If they were to ‘solve’ grinding in the next update…

I have to say that @Tommy_D has a point here: developers do have a path that they expect users to follow towards "beating the game." For Gran Turismo, you can mark that moment by when you get the ending movie.

That's not to say that "beating the game" equals "doing everything available in the game." There are trophies, for example, which require doing things that may be outside of the scope of single player (some in fact do require that.)

However, both @BangsMcCoy and @Lomic are spot on with this: Not only are there tons of things to do out there in GT7 that don't fall under campaign mode, they are a significant focus of the game.

Ultimately however, to do these things doesn't require "grinding."

I have a platinum trophy on this game and I got it without grinding. But that's just me.

My point is that "beating the game" is not the sole way of enjoying this game. Not speaking of grind here, replying to your "it's just how games are made".

Regarding the fact that you don't appreciate the McLaren, again, not everybody enjoys the game the way you do. I have lots of memories with this car from previous GT hence the reason I wanted it.
Trust me, none of the McLaren F1's are worth the price they ask for them. They are overpriced and underperform when compared to their direct rivals. I would rather drive the Porsche equivalent and dominate on a track. So, either you make the choice to grind to buy the car because you want to buy the car and drive it, or take my word for it and don't bother wasting your time. Heck, look up reviews here on the McLaren F1 of any variant. They never are great performers.

How about something like the 1 hour Maggiore race at each track? Maybe it could reset monthly and change classes.
Also why not tie mission completion %, license test completion %, and the number of Scapes photos to the payout multiplier? Maybe each could add up to 200% for all golds with the number of bronze and silver trophies factoring in. Scapes could have a goal of, say, 2,000, with each photo adding 0.1% to the payouts. Each month the player could run a single race on every track for 1 million credits, but it would have to be set to 4 or 5 chili difficulty.

It's not my obsession, it's just how games are made. Since the beginning of video game design, there is a beginning and an end to the game.
That is not how GT7 was designed and not the way all games are especially those that follow a GaaS model like GTAV, RDR2, etc. It's all about player engagement and to get people to keep coming back long after the menus are completed, licenses, etc. .....keeping the game alive and ongoing. There is no "end" in GT7 like there would be in a story-based game like The Last of Us for example.

You're right, not all cars are needed to complete the menus. etc. (in fact just a fraction of what are available), but for folks like me, I enjoy exploring all of the various makes and models, experiencing their in-game characteristics, customizing and tuning them to work for me. Yeah, some are not as pleasurable to drive than others but then again, I have taken that as a challenge in some cases to try and become more proficient with them and/or find a tune that works.

Kaz has been very vocal about how a big part of this game is about collecting cars. He's also mentioned about how they don't want single events / races to be what people focus on for their "grind". Unfortunately, they haven't made too much headway in that sense and the root cause is the in-game economy.

As far as I've seen, most folks aren't asking for an easier go of it but rather payouts and an economy that make more sense. Fore example, one that doesn't lead people to grinding 1 or 2 races over and over again for the most gain. ....again, something Kaz says he wants to avoid.

As I mentioned earlier, payouts that made more sense in how they are calculated for the existing races would most definitely contribute to more player engagement IMO as it would provide much more variety and encourage folks to replay events, spend more time with other tracks, in other cars, etc. This would extend also into the Custom Races where folks already create their own experiences sometimes trying to replicate real life series. I know if they had a more consistent and linear payout model based on difficulty settings, PP, length of race and so on, I would spend a heck of a lot more time in Custom than I do now.

PD took a big step forward IMO with the big update as Custom races actually paid well (many of mine were well over 200k). Still there was a sharp drop off creating a point of diminishing returns after a certain length of the race but it was still better than it was. Unfortunately, they took a step back with the last update or "fix" they made to the game. Payouts decreased in Custom although they are still higher than they were before the big update. ....although I found a way around that "fix" to get more money.

