Gimp
Premium
Norway
Home
The_Ske
PzR Ske
International Drift Mayhem presents
IDM Video Magazine Vol. 2

Yep, you read right... Team IDM is back with a new video mag! It's been a while since last time, but it's time we got with the program and made this happen.

Featured drifters: Boundary Layer, Sheron, Swift, Bustwave, Ske, TRi and more
Running time: 17 minutes 8 seconds
Format: 242 MB (2mbps) WMV
Edited by: TRi and Ske

Download the full vid here!
(WARNING! 242 MB's. Save it to disk, do not stream )
(check back if the site is down)

---------------------------------------------------------

Preview:

Yep, enjoy all. This video has something for everyone.

Check out the cool surprise ending! :sly:

Why is there two "http" ?

Im going to try and get it at my school
because it was downloading pretty slow for me, 2 hours then went to 78 hours bu yeahh...

wicked awesome video man. love the setup and the drifting is just amazing. it just took a little while to download with my slow computer :grumpy:, lol.

The preview is excellent.

With the talent showcased here, and the available technology, at what point are you going to make a real "Fan Film"? There are loads of Star Wars fan films, Indiana Jones, and loads of others. Why not a Drift Fan Film?

The right angles, the right back drops, the right car selection...

Impressed, am I.

With the talent showcased here, and the available technology, at what point are you going to make a real "Fan Film"?

Hmm I like the idea, even though I'm not sure I know quite what you're talking about :dunce:
Examples of fan films, maybe? I'm thinking about vids like "Troops", but I'm not sure how that would translate to drifting...

PS: Why don't you PM one of us if you wanna elaborate... if we end up doing it, we don't wanna give away too much right here right now do we?

:sly:

I can't wait to watch this, I know it is gonna be good. Think I'll wait till my internet is reset though. It will take forever to download at my current speed. :D

hehe great work boys im great fan of ure drifting ske, and sheron cheers for the great drift setups u upload. Is there any chance you could pm me some of the setups u used for this film. Cheers

Is there any chance you could pm me some of the setups u used for this film. Cheers

I can post them here if you want them.. any specific settings you're interested in? Note that some of the cars I used don't handle that well and really needed to be wrestled into drifting ;)

:embarrassed: if ske can do it i can do it.... possibly. umm can u pls post the m5, z06 and the ss seeting. cheers boss, keep up the gw

ps wot steering wheel u guys using, i know ure using the dfp ey ske

:embarrassed: if ske can do it i can do it.... possibly. umm can u pls post the m5, z06 and the ss seeting. cheers boss, keep up the gw

ps wot steering wheel u guys using, i know ure using the dfp ey ske
Proper english, my good man.

You agreed to it in the AUP when you registered, now abide by it.
Acceptable Use Policy
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums.

:embarrassed:, if ske can do it i can do it.... possibly. Umm, can you please post the m5, z06 and the ss settings? Cheers boss, keep up the gw

PS: what steering wheel are you guys using, i know you're using the dfp, ey ske?

The M5 is pretty much stock, just weight reduction, balancing and polish

The Vette and SS don't handle very well to be honest.. they've pretty much got the default suspension settings (full custom) with a 2-way diff and loads of power... all the usual mods, of course, and I think they're both at between 450 and 500 hp. I also added quite a bit of rear ballast to get them to oversteer on lift/brake.

All my cars run on N1s all around, though I'm partial to using N2s with the DFP.

I use mainly the old blue DF wheel, but I dust off my DFP once in a while too... can't really remember which clips in the vid are done with either, but I'd say around 70% are DF, and 30% DFP.

----------------------------

Here's a list of what I THINK we're using (correct me if I'm wrong ;) )
Boundary Layer - DFP
Sheron - D-pad
Swift - DF
Bustwave - DS2 (?)
Ske - DF/DFP
TRi - DS2

Hey, great video guys ske what are the settings on the red mercedes you were using?

Like the other cars I described, it's not a whole lot of tuning involved..

I either use a 2-way diff or something like 10/25/10 if I wanna loosen it up..
For suspension, I tend to just tune the stabs and springs from feeling.
If the cars are understeery from a huge front engine, I add some ballast to the rear to make them oversteer on lift/brake...
I pretty much always buy engine balancing and port polish, as well as weight reduction and drivetrain mods. Exhaust is changed if I need more/less power or hate the sound of the car ;)

After that, it's mostly how you drive... some of those cars (like the mercedes) needs a lot of convincing to stick sideways into a turn, but once they're drifting the power delivery is like silk. Also, countersteer slightly less than normal and try to be smooth on the throttle.

Back