If you were in control of SE's, what would YOU do?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matty-Hodgson
  • 89 comments
  • 9,129 views
Great thread this and possibly an eye opener to PD

Lets face it the ideas are limitless for new events with the range of cars and tracks.

What i think would work is to give each seasonal race 2 distinctions. When you click to enter the race the game prompts you to choose "seasonal" rules or "a-spec" rules.

On choosing "seasonal" rules the races play out just like seasonals 1-2 with strict, challenging restrictions. Under seasonal rules the race will pay out high xp and credits and once you gold it and garner all xp and credits it will become unavaliable.

On choosing "a-spec" rules the races will play out like a normal a-spec event with credits and xp to match, Restriction could be less strict than "seasonal" rules and the race remains playable for both xp and credit until it closes. a prize car ticket should also be avaliable for golding both distinctions

This way the majority of people are kept happy(hopefully) People looking for a challenge will get it from the seasonal rules, ditto for xp and credit. People looking for variety and more a-spec events are kept happy. People who like prizes are kept happy.

I think this is a system that could keep most people happy and make the seasonal events a plus point for everyone.

Now to let the creative juices flow in coming up with events.

My tuppence worth would be something like "le mans time traveller" 5-10 laps round le mans in either the ferrari p330, ford mark ? or jag xj13, chosen randomly by the computer as not everyone will have one of these cars. You have to beat the current le man cars whilst contending with circuit de la sarthe in its various guises....ie the race will include daylight, dusk, dawn, light rain and heavy rain

its crazy i know but what a challenge!!!!!

Keep up the good ideas guys.
 
I'd like to see co-op seasonal events, where you and a friend form a two-man team, and race for shared XP & CR, against AI controlled two-man teams.
 
I'd bring back some online seasonal races that we had on GT5P where it matches people up to either one make or heavily restricted regs to keep things fair.

Have high credit and exp heavily restricted races like before

And a few of the ones they have now, but again keep them restricted to one type of car.

I guess just a mix of all we have had so far really.
 
I'd like to see them bring back the restrictions that were on the first few seasonal events, that way it was somewhat of a challenge chasing down the lead car.
 
2. 'Hunt The Rabbit' race on Nurburgring where there will be only one opponent - a white Mazda Furai which gets a headstart; and a few traffic cars (like in the AMG special event). You'll have to beat the Furai with a relatively heavier supercar like the Murci or Italia.
I like this idea!! 👍
 
I would have a rally event, more F1 events, and maybe a two to four hour Le Mans or Daytona event.
 
Me personally, I have not read all this topic so if somebody suggested this then sorry.

I would have basically, no restrictions on the events to start with but would add a difficulty modifier. Say the higher the difficulty is set then maybe some kind of restrictions could come into play and so on, the better you get the better rewards you get. If you are rubbish you get rubbish rewards, while I didn't mind the easy money & XP from the last couple of events I do miss the early ones with more of a challenge, at least in those ones you earned what you got.
 
I like the variety of the current events and wouldn't change too much.

I would only introduce the new events after the last batch has expired (Just like why happened with SE7).

I would have two classes...restricted and non. In restricted class there would be standing starts with qualifying to determine starting position. Non-restricted would be just as things are now...rolling starts and you have to catch the pack.
 
David vs Goliath Seasonal Race

We are forced to drive a car that starts under 300hp but are allowed to fully tune it.

Against stock super cars in the 500-700hp range.
 
I would want a diverse yet challenging event no matter what it is.

Also, a series event might be nice.

One make/model races would be nice too.
 
I would make the new SE permanent. Why would it end in 1 month ? i mean, its not like you can do it only once.
 
Most important thing, I wouldn't delete them after two weeks.
 
Most important thing, I wouldn't delete them after two weeks.

that would be great, after a few months there would be a good range of extra races
 
Ok, I'll try this

All races replayable.

Event #1

Car - VW V GTI 05 - Stock from dealer with comfort softs. Oil change is ok, as with all of these challenges because it would be impossible to enforce.

Race 1 - Autumn Ring Full - 5 laps, rolling start vs 11 other GTIs.
Payout - $25000 (about the price of the car) 10,000 xp. (an amount that the level 10s will appreciate yet still a fun race for the others.

Race 2 - Madrid full - 5 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp

Race 3 - Top Gear Test Track - 5 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp




Event #2

Car - Any NSX except race modified, 300hp cap. Sport soft tires or less. 1200kg or more weight restriction.

