If they were to ‘solve’ grinding in the next update…

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
… I’m not saying I’m expecting for this to happen, it’s purely hypothetical. But if the devs were to suddenly solve the grinding issues; let’s say by giving virtually every track in the game a 500k to 1m credit race, and maybe a 2m+ event on Nurburgring (10 laps or something)

Would it make people happy, or really resentful that they’ve just spent the last 2 years grinding when it could’ve been like this from the beginning?

The simplest way to eliminate the exhaustion out of grinding is to change 4 top paying races every month. Its been Sardegna, Tokyo, Le Mans and Spa since the inception of the game. Have that rotate around the game so every month people get new tracks/races to grind out. Simple enough.

Having already acquired all cars in the game, and multiples of many, I would be happy if they fixed it. It would give a little bit of hope that GT8 economy won’t be such a ********. On the other hand it could indicate this will be there plan moving forward…give a really bad economy at first then ease up on it later in the games life.

Either way I wouldn’t be unhappy because for me the grind wasn’t really a grind. I knew right away it would require “grinding” so I made sure to use plenty of different cars and go through the rotation of the “big 3” while dropping in some random other higher payout races like Spa 1hr as I went along.
The only real grinding I did was with the Tomahawk at Tokyo before they nerfed it. I did get a bit tired of that, but made so much Cr. doing it that it was worth it.

They're more likely to nerf the Grindy 4 to the PD-preferred 900,000 Cr./hour max that the races based on the late stages of the Menu Book pay out, and also kill the current custom/PP exploit.

I wouldn't be upset if they had high paying races at every track. Personally I don't mind doing LeMans and Sardegna. I have quite few cars I use for both and LeMans is one of my favorite tracks and don't mind racing there. Also I won't spend more than a hour and a half for credit grinding so I don't get burned out like that

I would be happy if they simply used a reward system that was consistent throughout. Something based on PP, length of the race, difficulty setting, etc. etc. This could be applied across the entire game including tracks, events, quick races, custom races and so on.

As it is, their payouts seem whimsical vs. based on a set of factors that affect the reward amounts evenly across all races.

… I’m not saying I’m expecting for this to happen, it’s purely hypothetical. But if the devs were to suddenly solve the grinding issues; let’s say by giving virtually every track in the game a 500k to 1m credit race, and maybe a 2m+ event on Nurburgring (10 laps or something)

Would it make people happy, or really resentful that they’ve just spent the last 2 years grinding when it could’ve been like this from the beginning?

Would be a positive. Yes, some may feel agrieved somewhat, but to me that's thr persons problem, perhaps sign of immaturity.

If you get resentful over something like that, God knows how theyd cope with that stuff in real life, if taking it to its logical conclusion... imo.

Last edited:
There are plenty of non-grinding ways to earn credits. The time trials and new weekly challenges help. I worry that those who are grinding to get every single car in the game must have some kind of OCD.

There are plenty of non-grinding ways to earn credits. The time trials and new weekly challenges help. I worry that those who are grinding to get every single car in the game must have some kind of OCD.
Time trials is an extremely slow way to earn credits, even if you are capable of golding each one fast.

Weekly challenges is worse.

CE is limited to 50M and it is the same problem with TTs, not everyone is capable of achieving gold in a reasonnable amount of time.

I am 200% in agreement with @Kean_1 on the matter, rewards should be consistent all across the board and correlated to the difficulty of the event. Not a handful of events that are a little more generous (those which everybody is grinding outside of glitches).

And the buying and selling of cars should obey to the same rules. Why a legendary car should lose 60% of its value from the second it is in your garage and not at LCD anymore ? Why a used car costs 3 times the price you can sell it ? Same for parts and so on.

It is always one way only, if it benefits the economy, it is expensive, if it benefits the player, it's cheap. Why such a double standard, more so when you toot everywhere that prices are realistic and established with the help of a real classic cars insurance company ?

Last edited:
The simplest way to eliminate the exhaustion out of grinding is to change 4 top paying races every month. Its been Sardegna, Tokyo, Le Mans and Spa since the inception of the game. Have that rotate around the game so every month people get new tracks/races to grind out. Simple enough.
Could be a good idea. But people will complain.
Either way I wouldn’t be unhappy because for me the grind wasn’t really a grind. I knew right away it would require “grinding” so I made sure to use plenty of different cars and go through the rotation of the “big 3” while dropping in some random other higher payout races like Spa 1hr as I went along.
This is how I feel. I play the game to enjoy everything there. I feel a poll coming on . . .
You can't get rid of grinding.

