If GTSport adds Porsche, a VGT project discussion. (Poll)

Your thoughts about a Porsche VGT project

• Love Porsche. Bring it on

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Fantasy car? No thanks

Votes: 39 39.0%
  • Interested, but a traditional realistic design, or I'm out

Votes: 20 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you think of it VGT's may have kind of been outsourced to their respective manufacturer's design teams. They are rather smart product placement and marketing tools requiring a singular investment. Deeper/direct collaboration with the involved departments may eventually lead to better understanding of game model specific requirements and possibly(?) serve as a basis for future streamlining between manufacturers CAD and Gran Turismo.

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way a CAD model will always just be a base to start on their own 3D model, there is no magic 'ta da' button to just generate a game model from a CAD model and I really can't see PD 'let' someone else create their car models, we know how anal and protective they are. They want everything done in house.

Sure there is no magic button; I just imagine that accurate individually selectable meshes may be a less laborious starting point than a traditional blueprint. (?)

Hope to see something from Porsche in game, I doubt it will be RR but still, one can dream. It's 95% gonna be another AWD with electronic aids.

What I think will realistically happen is something resembling an unreleased hypercar production model and then a Fully Race-Spec Variant of that. Similar deal to the Tomahawk and then Tomahawk X.

I'd like to see what Porsche (theoretically) could (theoretically) come up with. I'm sure Porsche would (theoretically) go and try to make something conceivable with today's technology rather than go balls-out like SRT and Chaparral (stupidly) did.
I think the lot of us here are still disappointed from the Wipeout-like student designer orgasms.

(Yes, I emphasized Porsche because I'm still hyped about the brand coming to other games!)
(I'd also prefer something similar to another Infiniti VGT, or BMW VGT, which were RWD coupés. At least, that's the direction I hope Porsche would take)

Hope to see something from Porsche in game, I doubt it will be RR but still, one can dream. It's 95% gonna be another AWD with electronic aids.

What I think will realistically happen is something resembling an unreleased hypercar production model and then a Fully Race-Spec Variant of that. Similar deal to the Tomahawk and then Tomahawk X.
Zlork, is that you?

Totally ambivalent.

They will add a $1 mil. Gr.X and a $1 mil. Gr.1 - both of which will get their salad tossed (!) by the McLarens in their respective groups.... and further the Gr.1 will just be another runner in the motley crue that is the Gr.1 circus.

My response now is what it would have been if it had originally been a poll option. I'm not fussed about Porsche, but I'm pleased to see another VGT.

Back