Look, GT7 has no end. ....or at least it was never intended to. PD wants the game to be replayable. They want people to collect cars. They want people to keep signing on. It's all about player engagement, new tracks, new events, new cars to spend credits on, racing online and people creating their own experiences. They want consumers to keep racing whether that's online or solo.

From what I understand about modern gaming, correct me if Im wrong, developers want us playing games longs as possible. Besides, as an adult, I value my money. I dont want to spend $70 in game I can complete in 20 hours.

That is not how GT7 was designed and not the way all games are especially those that follow a GaaS model like GTAV, RDR2, etc. It's all about player engagement and to get people to keep coming back long after the menus are completed, licenses, etc. .....keeping the game alive and ongoing. There is no "end" in GT7 like there would be in a story-based game like The Last of Us for example.
GT7 has a single player storyline (It may not be a good one, albeit, but there is one) and it has a beginning and end. But like I mentioned in the sentences after the quote you clipped of mine, games have evolved to be more "open world" and GT7 has that for players. Though GT1 and GT2 (the only 2 other GT games I am familiar with) may have not had a typical single player game play (start here -----> end here) they still had a progression you needed to go through in order to unlock more of the game and finish the different championships. After that you could just replay the races as many times as you want in different cars. So not quite an "open world" design, but certainly less repetitive feeling than something like Super Mario Bros.

You're right, not all cars are needed to complete the menus. etc. (in fact just a fraction of what are available), but for folks like me, I enjoy exploring all of the various makes and models, experiencing their in-game characteristics, customizing and tuning them to work for me. Yeah, some are not as pleasurable to drive than others but then again, I have taken that as a challenge in some cases to try and become more proficient with them and/or find a tune that works.

Kaz has been very vocal about how a big part of this game is about collecting cars. He's also mentioned about how they don't want single events / races to be what people focus on for their "grind". Unfortunately, they haven't made too much headway in that sense and the root cause is the in-game economy.
Car collecting can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. Some people want to own all the cars (that was me) and, unfortunately, that costs a lot of credits and requires a lot of grinding. It took me almost a year to do it. The developers never made owning all the cars a requirement of the game, though. There are only 3 trophies the developers made related to car collecting: Own 3 legendary cars, store 50 cars in your garage and store 100 cars in your garage. I haven't completed my second round of running the single player campaign from the start, but my guess would be that you get close to 100 cars for free just by playing the single player side of the game. After that, you just have to buy the legendary cars, which could be paid for by TT winnings, CE winnings, Mission winnings, etc. You dont have to grind (in the sense we are speaking about) to pay for these cars.

So, even though Kaz would love everyone to collect as many cars as possible, that's because it would keep people playing the game endlessly. Of course he would want that. What cars you collect and how many of them you do is completely up to you.

As far as I've seen, most folks aren't asking for an easier go of it but rather payouts and an economy that make more sense. Fore example, one that doesn't lead people to grinding 1 or 2 races over and over again for the most gain. ....again, something Kaz says he wants to avoid.

As I mentioned earlier, payouts that made more sense in how they are calculated for the existing races would most definitely contribute to more player engagement IMO as it would provide much more variety and encourage folks to replay events, spend more time with other tracks, in other cars, etc. This would extend also into the Custom Races where folks already create their own experiences sometimes trying to replicate real life series. I know if they had a more consistent and linear payout model based on difficulty settings, PP, length of race and so on, I would spend a heck of a lot more time in Custom than I do now.
They could do this, but the same bitching will happen soon after just as it does now. PD makes the change so everything pays better. Okay, but now I want to own 20 of every 20 Million credit car and I still have to grind and grind to pay for them. The car collecting is still happening but the goal posts have now moved for what I want to collect and the issue is still present.
PD took a big step forward IMO with the big update as Custom races actually paid well (many of mine were well over 200k). Still there was a sharp drop off creating a point of diminishing returns after a certain length of the race but it was still better than it was. Unfortunately, they took a step back with the last update or "fix" they made to the game. Payouts decreased in Custom although they are still higher than they were before the big update. ....although I found a way around that "fix" to get more money.
Well, the change was certainly welcomed by those who like to do custom races, but those of us who don't do custom races didn't see any changes to "the grind". The rotating "big payout" races idea I proposed makes certain races special for a period of time, lets you play these tracks with a myriad of different cars, gets you to learn these tracks more and more because you will play them a lot in the 1 month that they pay higher rates, and keeps things feeling fresh by having special races being updated every month. If everything just pays more all the time it will get boring like we currently have in the game.