No matter what change you make, someone will try to go in and optimize a credit-making method.
You have hit the nail on the head with this here. No matter what is done, someone's going to "grind" and complain about said "grinding." I'm not saying the mentality is the entire problem, but it is a huge factor.

There are never enough credits for these players.
B80
Would be a positive. Yes, some may feel agrieved somewhat, but to me that's thr persons problem, perhaps sign of immaturity.

If you get resentful over something like that, God knows how theyd cope with that stuff in real life, if taking it to its logical conclusion... imo.
This right here.

I strongly suspect the majority of players with the above-mentioned mindset would not stand a chance against games like Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Venture and the like because the game continues to get more and more difficult as you continue.

The key thing is there's nothing to unlock in these games other than a new level to play and a skill to develop.

I'm old; not going to try dodging that one. Part of that plays into my approach to this "grinding" thing players (mostly younger than me) tend to mention. I play a game to enjoy the experience. To have the thrill of improvement. When one player compares the experience in Gran Turismo 7 to Gran Turismo 4, that may be most of that player's experience. Mine goes back to "Driver" on the Commodore Pet. I don't have to go that far; Accolade Presents: Test Drive on the Commodore 64 is something I played for hours (5 1/4 floppy FTW!) I played that game for hours at a time because it was the closest I could get to driving these cars.

That joy continues with Gran Turismo 7 which is why I don't see this as a grind.

Others (I suspect) want everything unlocked/owned/available to drive as soon as possible so they "grind" for credits to this effect.

And that's their choice.

I just think it's a shame. Because by definition, I'm having more fun.

"Grinders" could too. Stop "grinding" and just enjoy the game. The credits will come eventually.

Granted that's just my opinion.

You have hit the nail on the head with this here. No matter what is done, someone's going to "grind" and complain about said "grinding." I'm not saying the mentality is the entire problem, but it is a huge factor.

There are never enough credits for these players.
The fact that some alien would grind even if PD showers us with credits is irrelevant to the issue. As is the fact that a few people enjoy the actual economy. There has been enough topics here and a big debacle at game launch to know there was and still is an issue for the vast majority of players.
"Grinders" could too. Stop "grinding" and just enjoy the game. The credits will come eventually.
Most players can not simply play a reasonnable amount of time, without targetting specific "grind" events AND get enough credits, it has been stated over and over. The fact that you enjoy the game as it is does not erase the issue.

And no reason to put that on the age of players or their patience, nor even try to shame them. You have no idea about the age of the grinders.

No reason either to speak about entitlement of those "damn millenials who want everything now and effortlessly".

Baby Boomers Internet GIF

The fact that some alien would grind even if PD showers us with credits is irrelevant to the issue. As is the fact that a few people enjoy the actual economy. There has been enough topics here and a big debacle at game launch to know there was and still is an issue for the vast majority of players.
It's entirely relevant to the issue. Just because one (or more) people are on one side of the issue rather than the other does not make them irrelevant to the issue.

Just because I don't agree with your take below (for example) does not make your view/post irrelevant.
Most players can not simply play a reasonnable amount of time, without targetting specific "grind" events AND get enough credits, it has been stated over and over. The fact that you enjoy the game as it is does not erase the issue.
What is the goal of this "grinding?" I'll have to include that in the poll I'm working on.
And no reason to put that on the age of players or their patience, nor even try to shame them. You have no idea about the age of the grinders.
While I don't agree with the characterization of my point above, clearly it came across this way to you. However based on my being (significantly) older than the "average gamer" (35 in most polls making me old enough to be said gamer's parent married in church IYKYK) I thought it was a reasonable statement.

Patience on the other hand? You did state above that most players cannot play a "reasonable amount of time" to get enough credits, where I state the credits come eventually. That's almost a textbook example of patience.

No reason either to speak about entitlement of those "damn millenials who want everything now and effortlessly".
LOL I liked this one!

