if you have dfp and mc2, you should consider doing this

• Thread starter GarouGT
  • 52 comments
Canada
Canada
Well since some people are using the DFP + MC2 method, i suppose i should edit this post and make it neater atleast.

Driving Force Pro + Mad Catz 2 Wheel
The whole purpose of this is to have a clutch pedal and proper location of transmission (can also set as hand brake). I've only tested this method in Enthusia, so i have no clue if this will work w/ other racing games that has a clutch button.

1. Plug the Driving Force Pro in USB connection 1

2. Plug the Mad Catz 2 Wheel in Controller Port 1

3. Place your wheels and pedals like in the image below

DFPMC2.JPG

Setting Clutch:
1. Press Prog on the MC2 wheel
2. Step on the MC2's Gas pedal
3. Press Left Paddle Shifter behind the MC2 wheel

Setting TM:
1. Press Prog on the MC2 wheel
2. Shift the MC2's TM forward
3. Press O:L on the MC2 wheel
4. Press Prog on the MC2 wheel
5. Shift the MC2's TM backward
6. Press O:R on the MC2 wheel

Setting Hand Brake:
Use the same settings as TM above, but instead press the Right Paddle Shifter behind the MC2. OR You can use the Right Paddle Shifter AS the Hand Brake itself, and use the TM seperately.

PS: i drew the image at Paint, incase anyone asks <_< >_>

orubasarot
This sounds really awesome, though I wish an actual company would notice the market for this and develop a hand brake and clutch accessory.
Somebody already has developed one with a clutch, however, they do not make it anymore, and the quality didn't seem to great.

KurtG
So is the clutch button assigned to the mc pedal analog like a real clutch, or just on/off?

yep, its like a real clutch but its kinda optional, so i guess its only purpose is for heel toe and other stuff like clutch kick.

Well, if its analog like a real clutch, then it would be usefull for controlling the amount of throttle going to the engine, especially during starts from a stand still.

KurtG
Well, if its analog like a real clutch, then it would be usefull for controlling the amount of throttle going to the engine, especially during starts from a stand still.

forgot to mention them, my bad :ill:. anyways, has someone tried this yet?

orubasarot
This sounds really awesome, though I wish an actual company would notice the market for this and develop a hand brake and clutch accessory.

Frex makes both along with an H-pattern shifter. Although the clutch and H-pattern only work on the PC. But the handbrake works with PS2 and I want one soooooooooo bad. Setting the e-brake as L2 (downshift on the stick) improves my e-brake technique by leaps and bounds.
www.frex.com/gp

Also, I really want to try this clutch pedal technique now.

Garou,

I've been reading some of your posts concerning the use of the MC2 as a clutch with the DFP. Have you tried this with Toca 2 by any chance?? I have a DFP and tried using a regular controller to see if the game recognized both inputs (the DFP through USB and the controller). It did not work.. It would seem that when you boot the game and are asked to press start, which ever device you use to press start becomes the only one recognized by the game.

Maybe there,s another way of bypassing that with the MC2. What do you think?

Thanks for reading!
Phil
Toca online handle: Philster-Speed

Philsterspeed
Garou,

I've been reading some of your posts concerning the use of the MC2 as a clutch with the DFP. Have you tried this with Toca 2 by any chance?? I have a DFP and tried using a regular controller to see if the game recognized both inputs (the DFP through USB and the controller). It did not work.. It would seem that when you boot the game and are asked to press start, which ever device you use to press start becomes the only one recognized by the game.

Maybe there,s another way of bypassing that with the MC2. What do you think?

Thanks for reading!
Phil
Toca online handle: Philster-Speed

In toca 2 it's different. That game only recognize the controller port or the USB port. Have you never noticed that you can't use the controller in the menu when the wheel is plugued?

Btw Hi! I didn't though you had an account in GTP too!

TOCA 2 is, indeed, a pretty good game, but it isn't realistic at all.

Ya can't beat the variety, though... :drool:

I got an MC2 and now I am so tempted to get the DFP.... does this work in any games besides enthusia? I am saddened to hear it doesn't work in Toca... hopefully in the new Toca...

Devedander
I got an MC2 and now I am so tempted to get the DFP.... does this work in any games besides enthusia? I am saddened to hear it doesn't work in Toca... hopefully in the new Toca...

i only tried it on enthusia, so im not sure if it works in other racing games futuring a clutch. :D

Devedander

The DFP work in TOCA Racedriver 2. I was the unbeatable guy in the convertible tour online! :P

Thanks GarouGT for the tip. I just got Enthusia(20bucks) and tried this little trick and it works great. I feel like showing all my friends now. :lol:

this trick works in many pc games as well. like Live For Speed.
I am more interested in enthusia now after hearing it has support for a clutch pedal in this way :)

i know this is a stupid question.....but i have to ask.....ok well, i have both the DFP and the mc2 and i was trying to set it up, but i can't seem to figure out which button would be the gas pedal.
or should i just set one of the MC2's pedals as the gas and then have the left pedal of the DFP be the clutch and the right one be the brake?

blargonator
i know this is a stupid question.....but i have to ask.....ok well, i have both the DFP and the mc2 and i was trying to set it up, but i can't seem to figure out which button would be the gas pedal.
or should i just set one of the MC2's pedals as the gas and then have the left pedal of the DFP be the clutch and the right one be the brake?

dont change the setting for the dfp. just set the mc2's gas pedal as clutch then place it beside the dfp's brake.

blargonator
i just don't remember what button the gas pedal acts as.

i dont get your question. the gas and break pedal are the dfp's. while the mc2's Gas pedal is clutch. the mc2's break pedal doesn't need to be set.

ok, i am leaving the DFP alone, and then i would change the controls for the regular controller, the only thing i would change is the clutch, what button would i set it to?
sorry for all the stupid questions <8- P

Ya know.

I don't have a MC2, but I do have an extra controller.

It occurs to me that setting the controller up where I can at least hit the largest available button (R2 or L2) with my toe would at the very least let me practice heel-toeing, clutch kick, and just in general appreciate the game more.

So I did it, did my first run down Dragon Range, clutchkicking, clutching before shifting, and using the gearshift, and I must say, this game just gets better and better.

I was so geeked out I was explaining to my girlfriend, her reply: "you're cute."

blargonator
ok, i am leaving the DFP alone, and then i would change the controls for the regular controller, the only thing i would change is the clutch, what button would i set it to?
sorry for all the stupid questions <8- P

just hit the remap button and set whatever you have the clutch as as the gas pedal. Like if it's right paddle: hit remap, then the gas pedal, then the right paddle to asign that control to the gas pedal.

Set the gas pedal next to the DFP brake pedal and now you have a clutch pedal.

I believe the MC2 Gas pedal is the X button, btw.

ahh! thanks for reminding me of that :dopey: I completely forgot about that, i have not used the MC2 in many moons......not since the DFP joined the family :)

How do you get clutch without buying another wheel? I don't know if Onikaze's way works because I don't know how to setup the controller.

I strapped the controller to a weight.

like a dumbell.

I braced the Dumbell on the little dumbells I have set up to keep the pedals on my DFP from sliding at all.

Angle the controller so the bottom left side is facing you, leaving the nice big L2 button available.

De-map the L1 button, so if you hit it, nothing happens.

I use my toe right now.

When I find something good, I'll set up a piece of wood or metal to depress the button when I push it down some.

Works great, I find it feels weird to drive without using the slap shifter and the clutch now.

Back