If you're thinking about buying.....

• Thread starter mx718
  • 45 comments
United States
United States
If you're thinking about buying GT Sport and were a fan of the previous GT games, DON'T! This game is terrible. What were the developers doing all these years? Why change a game so much that was so successful in the past? Do not fix what is not broken!

Campaign mode...Where is the campaign or career mode? The closet thing to career mode has you knocking over cones, drafting the AI to reach a top speed, and doing the same kind of events used for license tests.. What happened to starting from the bottom and winning your way up, modding your car. You use to have to actually race and use in game credit to purchase cars and mod them to move to the next event or level.

Modifications...A one click button to increase horsepower and lower weight and that is it? what ever happened to all the different car parts you could buy? Transmission, clutch, intake, exhaust, turbo, etc.

Online play...After realizing I screwed up by not waiting for reviews I figured I'd try online play, maybe that is where all these things are that I am missing. Nope! Basic and you have to wait 20 minutes to race with a field of 40 cars on a Bristol Motorsports type oval track lol

In game credit and mileage......What was the point of purchasing the deluxe edition with $1,000,000 in game credit? It is pointless. All you can buy is cars that are not even required for most races. Most races they give you a car you have to use and it's not even a race. It's a short time trial or knocking over cones.

I played this game for 1 hour searching for career mode. What a disappointment. Even if someone is into this game you can beat the mission challenges in one day lol. There is honestly nothing else to do in this game. Circuit experience is basically practice.

Am I missing something here?

I guess I'll trade for Project Cars 2. It seems to have a lot better reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was created well before game release. Before anyone knew about the game.
We actually had a good idea of what the game would be. Many of the trailers referenced that this was no longer a game for collecting and solo play but now a game for racing and competition. I am sorry you did not research and do not agree with the direction PD went, but they have made it abundantly clear what their intent was.

We actually had a good idea of what the game would be. Many of the trailers referenced that this was no longer a game for collecting but a game for racing and competition. I am sorry you did not research and do not agree with the direction PD went, but they have made it abundantly clear what their intent was.

I watched all the trailers. I do not want to collect cars. I want to RACE. Not knock cones over and draft the AI to reach a speed for a gold trophy. Other than online play which takes sometime 20 minutes for a race to start, where is there an area to race and compete with the AI? Don't say arcade....

He’s crazy. This is the best Grab Turismo ever. Go buy it now!

LOL...soo good you cant even spell it

Last edited by a moderator:
I created an account to come on here and read what other people had to say. I decided to voice my opinion once I started reading.
Then with all due respect, you can voice your opinion on this thread (as it suits your OP) and not necessarely create a whole new once again with involves whining over multiple aspects of the game.

*Sigh*
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt-sport-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.346264/

There is no need to create another thread for some whining/crying if there already exist one.

Then again the moderators have the final word either it will be shut down and suggested to move to the appropiate thread or be kept active so more can continue to rant about it.

Last edited:
If you're thinking about buying GT Sport and were a fan of the previous GT games, DON'T!
Nah, I'm good thanks.
That was created well before game release. Before anyone knew about the game.
*list of complaints about career mode and tuning*
Am I missing something here?
About the last 18 months of all of the news about GT Sport by the looks of it.

And please stop double-posting. You've done it twice in your four posts so far.

I agree.

I got GT1 when I was in highschool and to this day, the only reason I have a playstation is because of gran turismo. I am an adult and this is the only "video game" I play.

Part of the series that made it fun was not only racing but actually modifying and buying cars. Somewhat of a fantasy world which I am sure most of you agree.

The fantasy of racing in the nurburgring in a car you will probably never own.

Seinfeld-had-enough-walks-out-cinema-theater-13573145087.gif

Once you've tried PC2, especially if using a G29 wheel, you'll be complaining on their forums too. IMHO, PC2 & G29 is the gaming equivalent of IKEA (some-assembly-required) furniture -- after hour and hours of fiddling with FFB settings it's still not natural, just like after hours with a IKEA bookshelf, it's not quite level. It might be fantastic (on other platforms), but I've put it aside for now.

I'm really enjoying GTS and was so appreciative of the free demo/beta that I decided to buy the Limited Edition.

I had many of the same concerns as you, but decided to get the game anyway. It's a huge step up on graphics and sounds, which alone makes it buy-worthy. And don't worry, I'm sure that future updates will add more cars and tracks and functions.

My wife has just given birth. On the child's day of birth it wasn't instantly what I expected. Best swap it for something I have lower expectations for. That's the intelligent action....

1494699618828.gif

Thank you for creating an account to share this information with us. I hope you enjoy Pcars2.

i’ve been playing GT since the first one and not gonna lie, PCars does everything better in almost every aspect except graphics, only reason i bought GT:S was for the livery editor and Sport mode.

You have to be joking. The amount of bugs and as unfinished as PC2 is makes it an (early) early access game.

strictly talking about the racing experience, cars in PCars 2 feel very alive...they sound better than GT:S and they don’t handle like they’re on rails, GT:S is far too forgiving in comparison, only thing GT:S currently does better is FFB.

strictly talking about the racing experience, cars in PCars 2 feel very alive...they sound better than GT:S and they don’t handle like they’re on rails, GT:S is far too forgiving in comparison, only thing GT:S currently does better is FFB.
If lack of control and random snap oversteer for you means lively cars than enjoy the game. Mine is waiting for a patch to hopefully fix this in the end.
The sound samples in PC2 are a joke its like a MP3 played in loops.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since the GT1 on the original PlayStation and I adore this game, it may end up being my favorite in the whole series. Gran Turismo has never felt as good to drive as it does in Sport.

Of course I also enjoy driving in Assetto Corsa, Project Cars (1 & 2), Forza, Automobilista and more. It is a great time to be a racing fan.

Back