If I hear the word grinding again?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LR-MR-Cole
  • 49 comments
  • 2,925 views
Messages
499
Messages
LR-MR-Cole
Why does everyone on here complain about grinding. For one whats does it mean? Everyone refers to grinding as Indy with the X1. I assume its for money and xp to purchase rare cars in USD and online CD. But when I hear everyone talking about grinding it really makes me mad. Im level 35 a spec, I have also never had to grind to get there. Yes Ive done endurance races more than once but thats cause Ive wanted to cause I enjoy the event and the endurance factor of it. And if I re race an envent its not cause I need money or xp its cause I want to cause I enjoy it. I race Gran Turismo not for the rare cars that never show up in the UCD, no I race GT because I love automobiles and my passion is so strong for them that I need not worry about money, xp, or reputation on here. I just love to drive the amazing lineup of cars in GT5 (which I hope some go premium very soon). Don't get me wrong I would love to save enough money for the Alfa Romeo T23 Zagato but I dont have to grind to get it. If I happen to have enough money I will purchase it but if not it does not require me to grind in order to get it. So please lets stop with the grinding and just appreciate the cars you can drive.:gtpflag:
 
Gran Turismo 5 the real grinding simulator. :lol:
 
i use a car and start in beginner series and work my way up as high as the car can go in every series....only tuning when i need to. just adding minor things
 
I'd suggest the following:
Don't read threads complaining about grinding, go drive instead.
Don't make another thread complaining about complaints.
 
If you have to do races or championships more than once to level up, then you are grinding.
 
The following is a copy of my post from the other "grinding" thread:

Why not let B-spec Bob do the grinding? The Dream Car Championship race at Indy takes 16 minutes in the Formula Gran Turismo (I don't yet have the X2010), and rewards 86k credits and 20k something exp. Granted you still have to press start over and over and over, but at least it is not wasted time -- I do this while watching movies, or working on the computer, or other housework. Just take a break every 15 minutes or so and start up again, plus the wireless controller is perfect for this. Basically anytime I am home and indoors, and awake, Bob is grinding. I used to hate him because he's an idiot -- now he is my friend, and an idiot.
 
levels are the most annoying in my opinion... i can get the money to buy the X1 but seriously the level? haha what a joke... i dont have time to do 24h le mans or leave my ps3 for 5 days...
 
:lol:

no, wait, i mean :banghead:

hahaha I has the same feeling, I really want to say "no, I never grind" but some times is impossible to skip a little grinding to catch XP
 
Couldn't agree more with the OP. I am lvl 35 a-spec/37 b-spec and have never once done anything that I would consider "grinding"

I have run the 4-hour Nurburgring 5 times now.....I'm not "grinding"...I'm "Playing the game". It's one hell of a fun race.

I play GT5 because I love to drive in it. I race the same races over and over because I love to see how different cars do in the race and get the most competative race I can. I get money and xp all the time I am doing that but it's not the reason I race. I race because driving in GT5 is the best I have come across on a console racer.

Seriously if people feel that they are "grinding" they really should ask themselves why they are playing. Grinding does not sound like something that is fun at all and if your not having fun then why on Earth are you playing?


levels are the most annoying in my opinion... i can get the money to buy the X1 but seriously the level? haha what a joke... i dont have time to do 24h le mans or leave my ps3 for 5 days...

Just have Bob win it for you.
 
Grind Turismo ftw...

Stop complaining... If you hate grinding, stop playing. Simple as that.

Im not overjoyed with the grinding, by all means... But I still enjoy racing and drive the different cars.
 
The following is a copy of my post from the other "grinding" thread:

Why not let B-spec Bob do the grinding? The Dream Car Championship race at Indy takes 16 minutes in the Formula Gran Turismo (I don't yet have the X2010), and rewards 86k credits and 20k something exp. Granted you still have to press start over and over and over, but at least it is not wasted time -- I do this while watching movies, or working on the computer, or other housework. Just take a break every 15 minutes or so and start up again, plus the wireless controller is perfect for this. Basically anytime I am home and indoors, and awake, Bob is grinding. I used to hate him because he's an idiot -- now he is my friend, and an idiot.

^Absolutely this!^ Go, Bob, Go!!
 
Couldn't agree more with the OP. I am lvl 35 a-spec/37 b-spec and have never once done anything that I would consider "grinding"

I have run the 4-hour Nurburgring 5 times now.....I'm not "grinding"...I'm "Playing the game". It's one hell of a fun race.

The problem with that is that's grinding, and it isn't really open to individual interpretation.

I play GT5 because I love to drive in it. I race the same races over and over because I love to see how different cars do in the race and get the most competative race I can. I get money and xp all the time I am doing that but it's not the reason I race. I race because driving in GT5 is the best I have come across on a console racer.

Still grinding. Like I said, doesn't matter how you want to rationalize it but if you're okay with doing it then that's perfectly fine - you're just playing the classic "I enjoy it, so how can it be considered grinding?" card.

Seriously if people feel that they are "grinding" they really should ask themselves why they are playing. Grinding does not sound like something that is fun at all and if your not having fun then why on Earth are you playing?