Race 1 - Tsukuba - 8 laps, rolling start, 11 other equally powered NSXs.
Payout - $50,000 - 24,000xp

Race 2 - Fuji - 8 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp

Race 3 - Suzuka - 8 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp




Event #3

Car - Ruf battle :dopey: Any Ruf (except the 4wd CTR2) with a 475hp cap. Racing hards or less.

Race 1 - Grand Valley - 10 laps, rolling start vs. 11 other equally powered Rufs. Payout - $100,000 - 60,000 xp

Race 2 - Deep Forest - 10 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp

Race 3 - Trail Mountain - 10 laps, same start, cars, payout, and xp




Special Event race - Suzuki GSXR/4 - Stock, no tuning, Stock tires, no mods at all.

Cape Ring Full - 5 laps, rolling start, 11 other GSXR/4s.

$30,000 - 20,000xp




Time Trail - Nurburgring Nordschleife

Car - Stock Mercedes SL 65 AMG (R230) '04 with sport hards or less.

$5000 and 5000xp for your 1st clean lap time posted and for every clean lap time posted that is better than your previous best.




Drift Trial, I don't drift so I'd let someone that did chose the event here.

I'd have fun with this. What do you think?
 
oh, I forgot. Make many of these cars available in the on-line UCD for the same time period the events run.
 
I would put more restrictions on the races like sports hard tires, hp limits, stuff like that. Then I would make the credit and xp payout be based on how long you are in first place. If it took you to the final lap last turn to take first, you get less credits and xp than if you took first on the second lap, even with all of the restrictions applied to the race. Also I would detract xp and credits for every time you bumped a car or went off the track. You want the max xp and credits you got to earn it. I would also make the events replayable with the same payouts time after time.
 
I would love to see a "clone race". the 11 other car would be the exact copy of your current car, settings, tires, everything.
 
I'd set the races to something like they used to be. Big payouts, no restrictions. The money in this game is ridiculous, and big payout seasonal races should be a staple of this game so that customers actually have a chance to fully use the product they have payed for.

Then on the time trials. Is anyone else as tired of low powered grocery getters on the ridiculous drift, err I mean comfort tires on seemingly the same rotation of tracks week after week (Tsukuba, Cape Ring, Trial Mountain). So I would do something like Super GT 500's on soft race tires on LeMans and maybe unlimited American cars on race softs at Indy, since that is a combination that everyone has loads of practice on.
 
Last edited:
I would love to see 5 races, eg Suzaka, Nurburgring, Laguna Seca, High Speed Ring and Grand Valley, with just a seletion of Touring Cars or DTM cars. In one championship, of 10 laps, qualifying and positional points. It would be close racing and fun
 
Also more RM races. The same RM car in each race over 5 laps, all cars and a standing start, after a 3 lap qualifying session. Bonus money and xp for the fastest qualifying lap!!
 
I would love to see a "clone race". the 11 other car would be the exact copy of your current car, settings, tires, everything.

cool idea.

i'd like to see some more variety with cars and events. maybe some races on snow or dirt.
 
1. Some of the races should only be open to 1 exact type of car. (Forces you to diversify your garage and driving experience.)

2. Tire restrictions (similar to B spec) and would like if they would announce what tires your competitors are using.

3. One race per set that is extremely challenging, extreme restrictions, and super high XP payout (but only the first time you achieve that place). This race should have an extremely diverse field, so that even horrible drivers can finish 9th and decent drivers can finish like 5th.

4. One money race per week for the people who hate playing the game and just want $$$
 
Seasonal events 1 and 2 had just the right amount of challenge. These newer events are just boring, season 7 in particular.
 
Give the same ammount of xp and credit pr minute for every event, so people who wants to grind could just as well play FF as F1. But keep the current format, with a mix of the older "hunt then down" type of races where you start way back. And then not let them expire. A waste of work for PD not to just make more A-spec races, because then they wouldn't need to add as many as often and it would improve the game a lot more for me at least. Then they could just add two or three races a week and in a very near future we would have 100+ A-spec races.
 
Bring back the old gt4 track that didnt make it into gt5 and of course way more premium car.
 
1. I would keep them the same as the first two...but with the ability to turn off the restrictions. This would allow the casual gamers to have as much fun as the hardcore racer.

