IFFC | International Formula Ford Championship | RyanRacer is the Inaugural Driver's Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter NW48
  • 271 comments

What Time Would You Like This To Be On?

• Sunday 10:00am GMT +1 // 4:00am EST // 7:00pm AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday 12:45am GMT +1 // 6:45pm EST // 9:45am AEST

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Australia
Australia
GTP_NW48
Welcome to the inaugural Formula Ford Championship! In this championship, there will be 7 rounds where racers compete to earn championship points to become the inaugural International Formula Ford Champion! Now, onto the specifics!

2007-light-car-company-rocket-gran-turismo-6_100445186_l.jpg

Light Car Company Rocket '07

500PP
115BHP
420kg
Tyres- Racing Hard (They do have quite a bit of grip on the Rockets, Softs are too grippy.)​

Driving Aids
Traction Control (TCS)-
OFF
ABS- OFF
Skid Recovery Force (SRF)- OFF
Active Stability Management (ASM)- OFF
Driving Line- Optional

TCS and ABS are not available on an actual Formula Ford, so they will not be allowed here.

Rules

Just with any series, there are rules enforced. In this series, we will follow a slightly modified and relaxed, OLR, if you haven't already, check it out. If any rules need to be modified, this post will outline all changes made.

Series Officials
Series Founder/Manager: @NW48
Co-Series Manager: @David Talle
Stewards: @NW48, @David Talle,

Tracks
Round 1: Tsukuba Circuit // 3x 16 Laps //

Round 2: Silverstone Circuit (International) // 3x 12 Laps //

Round 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca // 3x 14 Laps //

Round 4: Cote d'Azur // 1x 35 Laps //

Round 5: Willow Springs International Raceway Big Willow // 4x 13 Laps //

Round 6:
Brands Hatch Indy Circuit // TBDx TBD Laps // TBD

Round 7:
Mount Panorama Racing Circuit // TBDx TBD Laps // TBD

*Specific Dates and Times will be determined once the entry list is near full capacity.

Points in both championship will work like so;
1st- 100pts
2nd- 85pts
3rd- 75pts
4th- 70pts
5th- 65pts
6th- 60pts
7th- 55pts
8th- 50pts
9th- 45pts
10th- 40pts
11th- 35pts
12th- 30pts
13th- 25pts
14th- 20pts
15th- 15pts
16th- 10pts
Other- 5pts

Teams

Teams will be allowed in this series as there is a planned Team Championship. Teams of up to 3 are able to be created but the third driver will be unable to score points in order to keep things tight.

Wildcard Entries
Wildcard entries are available to anyone who is unable to fully commit to the series but still can race part-time through out the series whilst earning championship points without full commitment. A limited amount of wildcard entries will be a available to avoid an influx of part-time drivers. Wildcard drivers can dictate when they want to race.

Numbers
Numbers will be in use in this series. Any number between 2-99 are able to be used as #1 is reserved for the series/season champion. The shape must be the Circle with a black outline. In regards of teams, you do not need numbers that are one after another.

Drivers
In order to sign up for this series, you will need to leave your car number, GTP ID, PSN ID and car colour in this format;
PSN ID // GTP ID // # // Colour
I will also need a friend request from everyone as the room is hosted under 'Friends Only'

Keep an eye on this post for more updates as they become available!

I hope you are able to join this fantastic, friendly and fun series and contribute to the benefit of others as we are all here to have an enjoyable experience whilst meeting new people. For more info, start up a convo with me, NW48, and ask away and I'll happily answer all questions!!

Last edited:
Driver List
GTP ID // PSN ID // # of Car // Colour

NW48 // Ninth_wonder48 // #48 // Pike Peak White
2. David_Talle // ElCondensator // #__ // TBA
3. (NO GTP ID) // nurburgringkingk // #__ // Blue
4. WestRoadZ // WestRoadZ // #2 // TBA
5. MAB96 // M_A_B_96 // #78 // Vert Lenz
6. Swiftsmith // Smith1001 // #50 // Blue
7. RyanRacer // ryan428scj // #7 // Red
8. Timlour // Timlour // #31 // GT6 Polarized 031
9. NinjaEvo// NinjitsuEvolved // #76 // African Violet (Purple)

Wildcards
DirtyNurbKing58 // true-blue-8 // #__ // TBA

Last edited:
Team Lists

Team Name // Who's in it

1. Williams-MAB Racing // MAB96, (VACANT)
2. McLaren-Honda Motorsports // NW48, David Talle
3. Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS // nurburgringk, (VACANT)
4. RPO Racing // RyanRacer, WestRoadZ
5. Swift Autosport // swiftsmith, (VACANT)
6. GTORacing // Timlour, NinjaEvo

Last edited:
Points Standings
After Round 5 of 7

Team Championship
1st-
McLaren-Honda Motorsports- 1675pts
2nd- GTORacing- 1630pts
3rd- RPO Racing- 1165pts
4th- Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS- 0pts
5th- Williams-MAB Racing- 0pts
6th- Swift Autosport- 0pts

Drivers' Championship
1st-
RyanRacer- 1165pts
2nd- Timlour- 975pts
3rd- NW48- 910pts
4th- David_Talle- 765pts
5th- NinjaEvo- 655pts​

Season 1 Developments
Race Start: The race start will be a standing start with false start check, this is the best way to do it and also the most realistic.