Last edited:
The rotating "big payout" races idea I proposed makes certain races special for a period of time, lets you play these tracks with a myriad of different cars, gets you to learn these tracks more and more because you will play them a lot in the 1 month that they pay higher rates, and keeps things feeling fresh by having special races being updated every month. If everything just pays more all the time it will get boring like we currently have in the game.
This is a brilliant idea. Much better than mine :lol:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we reach a similar point in GT5 or GT6? The game was stagnant, the economy was flawed, there were a handful of $20mil cars on top of 1000+ other cars to collect, the story mode was relatively insignificant, and most cars were trinkets because they weren't utilized in races. Then PD added those weekly "seasonal events" with pretty good payouts that forced you to use different cars on different tracks.

This is somewhat a variation of Tommy_D's rotating race idea, but if I was optimistic about PD solving the grinding problem, that is the blueprint I would hope for.
Make the weekly challenge events into "jackpot" events with elevated payouts. Even better if they're new events, but making the recycled 10k FR 450 Challenge event into a 100k payout would go a long way to improving the game's replayability.

If you don't want to ruin the economy for new players, then make the payout based on your collector level - another mechanism they've already added to the game.

This should be a no-brainer solution because it wouldn't rely on PD to create new events or game mechanisms. Yes, I know it feels easy to dump 50 new races into the game (because of how easily we can create custom races), but it still takes PD resources to create and implement new events.
The best part? This should still support the business goals of player engagement metrics and all that nonsense. Trust me, I'd love a GT4-style progression as much as everyone else. But times have changed and video games aren't built that way anymore.

Other thoughts, in no particular order:
1) No matter what PD does, the whiners will still crawl out of the woodwork. I saw people complaining about the holiday rewards. FREE TICKETS with FREE REWARDS for doing nothing other than opening up the game! I guess the complaint was that the holiday rewards weren't 7-star car tickets that aware one of the $20 million cars at random.

2) The car tickets were a nice addition in the last update that improved multiple modes of the game. They help reduce the grind of collecting cars, for those who are into that. And if you're one of those players that hates those dumb immersion-breaking interior-less VGT cars and you get one from the ticket - it's still a ~$500k payout that can go toward whatever else you want to spend credits on.

Last edited:
What is the plot? What is the conflict? What's the resolution?
There’s this guy called Luca who knows a lot about cars and he sets you on a task of collecting as many cars as you can by winning all these races so you can bring them to his cafe and he and his friends can talk at you about them.

Then there all these rival drivers who would rather they win than you trying to stop you.

The resolution is winning all the races, and hearing all of Luca and friend’s stories about all the cars you bring them.

THE END

There’s this guy called Luca who knows a lot about cars and he sets you on a task of collecting as many cars as you can by winning all these races so you can bring them to his cafe and he and his friends can talk at you about them.

Then there all these rival drivers who would rather they win than you trying to stop you.

The resolution is winning all the races, and hearing all of Luca and friend’s stories about all the cars you bring them.

THE END
So the resolution of the story is to hear the exposition? This a Tarantino game?

Last edited:
Well, the change was certainly welcomed by those who like to do custom races, but those of us who don't do custom races didn't see any changes to "the grind".
There still isn't a change to "the grind". While I may be able to get a little over 200k out of a 30 minute race I create, it still pales in comparison to the ~800k of Sarthe. ....as I mentioned, it still has a lot of room for improvement.

