If GT Sport content updates were to be charged...

• Thread starter alp
  • 81 comments

How much would you pay for the monthly DLC for GT Sport?

• None. I would play with whatever I have or move on to another title.

• 50p per car & € 2.50 per track

• 75p per car & € 3.75 per track

• € 1 per car & € 5.00 per track

• € 2 per car & € 10.00 per track

• € 2.50 or more per car & €12.50 or more per track (There is no price to deter me from getting them).

Results are only viewable after voting.
It’s interesting to note that GT6 had money for credits while GTS has money for cars. Wonder why. If I were ever to pay for anything in GTS it would be money for credits rather than cars. I never bought credits in GT6 and forget what the price tiers were, but it seems like it was a cheaper option than what we have now. On top of the ridiculous GTS credit grinding the current purchasing options seem like they’re taking advantage. Not a fan.

Incidentally I did purchase DLC on PC2 and Gravel. Since everything was unlocked in PC2 from the beginning it was a non-issue to spend a little extra, but a game that’s designed around a credit system it feels excessive to straight-up buy cars.

I wouldnt worry about PD taking notice of anything that is discussed here, good or bad.

LIke who would have guessed we have MTX but only on sub $2mil stuff.

I would, these forums are one of the reasons the e30 m3 got added

I would, these forums are one of the reasons the e30 m3 got added

You mean one of the most successful touring cars of all time, an iconic vehicle from a prolific manufacturer, a car with a cult following... ONLY got added because of GTP...

.. evidence?

Considering that the relationship with FIA and the upcoming GTC, it's not practical that the DLCs are charged, as it doesn't feel right: some competitors can drive cars that others can't. It feels *wrong*.

I voted no, but I think the question is a moot point. Wouldn't this whole idea be useless in Sport mode? I'm no programmer, but I'm pretty sure that everyone racing has to have the same tracks and cars, or something will crash. If I can't use the car in a race online, or the track, I'm not interested. If PD ran races with cars or tracks that had to be paid for, I think they would loose a huge amount of players.
But I could be wrong.

Wouldn't be cool to have Sport mode like a test-mode too ? You can drive it in Sport mode and 1 time per track in Lobby mode, but then you've to buy that specific track yourself to drive it again. Each week there are 3 tracks in GT mode. lets say 2 of them are regular, 1 track the newest and latest track that had been added to Gtsport. A week to learn the track without buying it, without driving it with your own car of choise you want to drive it there..

I think it's an excellent way saying "Try Me" like the toys we tryed out in the stores in the days we were young (I'm 38, but still young).

That doesn’t sound cool at all. :lol: Tracks should always be free, turn 10 made the mistake of charging for tracks in FM6.

Homestead and VIR came with the Nascar and Porsche expansions. They were non-existant in multiplayer outside the nascar and porsche hoppers, which were mostly dead anyway. It was a waste of two perfectly good tracks.

Last edited:
I believe PD is going about micro transactions in a semi decent way allowing you to buy cars in the game with cr or you can pay for it. I dont like that the only cars worth buying (20mill cars) are not for sale lmfao.
Its weird only cars worth it are not available furthermore stupid that its worth it cuz 20mill stupid tag in a video game. Expect you to have no real life....

Until they finish adding most of the (semi) premiums from GT6 and have a track roster to rival recent GT entries the DLC should continue to be free.

I'd pay good money for a VR update that would include multiple cars and multiplayer. It must be possible? Look how decent Wipeout runs with excellent graphics, and even Driveclub!

Its pretty obvious why paying for tracks is wrong... in the same way paying for maps for FPS games is wrong.

It splits the player base. If Sport mode goes to a track that people dont have... then it fractures the audience.

Cars though... if you dont have a car because you dont want to pay for it, choose something that comes with the base game.

I do get how an unscrupulous company can use this to coerce customers to buy MAP or TRACK packs but making events exclusively with the paid content.

Is that the MO of PD though? Would Kaz do that?

Wouldn't be cool to have Sport mode like a test-mode too ? You can drive it in Sport mode and 1 time per track in Lobby mode, but then you've to buy that specific track yourself to drive it again. Each week there are 3 tracks in GT mode. lets say 2 of them are regular, 1 track the newest and latest track that had been added to Gtsport. A week to learn the track without buying it, without driving it with your own car of choise you want to drive it there..

I think it's an excellent way saying "Try Me" like the toys we tryed out in the stores in the days we were young (I'm 38, but still young).
where did you get this idea?

Its pretty obvious why paying for tracks is wrong... in the same way paying for maps for FPS games is wrong.

It splits the player base. If Sport mode goes to a track that people dont have... then it fractures the audience.

Cars though... if you dont have a car because you dont want to pay for it, choose something that comes with the base game.
Even with significantly smaller games that split player base Via DLC, I’ve never had an issue getting into full games to play with people. The easy solution would to be to have a separate sport lobby that has only those tracks specifically, and one that doesn’t. Or even one that has both, but requires the additional purchase to even get into.

I don’t see that as a reason we’re entitled to a lot of extra work on the devs part, for free, even more so when you consider the very high numbers this game is pulling in. That’s not to say I’d prefer paying over free content, more so that if the game has value to it and the extra content has the right price tag, I wouldn’t mind supporting a dev I like.

Either way, didn’t GT in the past allow people to share a track even though everyone doesn’t own it?

I do get how an unscrupulous company can use this to coerce customers to buy MAP or TRACK packs but making events exclusively with the paid content.

Is that the MO of PD though? Would Kaz do that?
Haven’t seen a game do that, out of the ones I’ve played. Usually they’ll offer the original side by side with the new playlist. Even the more controversial games like COD.

As for the MO, how are we to know? They seem to go back and forth with the ways they choose to try to make money. From charging for one use paint chips in the past, to saying their won’t be microtransactions and then adding them in anyways. Anything can happen in this industry.

where did you get this idea?

Just a matter of telling my thougths like I'm not against paid dlc or a kind of monthly membership if it contains a wider variety of new contect for the right price.. and let people try the new content for a limited time, it could work out pretty well.

They, Polyphony Digital are not gaining money anymore as soon we bought GTsport.. They get paid by the people who are still buying the game and the numbers of sold items should decrease obviously like the real GT fans are playing the game for + 2 years now.

Won't it be fair for developers to release a paid dlc pack once in a while, to tget paid for their work, new budget for new cars, tracks and other content in the game? That's what I like about the microtransaction-system like RaceRoom haves.

I pay for the content I like, I don't have to pay for the cars and tracks I'm not interested in.. And like I've said earlier somewhere about the microtransactions in GTsport with cars you could buy with real money, I've bought some cars over the last two months, cars that I like and where I want to so more of similar cars to them. Like a Xbow and Alfa 4C.. It's like working on statistics too.. I would like to see the Elise Sport (from GT6) in the game.. It won't help me if I had bought the Toyota Supra or Volkswagen T1..

Well with 1.32 we got this..

upload_2019-1-18_20-23-53.png

...to shove in our faces :lol::lol::lol:.

Back