Drivers: If a driver has deemed that they cannot go on, they should communicate this by typing "Retiring" into text chat. This may be the only time text chat is permitted in the race.

Rain-Drenched Conditions: In the rare instance that the track becomes "too wet", the Head of Race Control can suspend the race for a period of time for a restart. The Head of Race Control will simply type in "Race Suspended" in the text chat. In the case of a red flag (race suspension), all cars must return to pitlane and we will go from there. The most likely circumstance will be a restart with an adjusted weather and slight time adjustment. The laps to go will be the amount of laps left to go in the restarted race, as per usual.

Time Certainty: All rounds will be run with time certainty. All races must be done within the two hours that the room is up for. Failure for that to happen, the race that we are on when we hit 12:00pm AEST will be concluded immediately with positions taken from 1 lap back from when the race was called.

Generic Race Schedule:
9:50am AEST- Room Opens
10:15am AEST- Race 1 Begins
10:27am AEST- Race 1 ends, 5 minute break
10:32am AEST- Race 2 Begins
10:45 AEST- Race 2 ends, 10 minute break
10:55am AEST- Race 3 Begins
12:00pm AEST- Race Meet Must End (Time Certainty)

Rules Extension: Kerbs/Ripplestrips ARE part of the track. Until you put 3 or more wheels off the track, it is not leaving track limits.​

Last edited:
Season 2 Developments
For Season 2, I am considering implementing a Conference System. 2 Conferences, Euro-American (Europe, Africa, America) and Asia-Pacific (Asia and Pacific Countries like Australia). These two conferences will run two different championships with the Top 5 from each conference going into a one-race final to decide the final positions overall (including both conferences).

Last edited:
I may join but it all depends on what night the racing is

but if I do join I will have #15 and colour TBA
Thanks, I'm sure once we get a few more people it will become clear what the time will be. Thanks Ben for joining!!

Hello @NW48. :)

I would like to participate in this series. I used to be a steward in a local Formula Ford club here in Jo'Burg. Plus, I raced in a few rounds. :D

These are my sign up details:
  • PSN ID: M_A_B_96
  • GTP ID: MAB96
  • #: 78
  • Colour: Vert Lenz (Metallic Green)
I look forward to racing you and your friends. :)

Hi NW - like Itz and the boys . . . i'll be in if the time frame settles to something I can do . . . so please pencil me in if you will . . .

#62 - mine will be Arinco Orange

Cheers mate
Phil

LOL! i'm a co founder!.... nope, co MANAGER, i should learn to read.

looks like a pretty healthy initial sign up :), i have a feeling this championship is gonna be blast!! FUN racing in these cars and some pretty damn quick drivers!...

42# for me NW

Welcome all!! :)

Last edited:
Wow... I'm stunned by the response of this series so far!!! I will update the driver list As soon as my laptop is done doing a scan. On the phone so everything is slow.

I'll be able to update the driver list sometime tonight, if not tomorrow. I've updated the title but that's all the phone can do for now!!

Phew! everything is up to date now, also check out the updated specs in the OP and send a friend request to me at Ninth_wonder48 so you are able to race and join our GT6 Community Club, the 'Formula Ford Championship'.,

Couple of questions, what number types and fonts are we using?

And what tyres are we racing with? sports, racing, or comfort?

Also I do suggest that you put some kind of firm dates down for each round. You could just put down the Friday - Sunday dates (eg. 26-28 December) for now and then put the confirmed dates in at a later time, but that way people will be more likely to commit if they know for sure they will be around on those weekends. :)

NW, is there going to be a "control tyre"???

Couple of questions, what number types and fonts are we using?

And what tyres are we racing with? sports, racing, or comfort?

Also I do suggest that you put some kind of firm dates down for each round. You could just put down the Friday - Sunday dates (eg. 26-28 December) for now and then put the confirmed dates in at a later time, but that way people will be more likely to commit if they know for sure they will be around on those weekends. :)
'Bout to put the answers in the OP! OP Updated!

In regards to dates, I plan on having this start somewhere between 11th-15th of December so we can get all the rounds done just after January ends.

Hi NW48 - good luck with the series - great choice of car!

I'm using this car next year in a 1960 Formula 2 Championship (it looks incredibly like the Porsche 718 F2 car) - I tested it at 170bhp with all the tyres and found it had so much grip that I've opted for Comfort Hards - you might find that Race Hards are a bit much for the car at 115bhp.

monoposto.jpg

I'd like to join this. I won't back out of it this time. PSN: ryan428scj Car Color: Red Number: 7
Yep, I'll put you down when I can!

Hi NW48 - good luck with the series - great choice of car!

I'm using this car next year in a 1960 Formula 2 Championship (it looks incredibly like the Porsche 718 F2 car) - I tested it at 170bhp with all the tyres and found it had so much grip that I've opted for Comfort Hards - you might find that Race Hards are a bit much for the car at 115bhp.

monoposto.jpg
Firstly, thank you for the support! And that Porsche looks like a split image of the Rocket! The only difference would be the nose and the side vents. Anyway, I'll have to try putting it at a lower grip tyre as I hadn't really tried it any lower than Racing tres. Thanks for the input and the tip!

Ok, I'll give them a try tonight. I will have a room up tonight at 11:00pm AEST // 2:00pm GMT +1 // 7:00am EST. Just send me a friend request so you can join the test.

Back