Has this argument ever worked for anyone?
 
I think the OP is saying that if you enjoy the game, then your just playing/driving.
If your not enjoying the game and it seems like work to you, then your grinding.

I remember playing Super Mario Bros, Contra, etc over and over again... but I wouldn't call it "grinding". Remember how many times you had to re-enter a level to get all the stars in Mario 64? That wasn't grinding, it was fun.

IMOP
 
What some people call a grind, others call playing the game.

Don't you hate the Monopoly grind, where you hafta go all the way around the board if you accidentally pass the property you wanna buy?

Don't you hate when you get your learner's permit, then hafta grind for 6 months of practice before you can get your license?

Basically, "grind" means "I want it all without having to put in time and effort that I feel is unreasonable." For some of us, there is no grind, because we're just playing the game.
 
What some people call a grind, others call playing the game.

Don't you hate the Monopoly grind, where you hafta go all the way around the board if you accidentally pass the property you wanna buy?

Don't you hate when you get your learner's permit, then hafta grind for 6 months of practice before you can get your license?

Basically, "grind" means "I want it all without having to put in time and effort that I feel is unreasonable." For some of us, there is no grind, because we're just playing the game.

:lol:

I guess being engaged is a grind too? Is there any, absolutely any successful logic around here?

And by the way, that's not what grind means at all. Care to try again?
 
Couldn't agree more with the OP. I am lvl 35 a-spec/37 b-spec and have never once done anything that I would consider "grinding"

I have run the 4-hour Nurburgring 5 times now.....I'm not "grinding"...I'm "Playing the game". It's one hell of a fun race.



Really?? I agree it is fun to do time trials on the Ring, but there a 0 "races" in GT5 that are fun, the A.I. ensure that. There are only a few that are challenging, not because the A.I. are better, but because they get artificial boosts to handling and acceleration.

I thought the Lamborghini race would be competitive, but I entered a 70hp increased LP 640 and watched as the same version of the car in the A.I.'s hands accelerated away from me on the straights, just stupid. Make them take corners at reasonable speeds and it would be fun maybe.

I began grinding as soon as I put GT5 in and had to wait 45 mins for it to install, and have wasted 100s of hours since then in loading screens, it all grinding all the time.
 

And by the way, that's not what grind means at all. Care to try again?

Grinding is where you are constantly doing the same thing over and over again. (I think)
 
I'd suggest the following:
Don't read threads complaining about grinding, go drive instead.
Don't make another thread complaining about complaints.

Thank you. 👍
 
Don't you hate the Monopoly grind, where you hafta go all the way around the board if you accidentally pass the property you wanna buy?
Grinding Monopoly would be where the game forces you to repeat squares 1 through 5 for a ten times before it allows you to proceed to square 6. Then have you repeat squares 1-6 for ten times more to proceed to square 7.

Grinding a license would mean having to go through learners permit for ten times before allowing you to get your license.

Grinding a movie would be if you were forced to watch Star Wars #1 for ten times before being allowed to watch #2.

See the difference? ;)
 
Grinding Monopoly would be where the game forces you to repeat squares 1 through 5 for a ten times before it allows you to proceed to square 6. Then have you repeat squares 1-6 for ten times more to proceed to square 7.

Grinding a license would mean having to go through learners permit for ten times before allowing you to get your license.

Grinding a movie would be if you were forced to watch Star Wars #1 for ten times before being allowed to watch #2.

See the difference? ;)

I think you have defined a new term: GTgrinding.

I can see it now. Wife: hey honey how was work? Husband: It sucked I had to doa bunch GTgrinding and felt like I got nothing done all day.👍
 
The Dream Car Championship race at Indy takes 16 minutes in the Formula Gran Turismo (I don't yet have the X2010), and rewards 86k credits and 20k something exp.

It went down to 70k Cr after 1.06 👎
 
Why does everyone on here complain about grinding. For one whats does it mean? Everyone refers to grinding as Indy with the X1. I assume its for money and xp to purchase rare cars in USD and online CD. But when I hear everyone talking about grinding it really makes me mad. Im level 35 a spec, I have also never had to grind to get there. Yes Ive done endurance races more than once but thats cause Ive wanted to cause I enjoy the event and the endurance factor of it. And if I re race an envent its not cause I need money or xp its cause I want to cause I enjoy it. I race Gran Turismo not for the rare cars that never show up in the UCD, no I race GT because I love automobiles and my passion is so strong for them that I need not worry about money, xp, or reputation on here. I just love to drive the amazing lineup of cars in GT5 (which I hope some go premium very soon). Don't get me wrong I would love to save enough money for the Alfa Romeo T23 Zagato but I dont have to grind to get it. If I happen to have enough money I will purchase it but if not it does not require me to grind in order to get it. So please lets stop with the grinding and just appreciate the cars you can drive.:gtpflag:

Why does what other people do make you angry? If people choose to do the same race over and over for whatever reason how does that affect your gaming experience to the point of angering you?
 
Back