But in seriousness, this is a trend that has been increasing over the years. It's been coupled with game design based on player trends/demands.
This is an accurate picture of me (I'm on the right)

Last edited:
It's entirely relevant to the issue. Just because one (or more) people are on one side of the issue rather than the other does not make them irrelevant to the issue.
Except that a handful on one side versus thousands on the other side is not equivalent.
What is the goal of this "grinding?" I'll have to include that in the poll I'm working on.
I guess most people want to be able to buy the cars they want, and be able to modify them, tune them and so on, without it taking months or being forced to grind the "lucrative" events to speed up the process.
However based on my being (significantly) older than the "average gamer" (35 in most polls making me old enough to be said gamer's parent married in church IYKYK) I thought it was a reasonable statement.
35 is young on this forum I think.
Patience on the other hand? You did state above that most players cannot play a "reasonable amount of time" to get enough credits, where I state the credits come eventually. That's almost a textbook example of patience.
Given your age, you might be more inclined to understand that some players want to enjoy some aspects of GT7 before their death 😅
But in seriousness, this is a trend that has been increasing over the years. It's been coupled with game design based on player trends/demands.
Sure but I am confident that most people complaining about the game economy (of which a good chunk have played multiple instances of GT) don't ask for everything now without braking a sweat.
This is an accurate picture of me (I'm on the right)
Who said you were on the left ? That's me !

Last edited:
I started a new PSN account last night and am replaying the single player side of the game to see if there truly is an economy issue. So far, I've made it through the first 5 or 6 menus and I've only had to buy a Mazda Demio (12.5k credits) and tune up my Mini to 360pp (another ~10k credits). I've got ~250k in the bank from roulette tickets and race winnings, so I'm off to a good start and don't feel like I am strapped for cash while playing. I'm guessing I could beat the whole single player side of the game without having to buy another car. I'll just win the cars I need from playing and use those to beat the single player side of the game.

The economy problem comes with the players who want to buy every car. I know this because I was one of those people. I remember grinding away at Tokyo night after night to earn enough credits to buy the 20M credit cars. Then I learned about the auto-grind at Daytona 6 months back and earned 300k/25 min race. Did that in the morning and a few times every night. Eventually I bought every car in the game. Turns out you don't even need those cars to beat the game. Most of them aren't even that good. They are just a cool looking skin for you to move around the track in.

If you want to do Sport races, you don't even need to buy the cars. The game supplies them to you for free. So, if you really only need to buy 1 or 2 cars to win the single player mode and the game gives you cars to do the online stuff, where is the economy problem with the game?

The economy problem comes with the players who want to buy every any car above a few M credits.
There, fixed it for you. 😅

What if you want to make a custom race with liveries of your own, to recreate some real championship ?
What if you like hyper cars and want to test drive them ?
What if you like old gems and want to test drive them ?
What if you like tuning ?

Obviously many players have issues with the economy, that does not prevent others to enjoy the game as it is. And conversely, the fact that you can enjoy the game despite its poor economy does not erase the issue. It is a non issue for you, cool ! But apparently it is an issue for many.

I started a new PSN account last night and am replaying the single player side of the game to see if there truly is an economy issue. So far, I've made it through the first 5 or 6 menus and I've only had to buy a Mazda Demio (12.5k credits) and tune up my Mini to 360pp (another ~10k credits). I've got ~250k in the bank from roulette tickets and race winnings, so I'm off to a good start and don't feel like I am strapped for cash while playing. I'm guessing I could beat the whole single player side of the game without having to buy another car. I'll just win the cars I need from playing and use those to beat the single player side of the game.

The economy problem comes with the players who want to buy every car. I know this because I was one of those people. I remember grinding away at Tokyo night after night to earn enough credits to buy the 20M credit cars. Then I learned about the auto-grind at Daytona 6 months back and earned 300k/25 min race. Did that in the morning and a few times every night. Eventually I bought every car in the game. Turns out you don't even need those cars to beat the game. Most of them aren't even that good. They are just a cool looking skin for you to move around the track in.

If you want to do Sport races, you don't even need to buy the cars. The game supplies them to you for free. So, if you really only need to buy 1 or 2 cars to win the single player mode and the game gives you cars to do the online stuff, where is the economy problem with the game?
Exactly.

I own one 20m car, and that is because it is probably my all time favourite car ever, and I painted it up with my own livery. The other cars that I want or need are either affordable without grinding, or don't add anything to my gaming experience.

Last edited:
There, fixed it for you. 😅

What if you want to make a custom race with liveries of your own, to recreate some real championship ?
What if you like hyper cars and want to test drive them ?
What if you like old gems and want to test drive them ?
What if you like tuning ?

Obviously many players have issues with the economy, that does not prevent others to enjoy the game as it is. And conversely, the fact that you can enjoy the game despite its poor economy does not erase the issue. It is a non issue for you, cool ! But apparently it is an issue for many.
Making Custom Races is not required to beat the game. Buying a bunch of hypercars to drive around is not required to beat the game. Test driving a bunch of old cars is not required for beating the game.

