IDM Video Magazine, Vol. 2 (it's out!)

• Thread starter Ske
  • 70 comments
First off let me say what a great video this was guys, really well put together with alot of variety, which is always a good thing... allowing us viewers to never get borededededeedded.

The intro was quite the quality, i enjoyed it.. then with the introduction of the song into Boundary Layers section... was very well timed.

Boundary Layer, ofcoarse showcased some jaw dropping skill, whilst pulling off some very slick skids with AC/DC in the background!!!, Much kudos in song choice my friend, much kudos. The camera views were always interesting, which can be everything in making your slides look as best as they can.

Sheron, showing off with his speed slides being behind the wheel of the Mazda was a great way to introduce us with his skills. Then with every car following, each were individual and un-common which gives the video contrast and an idea of what skills sheron beholds. Very impressed to say the least. Are you really usind a D-Pad?, Kind of looks like an Analog stick to me... And i can't say much about music selection for this section, not into the dance, techno crap (ehem.. i meant music). Much impressed with the drift to the ing though.
P.S. = I dont know about that wing on the soarer!

Swift, a very slick introduction to this section with the crimson type tone. I much enjoyed the skids with the rotary powered FD which to me seems to be your favoured automobile. Top class slides from our moderator, could we expect anything less?. It should of been longer!

Bustwave, I havent seen much of your stuff, but you certainly impressed me with what ive seen in this vid, the varied tones with each clip from every car was good, example. some sepia, some monotone, some contrasted.. that made it interesting, some interesting car choices which is always good... and ofcoarse top notch driftang through-out. I seemed to notice different quality footage between some cars... is there a reason for that? I enjoyed the skids with the old school skyliner.

Ske, Introducing us with a 360 induced slide was just showing off!, haha. a very slick way to come into the section. top notch. and everything following never faileth on quality. some gnarly angle was provided with some cars.. just some really top quality skids... really impressed, but i knew i would be.

TRI, and i thought ske was showing off with his 360 entry! TRI is really our stunt man on these forums insn't he, the rexy slide on seatle was just fabulous. and he pulled it off better then i expected. wow! Everything following was just amazing... the FTO entries on seoul were jaw dropping! 1080 was it not on one of the entries?, the M3 360 was awesome! and the FF skids with the trial celica really put a creative edge on the video! You used every drive train available, so that shocases your broad range of skills quite well. really great/madness/fabulous!

Delphic Reason, To me his "suprise" introduction was kind of predictable :sly: , haha. but never the less it was a great way to finish off the vid!. I loved the inside view of the old school corvette doing a few skids. He looked so calm, collected and casual... if only it was as easy as that in real life. Theres not much i can say with out repeating myself (in which i have said in his thread for his video)... just another quality team member of the IDM crew.

The outro (before DR) was greatness with the bumper view of a lap tsukuba, giving us all the relevant information. Overall a top notch short film in amongst the best videos on these forums for GT4... naturally. Boundary Layer, were you the main editor of the film?.

Anywho's, thats my 0.2 cents worth, latex. (sorry its a bit lengthy) & i also apoligise for my poor english.

Swift, a very slick introduction to this section with the crimson type tone. I much enjoyed the skids with the rotary powered FD which to me seems to be your favoured automobile. Top class slides from our moderator, could we expect anything less?. It should of been longer!
Thanks! :) and you're quite right, it should've been longer. I apologize for the shortness of my section. I was cool enough to pick that particular music though :)

The outro (before DR) was greatness with the bumper view of a lap tsukuba, giving us all the relevant information. Overall a top notch short film in amongst the best videos on these forums for GT4... naturally. Boundary Layer, were you the main editor of the film?.

TRi did the intro. BL did the credits. Ske put the clips together(As well as other two parts into one video)
Anywho's, thats my 0.2 cents worth, latex. (sorry its a bit lengthy) & i also apoligise for my poor english.

You're english is better then most 15 year old Americans :D

Sheron, showing off with his speed slides being behind the wheel of the Mazda was a great way to introduce us with his skills. Then with every car following, each were individual and un-common which gives the video contrast and an idea of what skills sheron beholds. Very impressed to say the least. Are you really usind a D-Pad?, Kind of looks like an Analog stick to me... And i can't say much about music selection for this section, not into the dance, techno crap (ehem.. i meant music). Much impressed with the drift to the ing though.
P.S. = I dont know about that wing on the soarer!
Thanks for the comment 👍

Yes, I use D-pad (I promise). And I like the wing on the Soarer :dopey:

Thanks for all the kind words Funkshen. We're all glad to see people enjoying the vid.

As Swift already pointed out, Ske was the main editor, with the intro done by TRi - I was only responsible for the drifting and editting of the outtro. There's no way I would've found the time between classes and exams to pull everything together and make the video look as good as I think it does as quickly as Ske was able to. He did a great job.

I doubt bustwave is too likely to pop in and comment on his section. Anyways, I believe all of his clips were recorded on a digital camera since his regular capture card was sidelined when we asked him for a few clips. For being from a camera the quality was great, and Ske did his best to try and cover it up a little more with filters, etc.

oh, and yeh, AC/DC rocks ;) 👍

Hey IDM!

