If you're thinking about buying.....

• Thread starter mx718
  • 45 comments
If lack of control and random snap oversteer for you means lively cars than enjoy the game. Mine is waiting for a patch to hopefully fix this in the end.
The sound samples in PC2 are a joke its like a MP3 played in loops.

lack of control? it has 1:1 steering. maybe for pad users yes, and snap oversteer hasn’t been an issue for me, maybe it’s the fact that weight transfer and poor throttle control in PCars actually have consequences, in GT you can just hold the wheel at full lock and suffer virtually no oversteer only massive understeer, and as far as sounds go at least PCars has suspension, chassis, gearbox and engine sounds down, PD has improved for sure but they still sound very sterile.

Hahahaha.

Coming to the biggest GT forum and telling everyone to not buy this amazing game. Lets see how that works out for ya bubs
Well i probably would have had the exact same reaction without knowing all the facts about this 'new era of GT'. I like this forum because of honest reviews and not just praising, which is why i wait before purchasing.

Tried demo loved it just for arcade mode alonr. So bought game yesterday no questio. I know why i did it. Because just played for couple hrs tried different cars learned how they handle and hoe to push them to limits.
Its same gt game as for driving cars on track. Its best gt game till now. Its best racing game till now. Best as for car on track and you driving it. Not for modes and stuff. But for me arcade mode is same as gt games before. All i care is to drive cars. Its passion for cars and they handle in this game just amazing.
What you do or not do in different game modes its depends on you really.
Glad you still need to buy cars for money and you can tune them or detune change tires and such. Those things not on assetto corsa or project cars 2. Its on forza sure and much more but forza still more simplier to drive less deepness into cars and how they handle.
This is real GT

Some of these post are really baffling. I've found the game to be very polished in comparison to most of the other racing games that are out and has met my expectations. Ill comfortably put 30 hours + into this, well worth the cost paid.

Yes we have lost a lot of the content of cars and tracks, something that I expect will continue to be developed and expanded, but that was known well before release, the direction of the game was never going to be quantity, it was all about quality competitive racing.

People who expected GT7 were always going to be disappointed and look for issues. Who knows in a few years we may get a GT7 and im sure it will be the same people still complaining about it, probably something like its not polished enough. The fact that the amount of Content and online only is the main gripe for most people goes to show that the gameplay itself is still really good and realistic, that is what is the requirement of a good racing game.

Devs allready said they will give us more cars and tracks and more stuff do offline or in arcade mode. So what more do we need rly?
Yes i found some cars are less detailed and some more but so what? I just forgot about that all when im in cockpit view . for me road cars are only cars i care in this game . still i bought game for full price and i knew what i will get . no doubts or questions here. Thats why no complains.
Just some ppl like to complain about anything.lets them do

Iam getting so tired from these posts.....

Let everybody do what they want i think for them self if they like it or not or if its a GT game or not!

I play this because is LIKE the GT from the past and i do like this GT! Its GT

All the racing games have flaws and things they do good! PC2 is also not perfect AC is not perfect no game is perfect! Buy them all or choose.... all those stupid comperissons, they are diffrent both with goods and bads!

All the racing games have flaws and things they do good! PC2 is also not perfect AC is not perfect no game is perfect! Buy them all or choose.... all those stupid comperissons, they are diffrent both with goods and bads!
And that's not even mentioning that there are dedicated comparison threads. :)

I watched all the trailers. I do not want to collect cars. I want to RACE. Not knock cones over and draft the AI to reach a speed for a gold trophy. Other than online play which takes sometime 20 minutes for a race to start, where is there an area to race and compete with the AI? Don't say arcade....

Arcade, seriously it’s so good. It’s so very very good.

I am absolutely amazed how many People bought the Game without checking the Forums, GT´s Website, other Internet sources or public opinions even once....I´m sorry but how can someone buy the cat in the bag in the year 2017? wow.

Regardless of whether one thinks this game is good or not, this thread is a perfect example of being a smart consumer and knowing your product before you buy. Especially when that product comes from a company with form.

If lack of control and random snap oversteer for you means lively cars than enjoy the game. Mine is waiting for a patch to hopefully fix this in the end.
The sound samples in PC2 are a joke its like a MP3 played in loops.
The exact same thing happens in GTS and without warning. Doesn't matter though if it has GT logo though.

If you're thinking about buying GT Sport and were a fan of the previous GT games, DON'T! This game is terrible. What were the developers doing all these years? Why change a game so much that was so successful in the past? Do not fix what is not broken!

Campaign mode...Where is the campaign or career mode? The closet thing to career mode has you knocking over cones, drafting the AI to reach a top speed, and doing the same kind of events used for license tests.. What happened to starting from the bottom and winning your way up, modding your car. You use to have to actually race and use in game credit to purchase cars and mod them to move to the next event or level.

Modifications...A one click button to increase horsepower and lower weight and that is it? what ever happened to all the different car parts you could buy? Transmission, clutch, intake, exhaust, turbo, etc.

Online play...After realizing I screwed up by not waiting for reviews I figured I'd try online play, maybe that is where all these things are that I am missing. Nope! Basic and you have to wait 20 minutes to race with a field of 40 cars on a Bristol Motorsports type oval track lol

In game credit and mileage......What was the point of purchasing the deluxe edition with $1,000,000 in game credit? It is pointless. All you can buy is cars that are not even required for most races. Most races they give you a car you have to use and it's not even a race. It's a short time trial or knocking over cones.

I played this game for 1 hour searching for career mode. What a disappointment. Even if someone is into this game you can beat the mission challenges in one day lol. There is honestly nothing else to do in this game. Circuit experience is basically practice.

Am I missing something here?

I guess I'll trade for Project Cars 2. It seems to have a lot better reviews.

Your complaints were public knowledge a year ago. You should do some research before you buy. My biggest gripe was having to now have a PS Plus membership just to race with my friends in a private lobby.

Well worth the $40 for me, but not full price atm (lucky that I got the heavily discounted standard edition btw)

Back