If wheel support isn't added for the PS4 will you buy GT7?

• Thread starter eatyourdog
  • 168 comments

Will you buy GT7?

• Only if support is added for my wheel

Votes: 105 52.8%
  • I will be buying a new wheel

Votes: 21 10.6%
  • I will buy it either way

Votes: 73 36.7%

• Total voters
No G27 => No PS4 => No GT7. Simple as that.
The same applies for G25 and DFGT, how many people here are using these wheels?
If you force someone not only to buy a new console but also to change his wheel chances are he keep is wheel and buy a gaming pc instead.
Sony should always remember that lots of people play Gran Turismo because a PS3 + GT6 + using the wheel they already own is still a cheaper combo than a dadicated gaming pc.
But if you start asking 400 € for a PS4 and 500 € for a steering wheel things are going to change.

Ehh... better in what way? These wonderful boutique guys are showing a bit more reliability issues than the traditional Logitechs. I'd snap up a Thrustmaster, but the number of grouch reports and e-purchasing model are giving me pause on that, until someone starts offering them locally. I think I'll just wait on the G29 and trust a peripheral maker using proven tech.
There were huge threads on defective G27's in the Hardware Forum and plenty of anecdotal reports of problems with DFGT's as well. I had problems with both of mine, returning one G27 for a defective optical sensor, and taking apart and re-engineering the brake pedal on my DFGT after 18 months. Logitech is not without issues.

T500 at Best Buy $533

In Canada you can also buy the T300 at both Costco and Best Buy.

If you force someone not only to buy a new console but also to change his wheel chances are he keep is wheel and buy a gaming pc instead.
Sony should always remember that lots of people play Gran Turismo because a PS3 + GT6 + using the wheel they already own is still a cheaper combo than a dadicated gaming pc.
But if you start asking 400 € for a PS4 and 500 € for a steering wheel things are going to change.
Exactly. It was this dilemma that led me to consider pc gaming for the first time in my life.

So have the G29s finally hit and begun play on the PS4? And still no support for other Logitech wheels? I thought once Logitech had PS4 support for one wheel the others would follow.

Forgive me I haven't been keeping up with the news, but this is really, really sad.

I've had a PS4 for about a year, and now I think I'm going to sell it because I can't stomach the idea of paying $400 for a new wheel that looks the same as my old one. It's not that I can't afford it, I make plenty of money, but it just feels like such a ripoff that I can't do it out of principle.

Even sadder than the G27 is that the Driving Force GT was the official Gran Turismo wheel, developed by polyphony digital with input by kaz himself. Sorry guys, your official GT wheel can't be used to play GT anymore, despite the hardware being 100%.

I was a DFGT wheel user for GT6

Expecting it not to be supported, I've bought a G29 now, while they're on sale.

The DFGT cost me $150, for 3 years worth of game play, I feel I've gotten my monies worth.

The G29 is so much nicer anyway. It's definitely worth the upgrade.

I was a DFGT wheel user for GT6

Expecting it not to be supported, I've bought a G29 now, while they're on sale.

The DFGT cost me $150, for 3 years worth of game play, I feel I've gotten my monies worth.

Basically the same as me, except I bought a TM T300RS. The DFGT was good, but nowhere near as good as the T300 is.
The thing I find strange is the amount of people who will adamantly stick to their old wheel even if it means they won't be able to use it on current gen consoles ? The chances of a wheel manufacturer allowing the use of their older, no longer produced gear on a new game / console is getting slimmer and slimmer when they are trying to sell a newer, compatible one. Basic business sense really. And if the game developers want to include a certain older gen wheel for their new title, they'd have to pay a licence fee to them for the drivers.
I'll never understand the thought process of not buying a game just because your XYZ wheel from 2006 isn't compatible ?

Basically the same as me, except I bought a TM T300RS. The DFGT was good, but nowhere near as good as the T300 is.
The thing I find strange is the amount of people who will adamantly stick to their old wheel even if it means they won't be able to use it on current gen consoles ? The chances of a wheel manufacturer allowing the use of their older, no longer produced gear on a new game / console is getting slimmer and slimmer when they are trying to sell a newer, compatible one. Basic business sense really. And if the game developers want to include a certain older gen wheel for their new title, they'd have to pay a licence fee to them for the drivers.
I'll never understand the thought process of not buying a game just because your XYZ wheel from 2006 isn't compatible ?

Because a lot of those old wheels work perfectly well, and people don't like being forced to buy new equipment just because Thrustmaster/Logitech/whoever wants to make more money.

There's nothing wrong with a DFGT, it's a perfectly capable wheel and offers outstanding performance for the price. I've got a Fanatec CSR with Elite pedals, and I'll be damned if I'm spending more money when it performs really very well. Especially with it's load cell brake.

Sony/MS/wheel manufacturers can do what they like with the situation, but there's a whole bunch of people that simply won't fork out the extra money to buy more equipment. They'll just move to PC where they can run their gear until it breaks, and buy more when they want to instead of when someone else dictates it.

In the UK the T150 is £115 which isn't much more than the DFGT was, about £90 - £100. Surprising they're so much more expensive in Aus.

Ah.

Yeah, Australia gets the arse of the world tax. Almost everything costs twice as much as it should. The few things that don't are horrendously popular, because they're essentially underpriced by our standards.

Back