The rotating "big payout" races idea I proposed makes certain races special for a period of time, lets you play these tracks with a myriad of different cars, gets you to learn these tracks more and more because you will play them a lot in the 1 month that they pay higher rates, and keeps things feeling fresh by having special races being updated every month. If everything just pays more all the time it will get boring like we currently have in the game.
There is no reason you can't still have an improved economy / payouts that make more sense than they currently do as well as things like your "rotating big payout" idea.

I'm not necessarily saying everything should automatically start paying more, just that the payouts should be based on variables that makes sense vs. the current method which seems so random and whimsical. Make my time seem well spent regardless of what track, challenges, missions, etc. I choose. Even if that means nerfing the couple of high paying "grind" scenarios.

It makes no sense that I can get 500k or a 30 minutes race (WTC700) and (just as an example) only 500k for an hour long Gr3 race in the Human Comedy which is a "4 chili" race. That is the inconsistency in the payouts I'm talking about which I feel should be more standardized based on certain factors like length, distance, PP and even the Race difficulty option (IMO). In Custom, more of the options should have an effect on payouts because as it stands, changing things like Slipstream Strength, Tire Wear Rate, Fuel Consumption, Weather, Time of Day, Penalties, etc. have zero effect on Prize Credits.

Again, all factors that should come into play (IMO) when deciding the payouts for most of the game. .....vs. seemingly random decisions on what those should be.

I actually like the idea of special "big payout" events like you describe but in addition to an across-the-board change in the payout system, not in lieu of. I play GT7 because I like spending time racing various cars on these tracks and I want the rewards to feel fair regardless of what I choose to race any given day. ....and an economy that issues Prize Credits based on set standards would go a long way to encouraging folks to revisit a lot of the Championships, Events, Missions, etc.

That's the way I see it anyhow.

As long as there are cars to be bought, I doubt it'll change.
I'm just glad some of the big payouts aren't a 9 hours at Tsukuba. Or 172 laps at Suzuka, in a GT500. No save.

For me, it just depends what I want to do at any time. If I want to build a series, I'll buy one car. Do a One Make test. If I feel it's worth to keep going, I'll build a field.
Also, depends how expensive the cars are. If they're cheap, I'll grind anyway. Usually, two million will build me a cheap grid.

For me it would make very little difference. I have just recently completed the car collection 100%. Yay!
Then two days after, I decided that I wanted to do a full F1 grid. So buying lots (another 16 in my case) of F1 cars at 1million each and downloading liveries. Then I'll want to do a F1 60's grid, so buying 19 more Honda RA272s. Then I'll want to do......

There's even people grinding for grids full of the 20mil credit cars.

It's the same reason that Billionaires still go to work.

There are people that will grind, the same as there are players that have never grinded (ground? :) ) and just enjoy other aspects of the game. Unfortunately, the internet in general has the minority of people that complain, not the majority that simply enjoy.

So far, my replay of GT7 on my new account is going well. I have only needed to purchase the Mazda Demio at the beginning of the game with the 20k credits that they give you at the start, so that only cost me 12.5k. I used that car (bone stock) for the first few menu books then needed to switch to another car because I needed something from Europe, so I switched to the Mini I won in some of these early menu books. Did some weight reduction and put on some SS tires and ran that one for a bunch of menu books and championships until I needed a Japanese car to keep moving on.

Grabbed the ITR I won in the menu books, did some weight reduction and stickier tires and dominated. Needed an American car so I grabbed the Camaro I won in the menu books. Did some weight reduction, stickier SS tires and a fully manual transmission (needed higher top speeds for the oval race to win). This car has taken me through a lot of menu books and is actually a fun car to drive in these early races.