These are things you can do with what PD offers to players in the game, but these are not things that are required to "beat the game". I could understand people complaining about the economy if the game required you to earn 20M credits to buy the Shelby Daytona Coupe to compete in a historic race to beat the single player side, especially if they did not open up the big 4 payout races to you at that time. That would be cruel of them to do that. But as far as I recall, that is not the case.

The fact that you want to buy 20 of the same car so you can run 20 different liveries on them to make a custom race is completely on you, not PD. PD allows you to do that, but again it is not integral to beating the game. Much like owning every weapon, every outfit and every piece of kit in a game like Call of Duty. You can do that if you want. The game allows for it, but it's not required to beat the game. If you want to do that and it requires you to grind and grind and grind for credits, or even pay real money with microtransactions, that's entirely the players decision and not required by developers to beat the game.

Last edited:
Making Custom Races is not required to beat the game. Buying a bunch of hypercars to drive around is not required to beat the game. Test driving a bunch of old cars is not required for beating the game.
What's your obsession with beating the game ? That may be your goal but that is not an universal goal.

To each player his way to enjoy the game. But if thousands are complaining about the economy, maybe there is something wrong, even if some players don't see an issue.

What's your obsession with beating the game ? That may be your goal but that is not an universal goal.

To each player his way to enjoy the game. But if thousands are complaining about the economy, maybe there is something wrong, even if some players don't see an issue.
It's not my obsession, it's just how games are made. Since the beginning of video game design, there is a beginning and an end to the game. Look at any Arcade game. Look at any Sega, Nintendo, Atari game. There's a beginning and an end. That's what the designers build for the player to play. Now, we have obviously evolved over time to have more "open world" types of games but there is always a main storyline or "game" for the player to play. It has a beginning and an end. That storyline in the case of GT7 is the main single player campaign. To my recollection (and I'm replaying the single player game all over again to check this), there is no economy issue in beating the single player game.

Now, after that single player game is over, PD has more stuff you can do as an "open world" experience but there is no set of rules in how you play it. You can do a 20 car race all with the same car and that car can be as cheap as a 12.5k Mazda Demio, or as expensive as a 20M credit Shelby Daytona Coupe. Its entirely up to you. But it's not PD's responsibility to make sure that you can do everything you want and make it as easy as possible. They simply can not come up with every single scenario every person would want to try and accommodate for them. Their job was to create a somewhat "open world" game with a single player side and an online side. They have done that and have made it relatively accessible to everyone without too much hard work needing to be put into it.

Again, if you want to run (20) 20M credit cars around a track because you think it would be cool, that's great! PD allows you to do that. But PD didn't design the game with the intent of making this a requirement to beat the game. This is something you decided to do because the game allows for it.

@Tommy_D
Are you seriously suggesting PD intended people to buy GT7 just to go through and finish the cafe menus? As if collecting all the cars in the game isn’t also just as big a focus in the game? Not to mention Kaz literally wants players to experience all of these cars he puts into GT games because he knows its impossible for 99.99% of the players to do in real life.
Why even include all of the Sport mode and online multiplayer stuff and leaderboards then? All that work assuming nobody wants to or should use it? There is far more to the game than just completing the cafe menus, and it’s not “just stuff you can do” most of it is literally part of playing and “beating” the game, if you want to call it that. This is all also completely ignoring the trophies for the game which most people consider getting (or at least trying) is also a significant part of completing the game.

You’re just fixated on the part you choose to do and assume that’s the only reason for anyone else to play the game, or that’s the only reason it was made.
Sorry dude, but you’ve got an extreme case of tunnel vision here and apparently are willing to die on that hill you built yourself, but you’re quite possibly the only one with the perspective of the game that you have.

It's not my obsession, it's just how games are made.
Tell that to people who enjoy making liveries, scapes, online racing, time trials and other activities on GT7 that do not go anywhere close to "beating the game". And many of them will never try to beat the game either.

A game is made to be enjoyed. And to each player his way of enjoying it, may it be by beating the game or not.

For my part I'll never do a custom race with twenty 20M cars, because I am not interested in that, was just an example of why some players would buy lots of expensive cars.

