ICE ON Mt.Aso!? glitch?

I've seen it several times. Mostly to the side of the road.

That's proof we need an ice surface. It would make for some great moments.

I had this happen SSR7 before, we were having a Team meet and next thing you know it started snowing.

Snow is regular weather on SSR7. It's randomly exchanged with rain when you set weather to 100%.

So do you lose grip on that surface? If yes I'm curious to try it too! If you'd share it, PM me your PSN please, and I'll send a friend request. :)

A friend of mine has a video of a similar track. And, judging from the pictures, it looks similar. Whether it's ice or not I don't know, but I thought I'd drop it in

I take this to be sand or volcanic ash, Mt. Aso has volcanic activity so I assume its ash. When its driven through very bright white particles are kicked up, which its great for photos.

These are completely random, Ive seen it a half dozen times out of the thousands of tracks I've tested.

I found one track recently that has 2 of these patches right at the apex of some corners.
Often if you do find one of these the track will be worthless, I've only found 3 or so that were good tracks in addition to having these ash piles.

Look here as well if you want more info: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=243832

Yeah I'd be happy to share the track, I'll add you later tonight.

If anybody else is interested just let me know.

Will be on to DL later today

UPDATE: There's definitely something there, I can feel it in my G27 every time I run over it. I'm not sure what it's actually supposed to be, but it might be some kind of dirt or gravel - I took several slow runs over the dust patch in an attempt to determine the nature of this anomaly, and the game considers it a rough surface.

Last edited:
Not sure but I doubt the water/ice sticks to the track - as previously posted by many others I suppose it's just the weather glitch.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

It can snow on Special Stage Route 7 and even on the Nurburgring, but I have yet to see this in Mt. Aso. I don't think it's snow as the texture seems to suggest otherwise. As pointed out before, it could be volcanic ash.

stupidstormy36
It can snow on Special Stage Route 7 and even on the Nurburgring, but I have yet to see this in Mt. Aso. I don't think it's snow as the texture seems to suggest otherwise. As pointed out before, it could be volcanic ash.

Is that hack or something?

What stupidstormy36 is referring to is snow falling from the sky, and this happens without hacking but is quite rare.

The stuff we are referring to is a patch on the track, and I wager its more likely volcanic ash or sand/gravel. if you want to see more check the link I posted above, or send me a friend request and try it for yourself.

Back