I'd have done it too, if not for those meddling kids!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alaneye
  • 66 comments
  • 3,840 views
My dad (a driver in real life) thought he could beat me (a non-driver in real life) for that simple fact. For some reason, he didn't think that the fact I was half decent at GT4 made any difference, 'cause he could drive a car in real life.

Needless to say I schooled him probably about as bad as possible, and he didn't talk to me for about 3 days. :dopey:

It was good fun though, and reading some of the posts here, I really appreciate having a dad that would do things like that.
 
hahaha, i feel sorry for him..

*pats him on the head*
 
I might go see how good that lap is, but I need to buy the Viper Team Oreca first.

Thats really cool that you'll doo that with your son. My dad used to play me in GT3, but then I got way better at it and now he won't play it(well it's GT4 now) because he deson't want to be embarrased. If he has a chance to beat me at something he'll play it.

Damn us meddling kids :lol:
 
Drift260Z
I see your son's 1.31.841 and raise him a 1.29.408. that was after about 4 laps. I didn't want to spend much time one it, I just wanted to see if I could beat it. 1st lap, pretty messy, 2nd lap making progress but messed up a little. 3rd lap beat your son's time and still messed up a whole bunch. 4th lap got the 1.29.408 and stopped. I could dip into 1.28.xxx if I tried enough, but I'm also watching F1 qualifying.

rock. :cool:

Gauntlet thrown. I will inform said son when I get home and I should imagine he will take up the challenge ;)
Alan

P.S. Are you on NTSC or PAL? PAL here.
 
synik
Hey alan. Whenever I race the ghost I always get messed up because I have this mental complex about hitting the car and watching the car. Also I take it personally when i get beaten or passed by something that is innanimate like a recorded car that is endlessly looping yet still beats me. Make sure u race without the ghost on the track.

One other thing is this. It sounds like you might be driving too aggressively. Try driving more conservatively. What I mean is this. First, you drive really conservatively where you go through at least once going at a speed wher e you NEVER lose grip and are always going through each turn at a speed that you can control completely. Then you slowly build up how fast you can go until you here screeching tires on every turn. The screeching of the tires is the main tell tale sign that you are at the breaking point of losing traction.

Learn what gear you have to be in for each turn and this will make planning easier. (for example. i think that turn is a 2nd gear turn or. hmm thats a real slow turn that will be a first gear turn. or i realy need to take that turn at 3rd gear.)

only thing after that is to race with the computer and copy his lines. once you copy their lines you can improve on them because usually they are pretty sucky and TOO conservative. and lots of the courses have corners where you can cheat and go faster by just going on the grass ;) !

You are right about driving aggressively. When I play I am all over the place, physically leaning into the corners like a maniac, yet when he plays he hardley moves. I am constantly playing catch up with his ghost, and I know it's cornering that lets me down. Maybe I'll try it without the pressure and see if I can build up as you say.
Alan
 
i was browsing and read this post my son is 3 and a half and likes to drive in the grass and dirt. It must be like the sand box for him.
he tries but i get a little impatient but after reading this im gona take a little mor time and in a few years he and my daughter will probably be smokeing me!!!
My daughter is 6 months old
 
sledhead
i was browsing and read this post my son is 3 and a half and likes to drive in the grass and dirt. It must be like the sand box for him.
he tries but i get a little impatient but after reading this im gona take a little mor time and in a few years he and my daughter will probably be smokeing me!!!
My daughter is 6 months old

I'd say you have nine years or so to wallow in superiority yet, sledhead. :)
Alan
 
Back