshift too early. Obviously if you do this the rest should be simple.

I think my laptimes were 1.23 on 1st lap and 1.17 on 2nd lap.

Have to say im very pleased with my progress on the licences. Now have 50 golds in the space of 2days and yet its the first time i've ever used the wheel. These licences are excellent because they are helping me learn how to play this game with a wheel.
 
Here are a few tips from me as this licence was frustrating.

When you approach the 1st bend on the 1st lap, brake but don't downshift to 2nd gear until your car has slowed down. If you downshift too early you will lose the backend. If you nail the first bend you should be able to outbrake a few cars going into the 3rd bend. Now if you do this right you should be in 3rd place after exiting the 3rd bend. Now during the rest of the lap you must get ahead of 3rd placed car before your start the 2nd lap.

If you have done the above correct you should be in 3rd place starting the 2nd lap and be relatively close to the 2nd place car. Now outbrake the car in 2nd at the first bend but remember don't downshift too early. Obviously if you do this the rest should be simple.

I think my laptimes were 1.23 on 1st lap and 1.17 on 2nd lap.

Have to say im very pleased with my progress on the licences. Now have 50 golds in the space of 2days and yet its the first time i've ever used the wheel. These licences are excellent because they are helping me learn how to play this game with a wheel.

Thanks for the tips.

I will be having a go at this again tonight, I am always 3rd after the 3rd bend so i will judge basing on your lap times that will help out a lot !

I have 29 golds - this would be my 30th and would finish IC in gold really hope i can do it - i know i can its just if i can concentrate while haveing the patience to keep restarting ha
 
Really? I thought this was one of the easier tests. I golded it first or second time I think (all aids off obviously). The trick is all in the braking. As people say, brake late into the first corner you can jump quite a few places, at the next major corner you can do pretty much the same thing.Then you only have a couple of places to make up in the remaining lap or so.

You could try adjusting brake balance if you're really struggling - it would stop the back end sliding out under heavy braking. Just experiment with what works best for you.
 
Only license test I cannot do is the IB-3. I got gold in all other ones in IB, but a silver in the 3rd. I cannot do this with a darn controller, it's really brutal. I am like .01 away from the time, but it's to hard to complete, let alone trim time off. This isn't even hard in real difficulty compared to others.. Dammit!
 
Really? I thought this was one of the easier tests. I golded it first or second time I think (all aids off obviously). The trick is all in the braking. As people say, brake late into the first corner you can jump quite a few places, at the next major corner you can do pretty much the same thing.Then you only have a couple of places to make up in the remaining lap or so.

You could try adjusting brake balance if you're really struggling - it would stop the back end sliding out under heavy braking. Just experiment with what works best for you.

Yeah well some are better than others at the game, still doesnt help me do it....

Thanks for the tips though, think i maybe braking too hard as you say.
 
Just my tupence on this issue.

Agree with everything else but one thing I found made a difference for me.

As said before the hard right hander on to the back straight you can take 3rd, if you don't and instead slot in behind the yellow car that is currently in third. Get a slipstream from him down the back straight and use that speed around the next corner and make sure you get on the gas before him.

I finished 2nd loads of times before doing this and wining. Watch the Demo Replay, that's exactly what it does there and the voice over does specifically mention slipstreaming.

Also, you won't catch the winner until the final 2nd gear hairpin, just make sure you get inside him and defend if needed down the final straight.

Good luck.

**EDIT** I saved the replay from this is anyone wants a look at it.
 
Last edited:
Here is my walkthrough as it is fresh (I did it yesterday). I think I had TCS 5 and then ABS 1, ASM off, Active Steering strong.

Brake and hard accelerate only when the car is in a straight line, a light touch on the steering helps, controlling the rear end is everything.

T1; get up to 8th. Brake late inside 11th, come off brakes to get past 10th&9th and to turn, and then brake again to sneak inside 8th. Get back on the power and try not to drift, take a wide line through the left hander to carry more speed and get to 3rd before apexing the right hander. Careful here, it is more than a 90 deg bend and gently get back on the power.

At the end of the back straight, brake late, get down to 2nd and power through, stay flat and again stop the car drifting through the right hander (ignore the brake point if driving line is on) and then brake hard, turn and take the S straight. Brake close to apex of the final section and let the back end drift slightly, get the car together so that you can power through the final bend and down the straight.

Lap 1; should be a mid to high 1.23 but you can get away with a very low 1.24.

Back to T1 now with clear track. Brake btw the two yellow lines that cross the centre line and sweep/drift around the double right, then power on, take second as you go through the left. With a clear track stay well left and line up a good apex on the right hander, get this right and you will be a few car lengths behind the leader. Now stay cool !!!

Sometimes in tests you want to grab the lead anyway you can, as soon as you can, not this time (because IC-10 had been giving me grief). So closing on him after the right hander, I just concentrated on keeping the car well balanced to make my move.

I had decided to go for lead as I entered the final complex, a right hander, and to block the leader in case I lost it a little as the final bend can be very tricky - which I then did.

HTH
 
Last edited:
Back