If you could add one ground breaking feature for Gran Turismo 5, what would it be?

• Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 98 comments
Every track that a race series car races on. Then race series on them.

So F1 Ferrari would result in all F1 tracks. Nascar's would result in all NASCAR tracks.

When racing online, i would like the ability to 'like' a rivals car. That car wouldn't then be available for you to race personaly, instead it would appear within the A-spec races and arcade mode as genuine competition, carrying over that persons tuning set-up, colour scheme and any aero mods'. Not only would the races look more interesting but it would actualy make it a race, rather than just blasting past the opposition within half a lap out of 5!

First they gotta fix the plethora of problems it's already got. That would be ground-breaking; oh wait, other games already did that.

I would like to be able to manipulate the HUD.

It would be nice to have, in options, an ability re-size, move, color, add transparency to the HUD objects. In addition, it would be nice to see different "widgets" which can be added or removed to supplement the driving experience.

A modular HUD seems practical in the year of 2011.

It's sound because if the HUD was made with an overlaying grid you could make widgets or add-ons which can snap

I think your on to something here. 👍

For me I would like to implement fully customizable music/sound controls.

-ability to pause, skip, fast-forward
-ability to customize in-game sound effects, custom victory songs, record your own horn sounds, etc. With this type of option the possibilities are endless.

Lets face it, GT5 custom music feature is broken. It doesn't play randomly, and you can't even skip tracks. For the amount of time people invest in playing this game, how these issues were overlooked is beyond me.

GfxJG
I have multiple ideas that I would to see, but ground breaking...

How about Design-a-Car? You could have a selection of parts (front lips, base chassis, hoods, wheels, spoilers, aero, etc.), and a selection of different engines and gearboxes etc from different manufacturers.

It's far out, but you did say ground-breaking =P

Agree

I'd like to see an official online PD cup of Sony cup run and administered by PD and Sony with cash prizes. Similar to iRacing and the nVidia cup etc.

Also, along the lines of iRacing a player safety rating would be good, with rooms hosted for players above a certain safety rating so you know that even if people aren't that slow or fast, you know they won't just ram you off.

Last edited:
Id like to see a feature that would let you test drive a car from the dealerships. How many times have you bought a car only to be let down by its performance?

First they gotta fix the plethora of problems it's already got.

^^ This

A good place to start would be to sort out the tyre wear so softs wear out faster than hards or make increased downforce have a knock on effect on top speed or fix the front/rear ride height settings.

An option for player 2 to join an A spec race with player 1 (non championships and non endurance). Definately a livery editor for all cars that can use jpegs from the xmb as stickers etc. More tuning options like fuel mixture and ignition advance/retarding, boost levels, compression ratios etc and cam grinding (these options could be chosen when refreshing an engine like make it faster but wears out faster).

Well, i think it needs a legitament drag race track.. And all the bugs that are left to be fixed... More standards turned premium

Power ups. Gran Turismo needs power ups.

For example, you are racing online on Daytona. You can't keep up with the Veyron in front of you. What do you do?

Drive over a special tile and shoot the given missiles at the cheap bastard. It will make GT more exciting.

I'd like to be able to race aginst my B-spec guys, and have them be able to learn from my lines and so on if I beat them. Some of my style would ideally start to become visible in their driving. The idea of having A.I.'s that you've trained 'out there' racing while you do other things is awesome.

Also, I race with assists except for ABS turned off, so it's easy for me to say this, but the idea of having traction control or ASC on a '68 Cobra, for instance, annoys me. I'd like to see an 'Electronics' section in the tuning shop, and cars can only can have the assists if you've installed the electronics. So, if a car has traction control as standard fair enough, but if not, and you want it, then you have to buy it. Seems fair to me.

But then I remain convinced that the players who play with assists on etc would have a much better time if they turned them off and learned how to playb the game properly. It's pretty much universally agreed tht GT5s main area of excellence is the handling sim - therefore why not engage with it fully, rather than filter it though half-arsed, unrealistic assists?

Power ups. Gran Turismo needs power ups.

For example, you are racing online on Daytona. You can't keep up with the Veyron in front of you. What do you do?

Drive over a special tile and shoot the given missiles at the cheap bastard. It will make GT more exciting.

Or you could buy Wipeout.

Alot of good ideas already..

One thing I'd like to see that's new for GT5 is personal garages - fully custom.

For example.

I race in 3 different race series and have my own things I like to do offline. This requires cars for each purpose.

I now got over 1600 cars, only 100 can be in your favourites - yes this is alot, but it still doesn't help a huge amount as one race series I'm in has 2 classes of cars and I have over 20 cars for each class. The other race series has 26 available cars to choose from, which leaves not alot for any new race series, favoutires etc etc

I'd like the 'tabs' / 'labels' / names in your garage - whatever you want to call them (Standard / Premium / Favourites) to be able to customize these like you do with folders on your PC for pictures, music etc etc.

It would be unlimited too, you could have as many as you want or need and it would be the same for online as offline. Then a simple option to 'move' a car from one folder / tab to another.

You could then sort your cars out into whatever groups or ways YOU wanted, it would make things so much easier.

Also, as it's a garage, be able to do simple things that you can do in a garage in real life i.e. change oil or even better (although this is a bit far fetched for real life) engine and chassis rebuilds too.

I don't think a full parts shop would be applicable - although it would be nice, matter of opinion I guess....

Sample the real sounds of the cars and add them to the game.

They already did that in GT3, I remember having a Making Of GT3 video that came on DVD with a PS3 magazine I bought, it showed PD recording engine noise using a mic with the cars hood open.

👍

It's amazing how many people are confusing an improvement to the game against a ground breaking new feature that no other games have yet to ever see. :dunce:

Hi all, This is my first post.

Instead of a home screen have a large garage (Jay Leno style) with all of your favourates parked there, I think it would be great to be able to line up your cars and look at them without having to load them one at a time.
The garage could be part of an industrial estate with all the car dealerships and gt auto (could become seperate wheels and body shops) and tuning shops etc. You could then have a generic entrance to a track and once there you see the menu for the various events and races.
I think a free roaming city mode would detract from the ethos of GT but this type of race town idea would work well.
it would also be good to have access to your friends garages so that could drive thier cars too.

Back