Idea : Car of the week!

United Kingdom
Manchester/England
webbithegooner
I was wondering about this as an idea. How about we members of the GTplanet.net community have a nominated car of the week?

We could have tuning tips, specific online races, paint and wheel discussions and general chatter about something different every week. I think it would be a particularly good way of getting people driving some of the less popular or under-appreciated stuff, broadening our knowledge and just having a laugh.

We could set time trial challenges at certain circuits to see how far people can push its abilities or see how highly you can make them score when drifting.

What do you all think? Any other suggestions?

I think that's a brilliant idea!
It would get people involved much more on GTPlanet and on GT5, using cars they've never considered using and therefore altering their opinions for the better one/or for worse. :)

It's a great idea actually. I would love to use some of my other, unused cars. It would also expose the more underrated cars to kids who are too used with new Lambos and Astons. And we could have categories, like 4wd cars, race cars, etc.

sounds like one heck of an awesome idea, should be great if you can get suggestions onto the GTP homepage to get other users to try it out too :D

I agree with everyone else, it's a great idea! Every other car forum I've been on has a Ride of the Week/Month so why can't we 👍

I love the enthusiasm guys!

I wouldn't know how to get it onto the GTP homepage, but I agree that it would be a good way to go.

I am just wondering who should get to pick the cars. I don't think it should be voted for - not because I am undemocratic, but because I like the idea of it being something people wouldn't necessarily think of. I am happy to pick, as a Turismo player from the very first day of the very first game I like to think I know a thing or two and have for a while been doing this with a few of my mates. But I am new to the forum game and don't really have any credentials. Maybe picking car names from a hat?

Thinking about the suggestion of different categories, I think it best if we concentrated on just one per week. That way we can all get fully into it.

But this is an idea that can only really work if lots of people get onboard.

Who's with me? (...big cheer from the assembled crowd...)

i think its a great idea!!!
i think you can pick the order of the guy who pick the cars by the comments like you pick first then "aadil717" and keep going like this.

This sounds so exciting @Turismo.M.G!. :) I've always wanted to meet cars that aren't "very noticed like modern cars". I love classic cars, muscle cars, rally cars and race cars from the old times to '04 times. :D

it's a great idea, i think the car should either be available in the new car dealership or the o.c.d at the time though, otherwise a lot of people may not have or be able to acquire the car whilst discussions are going on.

it's a great idea, i think the car should either be available in the new car dealership or the o.c.d at the time though, otherwise a lot of people may not have or be able to acquire the car whilst discussions are going on.

This is a very good point and I agree this should be the case for the first few. However I would like to think there are plenty of people out there who would be willing to share the COTW, giving even those who cannot buy it a chance so we could pick a lesser known, rarer gem and give it the exposure it may or may not deserve.

The MODS that control the WRS would be the best people to contact about this, making it all official for Leaderboards etc.

GReeK_W1ZaRd
I like the whole idea.....but after 1000 weeks or so, it'll be over :(

We have time till then :D

Then it'd be time to move to the next GT series cars!! By week 1000 we can start on GT9 :lol:

This sounds like a great idea. Hope this follows through!!

Fab idea, give us something else to focus attention on and entertainment once we have spent our 15 minutes completing the 'cruise-fest' seasonals being uploaded atm by PD. I will be keeping my eye out for it in the near future 👍

Very nice idea! As someone else said, it would introduce new cars to the kiddies that think the Veyron is the best car evah, and make them look differently at other classic and unusual cars.

I think the car of the week for me must be the CLK TC '01! Amazing Handling!!!

Used this in an online race at the weekend and I fell in love! It's an ugly SOB but don't judge a book by its cover!!

Here's my car of the week.

GT-R R35 TC

I have been racing this car online most evenings this week. I have a tune from Praiano's thread for it which is brilliant.

This is my all round favourite car at the moment.

Ps. Good thread by the way.

Last edited:
ImTheZobi
but the cars who get picked cant be DLC since not everyone have them

If it is a vehicle, on the actual game and goes around a track then in my opinion it is a CAR!
You should be able to pick any car you want as far as I am concerned, otherwise it should have been specified NO DLC CARS!

ImTheZobi
but the cars who get picked cant be DLC since not everyone have them

Nothing wrong with having a DLC as car of the week IMO.

What's the odds of a DLC car been the car of the week anyway. It's tough look to those that don't have them.

But if that's the case, make the thread slightly different:

-Standard car of the week.
-Premium car of the week.
-Dlc car of the week.

Back