I needed a Japanese FR car, so I grabbed the Nissan S13 I won in my other races, did some weight reduction and SS tires and won every race and championship I could with it. I then needed a 4wd car for the next series, so I took the R32 GT-R out (also won this) and dominated. Gave it weight reduction and SS tires (anyone seeing a pattern here?) and took on several race series and championships that are for 600pp cars despite this only being rated at 529pp. On hard difficulty (which is how I do every race) it would sometimes take a few tries to win the races but they were always competitive races and rather fun.

So, is there an economy problem with the game so far? No, none at all. I’m about 20 menu books in and I’ve only had to purchase the Mazda Demio. I’ve won 30+ cars so far, I’ve only had to spend ~60-70k on tuning of my other cars to win these races and I have almost 1M credits in the bank (the daily login credit prizes have helped that number but aren’t making any real difference in gameplay.)

My plan is to keep playing this account until I hit collector level 50 which will take more than the main single player campaign. I would like to do it without needing to grind at all. It will likely require golding all the licenses, playing the missions, and needing to do some circuit experiences to earn the credits to buy the cars. But that’s all just part of the different game play that GT7 offers. I don’t consider any of that to be grinding.

Last edited:
So far, my replay of GT7 on my new account is going well. I have only needed to purchase the Mazda Demio at the beginning of the game with the 20k credits that they give you at the start, so that only cost me 12.5k. I used that car (bone stock) for the first few menu books then needed to switch to another can because I needed something from Europe, so I switched to the Mini I won in some of these early menu books. Did some weight reduction and put on some SS tires and ran that one for a bunch of menu books and championships until I needed a Japanese car to keep moving on.

Grabbed the ITR I won in the menu books, did some weight reduction and stickier tires and dominated. Needed an American car so I grabbed the Camaro I won in the menu books. Did some weight reduction, stickier SS tires and a fully manual transmission (needed higher top speeds for the oval race to win). This car has taken me through a lot of menu books and is actually a fun car to drive in these early races.

I needed a Japanese FR car, so I grabbed the Nissan S13 I won in my other races, did some weight reduction and SS tires and won every race and championship I could with it. I then needed a 4wd car for the next series, so I took the R32 GT-R out (also won this) and dominated. Gave it weight reduction and SS tires (anyone seeing a pattern here?) and took on several race series and championships that are for 600pp cars despite this only being rated at 529pp. On hard difficulty (which is how I do every race) it would sometimes take a few tries to win the races but they were always competitive races and rather fun.

So, is there an economy problem with the game so far? No, none at all. I’m about 20 menu books in and I’ve only had to purchase the Mazda Demio. I’ve won 30+ cars so far, I’ve only had to spend ~60-70k on tuning of my other cars to win these races and I have almost 1M credits in the bank (the daily login credit prizes have helped that number but aren’t making any real difference in gameplay.)

My plan is to keep playing this account until I hit collector level 50 which will take more than the main single player campaign. I would like to do it without needing to grind at all. It will likely require golding all the licenses, playing the missions, and needing to do some circuit experiences to earn the credits to buy the cars. But that’s all just part of the different game play that GT7 offers. I don’t consider any of that to be grinding.
Yeah, these were my thoughts too. There’s only an ‘economy problem’ for doing the full on car collecting, which (in my opinion) is only meant as a tertiary objective for the truly dedicated/long term players.

I actually think it’s great that if i’m still playing this game in 3 or 4 years there’ll still be a few cars that I haven’t tried yet. That’s much more preferable to me than everything being available from the get go for free or cheap.

I can see them increasing the prices of most legendary cars as time goes on, to relfect the "realism" of inflation. So like we saw some cars be bumped up a couple of million, that'l likely happen again at some point. So best bet is to grind now and get all your must-have cars now. Who knows if better grinding races will come along, but it's better to avoid playing the waiting game on that.