Haven't visited here in a long time, and how fortunate am I to bump into this 2nd video from IDM just when I visited.

It's great to see the old faces still around and showing off their amazing skills in GT4 (since GT3 too) drifting. The video is still very long (just like the first one), but I never felt bored throughout the whole video, which is really something!

Each section shows a lot of that particular drifter's characteristics, which is one of my favourite aspect of this movie, a very good achievement I'd say.

Real good stuff IDM, thanks for the awesome video. Haven't got this excited since the FBI.

WOW:bowdown:...

I dont know what else to say... you guys must have been playing alot and for a long time... when i see that kind of video it gives me hope for my drift skills.. but when i get back on my ps2... i feel ashamed ! :lol:

Practice makes you perfect ! Thats what they say !!!

Again very nice video guyz... and could some1 tell me if this was done by lan in a single house or over the internet when your all together on the sequence ??? Thx !!!

Could someone tell me if this was done by lan in a single house or over the internet when your all together on the sequence ??? Thanks!!!

It was done by TRi in Premiere, I assume :P

You mean to say that it was just an editing of all your video onto 1 single video done with adobe premier ?????

That cant be right !!?!?!?

That's exactly right.

Also,

Acceptable Use Policy
  • No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the forums

Please don't continue to use the internet speak on this forum. Thanks :)

Please don't continue to use the internet speak on this forum. Thanks :)

Sorry about that.. i know we are not allowed to and i've been trying to type correctly... but which slang did i use... the *1* ???

I just want to know... i am not questionning the authority here :nervous:

Sorry about that.. i know we are not allowed to and i've been trying to type correctly... but which slang did i use... the *1* ???

I just want to know... i am not questionning the authority here :nervous:

It wasn't just this post, but others I've seen you make on this forum as well.

Thanks for complying with the rules.

Alright,

I'm sorry... i just want to assure you that i am trying to obey all the rules in here because i really enjoy this whole site...

I discovered you guys like a week ago... and i've been on reading posts and threads ever since... so don't worry i'm not here to do any trouble !!!

Thanks for everything by the way !!!!

Congrats to IDM Team!

You had made so many members here drools over the magazine 2 video, and i'm one of them. To me, I would say that you guys had done the impossible. The video is more than perfect in my view. I'm almost speechless after watching it.

Guys out there, watching it once ain't enough, do it EVERYDAY!

Cheers!

Clanegie.

The ol' school vette was my favorite, great angle.

Im no noob to GT4, but how did sheron get the mazda racer, and that other one in black? If its some uber rare car, I dont know most of them.

I watched the video a few days ago, amazing guys. Very professional, everyones part offers up something a little different. All of you are great GT4 drift role models, I hope I have skills close to yours one day. :) Keep up the fantastic work IDM! 👍 👍

That was quite the critical review Funkshen. Thank you. It's amazing to see true words rather than just "cool, awesome, sucked, hilarious,etc..."

I waited(patiently and impatiently) so long for this vid to come out and it's awesome to be a part of it.

You mean to say that it was just an editing of all your video onto 1 single video done with adobe premier ?????

That cant be right !!?!?!?
It's actually done in After Effects. Its possible in Premiere, just not as easy.

Entertaining video. Given the cast, great drifting was not surprising. I was a bit surprised by the crazy spinning moves I hadn't seen before, though. :crazy:

It was nice to see the varying styles as well. Video editing was top notch, as well as the work that everyone did in getting good content off the PS2. 👍

I read the other posts and didn't catch anyone mentioning this, but nice doughnut Boundary Layer. GT4 doesn't make that an easy task. :ouch:

Glad to see the drifting section of GTPlanet picking up again. :cheers:

Well this is awesome !

I mean nice work... anyone could think that was recorded while you guyz where playin all together !!!

Nice job and nice drifting also !!! Very Nice !!!

I read the other posts and didn't catch anyone mentioning this, but nice doughnut Boundary Layer. GT4 doesn't make that an easy task. :ouch:

:

You can search for this video of him doing all those doughnuts in another thread ! We are all worshiping him ! ;)

Yeh, they aren't new but they're still fun. Glad you liked em. 👍

I've been able to do them in a couple of other AWDs, but that Falken GT-R always does them the best for me.

I remember when I watched that. I was surprized at how well you did them because I always thought you couldn't do donuts in GT. :D

I remember when I watched that. I was surprized at how well you did them because I always thought you couldn't do donuts in GT. :D
The possibilities are infinate with GT ! Remember that young Padawan ! :sly:

BTW Boundary .... Glad that you like Rurouni Kenshin ! Awesome Anime !!!

And have you ever tried to do doughnuts with the Ford GT1 in GT3... you could do some crazy **** with that wild horse !!!

No i really mean GT3...

Go in license tests and do the last test of IA license... its in Cote d'azure with that GT1 i was talking about... you will see what i mean... ;)

my best lap is 1min28sec !

No worries for the comments boys, i felt that some one had to write up a decent comment.

And swift, last time i checked i was an 18 year old Australian... as my profile reads. ;)

And swift, last time i checked i was an 18 year old Australian... as my profile reads. ;)

I know this. I was just commenting because you said your english isn't that good. :)

Back