If you were the first person to step foot on Mars, what would your first words be?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 80 comments
  • 10,828 views
"Where's my car?"
 
🎵 "The chances of anything getting to Mars are a million to one, he said..." 🎶

Dude, this is a hypothetical. Not sure whether there's anyone here who believes Musk.
That line has to be my favourite from the entire Jeff Wayne album. The tripod sounds are bloody creepy.

You’d be surprised how many Musk fanboys litter the webs.
or maybe you wouldn’t.

I give it 5 years* before he’s locked up for grand fraud. He puts Ponzi to shame.

*5 actual years, not Musk years.

Sorry, well off topic, but Musk is certainly an interesting case to discuss.
 
Last edited:
That line has to be my favourite from the entire Jeff Wayne album. The tripod sounds are bloody creepy.
Particularly so in the epilogue, I felt. Ken "Prof" Freeman was the MVP on that project for me. His synth orchestral sounds were also way ahead of their time.
You’d be surprised how many Musk fanboys litter the webs.
or maybe you wouldn’t.
I have a feeling the litter patrol have done a pretty good job here on GTP, or at least as far as the Opinions forum is concerned at any rate. Venture onto the general internet at your own risk :lol:
 
Last edited:
Particularly so in the epilogue, I felt. Ken "Prof" Freeman was the MVP on that project for me. His synth orchestral sounds were also way ahead of their time.
The Thunder Child demise genuinely brings a tear to my eye. It’s so well scripted.
 
"What's this chocolatey mess all over my shoes?"
 
"Alright. So how do we get off this thing?"
 
I'd say “With this next step I take; Humanity will now no longer be subject to the crashes of the waves, the crackles of the clouds, the shakes of the earth, with this next step, we escape the grasp of our cage _ our home, with this next step, we truly earn our spot as a space Faring species, as the conquerors of the stars, as the writers of our future: hear me now the billions of souls whomst see me now and the trillions who will; we are no longer slaves of the earth's will but a slave to our sun and soon, the slave of None”
 
Last edited:
Better yet:
Hey, Mission Control! What the heck is THAT!? AAAAAGGGHH!!!
 
Serious answer: No one would have believed in the last years of the 19th century.

Less serious answer: Hi Matt! (Damon)

Even less serious answer: Yes, I do want fries with that [lets face it, McDonald's are everywhere]
 
"We science'd the 💩 outta this!"
 
:gtpflag:

There is nothing here... Let's head back ...
Give me a KitKat, I need a break
 
"Got no food, no water, and no people around, but still better than Ohio"
 
Oh smegging hell did I cancelled the milk?
 
Back