And before grinding AFK, even buying one 20M car was too much for me, even if I would love to drive it (like the McLaren F1) in GT7, I've waited 2 years to buy it, don't tell me I am not patient 😅

Now that I've found a way to earn credits without even grinding manually, I can buy any car I want (it still takes days) and only do things in the game that are fun or engaging.
I don't view doing Tokyo 600 or Sardegna 800 dozens of time as fun or engaging, yet before the AFK grind, it was the only option to get some decent amount of credits to allow me getting a broader experience of the game content.

@Tommy_D
Are you seriously suggesting PD intended people to buy GT7 just to go through and finish the cafe menus? As if collecting all the cars in the game isn’t also just as big a focus in the game? Not to mention Kaz literally wants players to experience all of these cars he puts into GT games because he knows its impossible for 99.99% of the players to do in real life.
Why even include all of the Sport mode and online multiplayer stuff and leaderboards then? All that work assuming nobody wants to or should use it? There is far more to the game than just completing the cafe menus, and it’s not “just stuff you can do” most of it is literally part of playing and “beating” the game, if you want to call it that. This is all also completely ignoring the trophies for the game which most people consider getting (or at least trying) is also a significant part of completing the game.

You’re just fixated on the part you choose to do and assume that’s the only reason for anyone else to play the game, or that’s the only reason it was made.
Sorry dude, but you’ve got an extreme case of tunnel vision here and apparently are willing to die on that hill you built yourself, but you’re quite possibly the only one with the perspective of the game that you have.

I have already played the entire game, own every car, every paint chip, every wheel, received every trophy, golded every license test, etc. on my other account, so I am WELL aware of all the things that are possible in this game. Did it take a long time to do it all? Yes, it took a long time and a lot of grinding to do all this. Did I need to do this to fully experience the game? Nope. It was all on me because it was something I wanted to do. If everything were so simple to do, or to get, it likely would not feel like any sort of accomplishment. The game would feel like a boring, watered down version of itself.

But again, all these extra things are part of the "open world" of GT7 but are not required to "beat the game". Its more stuff to do. I don't have "tunnel vision" when it comes to this game. I just believe it is not the responsibility of PD to make accommodations to every single player to make it as easy as possible to do whatever they want in the game.

They aren't making it impossible to beat the single player part of the game. They don't make it that hard to get in to the Sport/online side of the game. They give you the tools to do a lot of open world stuff relatively easily but sadly people want to make the open world play as hard as possible and blame the developers for their struggles. You don't have to buy (20) 20 Million credit cars to run a custom race against them. You just need to buy 1. "Oh, but the liveries are all the same." Well, if you want all different liveries, that's on you. Take responsibility for your wants and needs. You want to buy every car in the game? Cool. Fortunately, PD lets you do that but you have to take responsibility for that want and get to work on earning credits. It's not an easy task and not everyone can/will do it.

Tell that to people who enjoy making liveries, scapes, online racing, time trials and other activities on GT7 that do not go anywhere close to "beating the game". And many of them will never try to beat the game either.
What is there to tell them? You dont have to grind to do any of the thigs you described.

A game is made to be enjoyed. And to each player his way of enjoying it, may it be by beating the game or not.

For my part I'll never do a custom race with twenty 20M cars, because I am not interested in that, was just an example of why some players would buy lots of expensive cars.

And before grinding AFK, even buying one 20M car was too much for me, even if I would love to drive it (like the McLaren F1) in GT7, I've waited 2 years to buy it, don't tell me I am not patient 😅

Now that I've found a way to earn credits without even grinding manually, I can buy any car I want (it still takes days) and only do things in the game that are fun or engaging.
I don't view doing Tokyo 600 or Sardegna 800 dozens of time as fun or engaging, yet before the AFK grind, it was the only option to get some decent amount of credits to allow me getting a broader experience of the game content.

I grinded Tokyo over and over and over again with probably 100 different cars. There are maybe 5-10 really great ones, 20-40 okay ones and 50+ that are not fun but they still win. The McLaren F1 falls in the camp of "not fun" in my book.

Last edited:
What is there to tell them? You dont have to grind to do any of the thigs you described.
My point is that "beating the game" is not the sole way of enjoying this game. Not speaking of grind here, replying to your "it's just how games are made".

Regarding the fact that you don't appreciate the McLaren, again, not everybody enjoys the game the way you do. I have lots of memories with this car from previous GT hence the reason I wanted it.

If they did it but made every race 900pp instead of 800pp I would have no complaints as while Gr.2 is finally being utilized it's still not enough IMO.

Back