2. I believe the payouts should be the same whether you use the restrictions or not.

3. I think the payouts should be lower like the seasonal 7 but that you should be able to redo them over and over and get points and credits for them.

4. I think they should change it up a bit...Why give us a seasonal event with the miata on Tsukuba? We did that for 4 hours. Live dangerously, with things like NASCARs on the Ring...or give us some offroad races. There are so many different trails on Eiger and NONE of them are implemented except for the Loeb Special Event.

5. I would keep them for a bit longer or for good because there are some of them that would keep me busy for a long time if I could still play them and get paid for them.

6. You should win a gift ticket for completing them all or something of that sort. Because there were a couple that I just didn't do because I had no motivation to do them. Like the Shimmiwagon or whatever it is.

7. Maybe just copy some of the Special Missions from GT4. Most were the same kind of concept - start in last and hunt down the leader. Those were fun...except #34.

Sorry for long post, but I think this would please both types of players and there is nothing really over the top in any of my suggestions.
 
I would mix it up a bit and have a wider variation in each release. i.e. still have a bunch of races, but the easy ones don't pay out so much, and the hard ones pay out a bunch. The difference being that they are released at the same time, so each release caters to all skill levels. Additionally, I'd like to see A-spec points (PP) alter the reward so that the harder you make it, the more money you get.

Ideas for individual events:

1 - the 10 minute challenge. Five single lap races through AI (line up changes each entry), and your total time for all 5 races should be under 10 minutes. Fixed car, no mods, comfort hard tyres.

2 - GT4 special missions is a good idea

3 - resurrect some old tracks for some of the races so as to avoid massive Tsukuba and Cape Ring repitition. El capitan, Seattle, Infineon, Grindelwald etc. (appreciate that this would take some work, but it's just a thought). Or they could just generate a new track in the same vein as they tried for GT Academy.

4 - 'Ring challenge - we already have the R35 GTR lap time challenge, but it would be easy to recreate that challenge for other cars e.g. Corvette ZR1 and Zonda R

5 - one of the races each week should be a mini endurance race with a compulsory pit stop of say 30 minutes duration. Maybe for superGT cars or RM cars

6 - Rallycross event for all the rally cars in the game. Mix of gravel and tarmac at Toscana maybe

7 - we've all got a kart now, how about a 4-race kart championship. First three are heats where you start at the front, then the middle, then the back. The net result is your starting position for the final. Would need hard AI to make it worthwhile.

8 - 3 car beat the stig challenge around TGTT

9 - Chamonix ice race. It's an event in real life and the track is in the game. No brainer, but you could force damage on to make it a little more interesting.

10 - Something else that I haven't thought of yet

Some of the above are not well thought out so no doubt others could come up with better, but there is mileage in some of them I'm sure
 
David vs Goliath Seasonal Race

We are forced to drive a car that starts under 300hp but are allowed to fully tune it.

Against stock super cars in the 500-700hp range.

My 683 HP GT-R R33 vs. Mclaren F1? Hell yeah. With one on the SSR7, of course 💡

@topic: GT300
Top Gear "GT5-Player-in-a-reasonably-priced-car" Time Attack challenge - a time attack in a low-cost car like the Yaris or any other car like that

"Wangan Battle" on SSR7 - perfect for tuners to start grinding.

Tesla Roadster drift trial - this electric car seems to be fun to drift.
 
#1 I'd keep the Credit and XP payouts BIG. It's the best counterpoint to all the "grinding" arguments and makes the game a LOT more enjoyable for the casual player.

Then I'd add races that force you to work with certain types of cars, and certain HP limits.

  • Wagons Only
  • Hybrids/Electric Only
  • Sedans Only
  • SUV/Trucks Only
  • "Heavy" cars only
  • I liked races that forced me to buy cars that were out of my norm and work them. We need more of that.
 
I think most people here agree that some sort of sliding scale for the Credits & XP depending on the car / tuning that you use is a great way to go.

I'd like to add control for the speed of the AI drivers to this CR / XP Scale, as well as Mechanical Damage. This could result in something like the "Clean Race" bonus mentioned a few other times.

Finally, I'd like more variety than simply "Last-To-First" challenges. I'd like to see tougher, closer racing, such as the SuperGT, BTCC, DTM or F1 Controlled classes (with improved AI!). Perhaps the PP implementation that is supposedly due on the 18th will help in making these tougher.
 
Back