Okay, I’ve played way too much GT7 today. I completed the GT-R menu book and have opened the WTC700 championship. I’m just about done with the original single player portion of the game. I did have to buy the Toyota Tundra to do the Ford menu book but if I would have had a luckier draw of the cards I could have won the Raptor and not needed to purchase a second car. So now I’ve bought 2 cars in total. I have 69 cars in my garage and over 4 million in the bank. I think I’m at collector level 18 or 19.

Pretty much every race has been won with cars that are 50-70pp less than the recommended pp rating with some races even being won with cars (R32 GT-R) that are 100-150pp under the recommended rating. I’ve really only done tires and weight reduction on the cars I’ve used, however, I did install the transmission in the old Camaro as mentioned earlier and I did install a fully custom computer and full aero to the GT-R so I had enough speed to keep up with the AMG Black at St. Croix. But no suspension work was needed to anything. No big turbos. No fully built cars. Everything was kept as minimal as possible.

My thoughts on the single player menu book thing is this it’s just a very extended tutorial on how to drive different cars in the game, how to experience the different tracks, how to experience different lighting on the track and how to deal with rain. So basically a tutorial. They could have made it more, but it’s not like the racing would have been any different. Still racing the same cars on the same tracks. Win a race, get a trophy. Make it a championship? Okay, but that’s really nothing more than grouping together various tracks and assigning points to your final position at the race end. They have those in the current tutorial (single player) side of the game. They never would have put out something like a GTA5 situation where you would street race or have to do a getaway from the cops. That’s just not what this game series has ever been.

Anyway, I’m off to bed. It’s been fun trying these races again and doing it on as meager of a budget as possible.

They never would have put out something like a GTA5 situation where you would street race or have to do a getaway from the cops.
Did anyone asked for that kind of stuff ?

How much time did it took you to finish menu book ? (I assume you did not do the extras)

Based on your budget play through, there seems to be a discrepancy between the functioning of the economy in the early stage of the game and once the menu books have been completed. If would be a different story if there was a ‘66-‘67 Le Mans menu book with difficulty at Maggiorre mission level difficulty.

Implement GT Sophy on more tracks and increase the payouts for them to a minimum of 100,000. Ta-dah, grinding gone. To make it even more enjoyable, include qualifying and grid start options.

This is my hope for all career races in the next installment.

Last edited:
Did anyone asked for that kind of stuff ?

How much time did it took you to finish menu book ? (I assume you did not do the extras)
Not sure if anyone has asked for something like that, specifically, but many people complain about the single player side having no story line. They don’t offer a suggestion for a plot other than saying, “make it like GT4”. I never played GT4 so I have no clue what they are talking about. I assume you race, need to get licenses, race more, win cars, upgrade your car, race more, win championships, etc.

It’s taken me probably 10-15 hours to get where I am. No extra menu books done, no extra races done, no extra missions done. I did, however, want to win every race so I re-ran several of them so I could get faster with the car and not just throw a ton of credits on modifying my car to be more powerful and completely blow past the pp suggestions. I also wanted to gold all the license tests they required so that took just a bit more time than what would be required. This wasn’t a speed run replaying of the game.

It's sad that a car such as the F1, which has so many possible variations, is held back by such a poor gaming decision! I would love to be able to use these variations to race against in custom races, but the game economy keeps that from happening.

It's sad that a car such as the F1, which has so many possible variations, is held back by such a poor gaming decision! I would love to be able to use these variations to race against in custom races, but the game economy keeps that from happening.
I agree is so bad.:lol:😆
Gran Turismo® 7_202312231136504.png
Gran Turismo® 7_202312231136501.png
Gran Turismo® 7_20231224083909.png

Last edited:
So I finished the single player game. I still look at it as an extended tutorial, but I digress. Plenty of things to still do in the game, though. In the end I am at Collector level 26, I have 78 cars in my garage (I have only purchased 2), I have spent 74.5k credits buying cars, 38k on customization, 826k on tuning my cars, and I have earned 7.3M credits playing. The weekly races are available, the big money grind races are available, all the missions are available, selling my cars is available. I haven’t unlocked engine swaps or Ultimate tuning parts but everything else seems to be here.

