If GT Sport content updates were to be charged...

• Thread starter alp
  • 81 comments

How much would you pay for the monthly DLC for GT Sport?

• None. I would play with whatever I have or move on to another title.

• 50p per car & € 2.50 per track

• 75p per car & € 3.75 per track

• € 1 per car & € 5.00 per track

• € 2 per car & € 10.00 per track

• € 2.50 or more per car & €12.50 or more per track (There is no price to deter me from getting them).

Results are only viewable after voting.

alp

Cyprus
Cyprus
apocalypxoticnow
Assume we were to be charged for the monthly content updates arriving to GT Sport based on the # of cars and tracks to be included. How much at most would you be willing to spend on them? Do not confuse this with buying cars on PS Store instead of using in-game credits and for the sake of argument assume bug fix/BoP update/tire model update and other non-content stuff are still for free. Would you still buy every single thing if it were cheap enough? Let us know! :cheers:.

I don't know if I would do a car by car, track by track basis. If it were a monthly or quarterly DLC with like 8-10 cars and 2-3 tracks for 20 USD or so, I COULD get behind something like that, assuming the cars/tracks are cool. I wouldn't get everything but def. ones that tickle my fancy

Offer me a pack of content and I'll be tempted to pay for it. I enjoyed the GT5 packs and bought them all because they had good value.

Not so sure about individual cars or tracks though. That could get expensive for a limited life span game.

Definitely a fan off the content on offer from PD and therefore happy to pay for it.

However I voted no as I would prefer to make one payment upfront in exchange for a finished product.
I specifically held off purchasing a PS4 and GT Sport due to lack of content and only bought 10 days ago (see my psn is in my profile for proof of this).
I wouldn’t buy a car irl and then expect to pay more to add doors, wheels and an engine later on!

However, if GT Sport was to be around for years to come with content continuously added, even if it evolved onto PS5 but was the same core game, then yes I’d be happy to pay for what I consider to be additional content beyond what I purchased 10 days ago which was more of a finished product than what was available at release.
So although I voted ‘no’ it could actually mean ‘yes’.:odd:

Last edited:
What does PD gain by putting the DLC up for sale other than the proverbial "more funds to make the game better"? They more than likely want to keep all the content free so you don't have to pay extra to use sport mode and daily races if they use said DLC like they have been. I'm not against paying for hypothetical future content, I just see no reason why PD would do it in the first place when the current model is fine.

No. People already pay for my content via MTX. The whales have been targeted and baited already.

Just gotta balance the cost/grind better for those 20m toys and it's all good. Those that wanna pay extra for me to play without doing so, do. Sweet!

Why is this even a question/poll? Why shouldn't we simply enjoy receiving additional content at no additional charge without contemplating how much more we'd be willing to pay?

The game did not launch with as much content as other games in the genre, so why should we repeatedly pay more to still have less content than other games? I think it would alienate a big portion of their audience to charge additionally for content in a game that's comparably light on content. The only way that might work is if the base game was free or priced very low.

Additional cars affect BoP, so it could become pay-to-win if additional cars were sold separately... or additional cars would have to be negatively 'balanced' to avoid becoming pay-to-win, which would render those additional cars worthless for competitive purposes, thereby defeating the purpose of buying them at all.

Launch with 500 cars and a few dozen tracks (including variations) and they can charge for DLC. I’d pay £40 for a season pass.

If PD can continue to offer free DLC and generate enough revenue from optional micro-transactions. All the better.

No, The current setup is best right now, I just want GT to catch up with Forza in terms of content since car assets and track assets have to be worked from the ground up so-to-say

Considering what some people pay for on other games. Like on FIFA 19 some are paying upwards of hundreds of pounds on TOTS (Team of the Season players).

Compared to that GTS currently has a good model. If content was to be upped and you had to pay a little more, I don't mind it.

I happily pay for added content on any game if it is value for money and I've been rather invested in the game.

No, I wouldn’t. I’m in the camp of paid full price just after launch for an incomplete game so paying for them to complete it would piss me off and I probably wouldn’t have touched it again. That would be a shame as it is great and I do enjoy it.

I'd rather not pay but if I had to it would depend on what the content was and what mood I was in.
Being a Yorkshireman, I'd want to pay as little as possible too.

I'm glad everything is free with the updates, and I think it should stay that way. Every update is like nearly an expansion for a Forza game (like in the lines of Motorsport 6), although with less cars added (roughly an average of at minimum, seven cars, and at most, 13 cars).

But if I ever have to pay for such content they need a season pass like Forza so that you don't have to pay again and again, but if there's no other option, guess this leaves me no choice, right? There's no need to charge such ridiculous prices if they want to add paid stuff.

My biggest concern is the rate of how content is produced. If Polyphony's goal for "over 500 cars" is realistic, they should consider increasing the production of cars brought by updates.

Tracks should never be paid DLC, in my opinion. Being locked out of the main part of the game (Sport mode), not being able to race in your favorite category because you didn't buy the featured track for the week doesn't seem like a good idea.

I don't like the idea of paying for content returning from GT6 as well.

I've paid for DLC in other games, but it depends on the makeup of the content and how much it appeals to me. Since I'm a longtime GT player, I might be open to paying for a pack of the unicorn cars or packs containing classic tracks. Of course, I'd prefer free content as much as everyone else and am glad that they've adhered to their current model. If I had top choose, I'd vote NO.

Last edited:
Back