if you have dfp and mc2, you should consider doing this

• Thread starter GarouGT
  • 52 comments
When I shift, I KICK the clutch, and I mean KICKING! Thanks for your methods but it doesn't work for my violent shifting habitt...

COOL!! I'm getting Enthu for sure now!

How about the R3 or the L3 button by the way?

Just map one as the clutch and demap the other one... then put a light wood panel or something on top of them?

animateria
COOL!! I'm getting Enthu for sure now!

How about the R3 or the L3 button by the way?

Just map one as the clutch and demap the other one... then put a light wood panel or something on top of them?

dont mind the R3 and L3. yeah just map one as clutch (the gas pedal), as for the other pedal, dont do anything. the mc2 pedals and transmission wont work unless you program them to.

I'm confused about this. If "its like a real clutch" and not just "on/off", shouldn't assigning the 'X' button on the DS2 (which is pressure sensitive/analogue) produce an analogue clutch too? But it doesn't. It's just on/off. But anyway, what about Enthusia itself, what button assignments do you make there?

Jimjams
I'm confused about this. If "its like a real clutch" and not just "on/off", shouldn't assigning the 'X' button on the DS2 (which is pressure sensitive/analogue) produce an analogue clutch too? But it doesn't. It's just on/off. But anyway, what about Enthusia itself, what button assignments do you make there?

It's more like a second controller designed for the pedal & shift. Anyway, In this game, you can only rev up with it to provoke the well enough to make nice slide. Though you can't miss a gear unlike Toca Race Driver. I still remember the time when I messed up my starts online. :lol:

(I got kicked from a rooms multiple times by missing my start with the clutch, so the guy behing get his car crash on my butt at the startup)

Jimjams

Oh you mean the button config in Enthusia? nothing, dont change anything.

Mr Deap
It's more like a second controller designed for the pedal & shift. Anyway, In this game, you can only rev up with it to provoke the well enough to make nice slide. Though you can't miss a gear unlike Toca Race Driver. I still remember the time when I messed up my starts online. :lol:

(I got kicked from a rooms multiple times by missing my start with the clutch, so the guy behing get his car crash on my butt at the startup)

I still don't understand TOCA2's clutch system throught your description... Do you have to start-up your car at the line? How do you "screw up"? Could you explain?Thanks!

Very cool thread...

By the way, this works for all wheels/controllers which use the controller ports. I just got another wheel just for this purpose. It came with a separate shift stick and e-brake lever. I did some tweaking too such as cutting off the shift stick unless the clutch pedal is pressed. If you've got some soldering skills, just cut off the negative/ground circuit from the shift buttons, then connect it to the positive pole of the pots on the pedal that you're gonna use as your clutch. 👍

edit: The wheel I used is the Panther lord Race wheel...

You can check out more pics of my set-up at http://geocities.com/missinganace/cockpit

cockpite.jpg

atteiros
Very cool thread...

By the way, this works for all wheels/controllers which use the controller ports. I just got another wheel just for this purpose. It came with a separate shift stick and e-brake lever. I did some tweaking too such as cutting off the shift stick unless the clutch pedal is pressed. If you've got some soldering skills, just cut off the negative/ground circuit from the shift buttons, then connect it to the positive pole of the pots on the pedal that you're gonna use as your clutch. 👍

You can check out more pics of my set-up at http://geocities.com/missinganace/cockpit

cockpite.jpg

That's crazy! :crazy:

I might think of doing this. What do you guys think a reasonable price for a MC2 is these days? Do retail stores even sell this wheel anymore? I know Best Buy doesn't for sure.

BradP
I might think of doing this. What do you guys think a reasonable price for a MC2 is these days? Do retail stores even sell this wheel anymore? I know Best Buy doesn't for sure.

i think ebgames sell mc2s still, for about 40$ (i think). And that method Atteiros, that ISSS CRAZYYY.

So the function of the on/off clutch button is assigned to an mc2 pedal which is a pot. At what point in the pedal movement is it recognized as "on"?

I take it you need to break the gear change circuit at some point and connect the pedal so that the circuit is completed when the clutch is "on"?

Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to the mc2 wheel that are available in the UK? Or has anyone built their own pedal, added a pot, and wired it somehow to a game pad, or joy stick for gear change maybe......Flow of consciousness anyone..? :)

Jimjams
So the function of the on/off clutch button is assigned to an mc2 pedal which is a pot. At what point in the pedal movement is it recognized as "on"?

Enthusia recognizes the clutch input even with a slight press of the pedal. It is still after all not an analog clutch yet. Hope someone gets the clutch pedal right on the next generation racing games. Maybe Logitech can put up an updated DFP with a true analog clutch once the market demands it.

Jimjams
I take it you need to break the gear change circuit at some point and connect the pedal so that the circuit is completed when the clutch is "on"?

Since Enthusia will still shift regardless of wether or not the clutch is pressed, yes, you may need to break the shifters mechanically to get a more realistic clutch. From my set-up, I simply cut off my shifter's negative wire to prevent it from shifting. I then connected the negative wire to the clutch pedal's positive pots to complete the circuit everytime the clutch is pressed. Sorry if it sounds confusing, but I know little regarding electronics, that's the best way I can explain it... :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:

Jimjams
Anyone know of any cheaper alternatives to the mc2 wheel that are available in the UK? Or has anyone built their own pedal, added a pot, and wired it somehow to a game pad, or joy stick for gear change maybe......Flow of consciousness anyone..?

There are lot of alternatives. Most wheels/pedals which connect to the controller port can be used for the clutch pedal. This type of combo works for both GT4 and Enthusia. GT4 though does not have a clutch function, but you can use the shifters as a separate hand-brake so you can avoid the square button on the DFP wheel. You can also use the extra pedal for other functions such as Nos, rear view button, or even a reverse gear button for GT4. Wiring a gamepad was my first set-up. I had separate hand-brakes (from arcade sticks) and clutch pedals (large diameter arcade button). But when I damaged the pad's circuit board trying to add another button for Nos, I eventually gave up and settled for the second wheel combo. Less trouble and more available buttons... :dopey: :dopey:

Too bad this set-up doesn't work for TOCA3... You'll need to tap onto the DFP itself... Or has anyone been able to do this on TOCA3?

Does the MC2 work with a PC? If so, you guys could enjoy Live for Speed with a fully-functional analog clutch...then you'd just have to complete the setup with an ACT-Labs 8-gate shifter. :sly:

Wolfe2x7
Does the MC2 work with a PC? If so, you guys could enjoy Live for Speed with a fully-functional analog clutch...then you'd just have to complete the setup with an ACT-Labs 8-gate shifter. :sly:

Note unless they make some kind of USB adaper for PS2 Controllers/non-usb wheels like MC2.

That would be awesome though. I could use it in NR2k3 season also if that were the case.

All I can say about these fantastic setups is that there are things you can do in your room when you live with your parents that you can't when you live with your wife and kids ... :indiff: :nervous: :grumpy:

can you like use a different wheel that plugs in to the controller port and if u can :embarrassed: What the **** I SHOULDNT OF STUFFED AROUND WITH MY OLD WHEEL AND BROKE IT GOD DAMNIT!!!!!

Oh well

Cptneo
can you like use a different wheel that plugs in to the controller port and if u can :embarrassed: What the **** I SHOULDNT OF STUFFED AROUND WITH MY OLD WHEEL AND BROKE IT GOD DAMNIT!!!!!

Oh well

I'm not sure, probably. I only tested MadCatz2, plus its cheap anyways so get a new one :)

Latest Posts

Back