Overall, the economy was no issue. I mean there are glaring issues with the cost of your car when you sell it vs what you pay for it, especially for something like a ‘17 GT-R only paying you 28k when the real world value would put value this car at 4x the price. In the end, adjusting this wont really make a big difference to your overall bank/credit account.

So I’ve got lots of cars (relatively speaking), lots of credits (relatively speaking), and lots of things to do in the game that really don’t involve car collecting. Sure collecting cars will now open up some locked extra menus (which are coincidentally focused on car collection…) but I’m not seeing my bank account as a limiting factor in my progression of the rest of the game. Tons of stuff to do and I can do it with the cars I currently have and with any new cars I win.

Last edited:
So I finished the single player game. I still look at it as an extended tutorial, but I digress. Plenty of things to still do in the game, though. In the end I am at Collector level 26, I have 78 cars in my garage (I have only purchased 2), I have spent 74.5k credits buying cars, 38k on customization, 826k on tuning my cars, and I have earned 7.3M credits playing. The weekly races are available, the big money grind races are available, all the missions are available, selling my cars is available. I haven’t unlocked engine swaps or Ultimate tuning parts but everything else seems to be here.

Overall, the economy was no issue. I mean there are glaring issues with the cost of your car when you sell it vs what you pay for it, especially for something like a ‘17 GT-R only paying you 28k when the real world value would put value this car at 4x the price. In the end, adjusting this wont really make a big difference to your overall bank/credit account.

So I’ve got lots of cars (relatively speaking), lots of credits (relatively speaking), and lots of things to do in the game that really don’t involve car collecting. Sure collecting cars will now open up some locked extra menus (which are coincidentally focused on car collection…) but I’m not seeing my bank account as a limiting factor in my progression of the rest of the game. Tons of stuff to do and I can do it with the cars I currently have and with any new cars I win.
For those who haven't read @Tommy_D 's portions of this thread, I recommend you do so.

TL;DR version: The economy is only an issue if you want to collect every single thing and/or you want every 20 Million Credit car in the game in a hurry.

The single player campaign does have a beginning (getting your first car) and an end (when you get the ending movie) with everything required to get that ending as the middle. Tons of "side quests" exist; you can "farm/grind" for credits if you choose.

But to state the economy is poor in Gran Turismo 7 is akin (in my view) as complaining "I can only get a small yacht for $900k . . . I want a BIG yacht that costs $17M but it'll take too long to flip over massive amounts of real estate to raise that capital!"

The fact the complaint centers around how long it takes to buy a $20M credit car rather than I cannot afford to buy something more than a Prius after playing for two months should say something.

Sorry, woke up grumpy this morning.

She rolled over and went back to sleep, but my mood is still ruined.

/rant

TL;DR version: The economy is only an issue if you want to collect every single thing and/or you want every 20 Million Credit car in the game in a hurry.
If you want to buy any car above 3M the economy is already a pain in the ass in my opinion.

If you want to buy everything it is of course worse, but the economy is an issue a long way before reaching this extreme point.

If you want to buy any car above 3M the economy is already a pain in the ass in my opinion.

If you want to buy everything it is of course worse, but the economy is an issue a long way before reaching this extreme point.
This right here is the point of my rant.

If all, most or even nearly half of the cars cost 3M then I can see the point. But:

a) those cars are not numerous.
b) those cars are not required to be purchased to complete the game.

If the barrier were 300k credits, I could see the position as more valid . . . but 3M credits is a yacht too far to be something other than a "Billionaires Problem" for me.

But in the end we should respect each other's opinion, and that begins with myself.

I accept that's your view and while I strongly disagree with it . . . doesn't make it any less valid than mine.

Latest Posts

Back