IGN's input on gt4p, pal version

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 52 comments
Originally posted by HoboPipe
It is a possibility they just can't say anything until the EAs license is completely gone.

On the other hand Forza motorsport developers have had no qualms about saying everything about it.

Hmmm I again have a little hope.

damn

But I think Microsoft bought a very expensive special licence from EA for PGR2 (at least that game has 9 Ferraris or something) and the Forza guys will just be using the same. But EA on the other hand didn't really want PD to have these cars and PD wasn't interested in spending the (no doubt obscene) amount of money necessary to convince them otherwise.

@cobra: I'll be getting some movies up on IGN over the next days as promised in the column ...

For the US it could be possible that you get Porsche and Ferrari later (in early 2005) with the implemented harddrive-support. So you can download them. This would be one possibility for the US-gamer.

For us in Europe, well, it's not sure until now that we will be able to buy the harddisk.:(

Doubt it methad, I dont even think gt4 will support the hdd. It wasn't confirmed at E3. Look, I see ferraris and porsches being tested, I know for a fact EA's rights for Ferrari go out in Nov. Gt4 is being released in Nov, it all falls in together. PD would not show us those cars for nothing, and show us they are testing them..

Could it really be...?
I really never had any hope.

One thing is for sure, PD are sadistic! :D

Originally posted by cobragt
Doubt it methad, I dont even think gt4 will support the hdd. It wasn't confirmed at E3.
GT4 will use the HDD, it has been confirmed by Sony and PD.

Originally posted by HoboPipe
It is a possibility they just can't say anything until the EAs license is completely gone.
Then why not say "no comment" instead of "they're not in GT4"? It doesn't make any sense...

But yeah, good point about KY previously saying that Nordshleife was impossible on PS2, whoever said that...

He never said the Nordschleife was impossible, he said that LeMans was impossible to iclude considerering the standards they were after, everyone (myself included) reasoned that the ring would be impossible too with it being longer, however to things have either happened, a: KY has managed to find a way to include thee long tracks, or b: the Nordschleife was possible because it didn't require as much memory and power on the scenery ect as LeMans would.

Perhaps some things we take as hard fact here (ex. Ferrari and Porsche will not be in GT4), are supposed to mean something else, and was simply lost in translation.

If I had 1 wish in the whole friggen world it would be to sit down with K.Y (and a translater ;) ) and ask him all the questions I have on my mind, and hes gotta give me a honest answer...that would be my one wish...Man I hope ferraris are in the game...360 Modena race tuned, turbo, the sound of the car, and evreything the car has to offer as for as looks go,,,,,,Im so anxious for this game...I might have to fly to japan and play a copy of the prolouge,

My 0.02 cents

I've no doubt that most of the work done for GT4 has been done with an eye firmly on GT5 - given the difference in time taken to render a model from the PS1 versions of GT to the PS2 versions, you can easily imagine it taking a lot longer for the PS3 versions. PD, being a Sony studio, would already have a pretty solid idea of the rendering capabilities of the PS3, so it would make sense to get started now, and possibly aim for GT5 to be a launch title for PS3 - just like what was supposed to happen for the PS2 with GT2000.

Well you could be right vat. I have heard there is a small team already making plans and what not but do you believe those ferraris and porsches are for gt4? I wont say they are 100%. I'll say they are in by a 70% chance. I mean, I hear so much about the videos that feature nothing but ferrari. I have a strong doubt PD would tease us like this, by showing us ferrari in a gt4 product and not having them in, plus fyi, EA's rights for Ferrari are done in Nov, I bet you already knew that ;) I just hope all the testing they are doing on the porsches and ferraris are for gt4 :D

Well, I'm not sure about everyone else, but I know board member antde2001 mentioned the expriration date in late Nov. He said a ferrari rep told them.

Now I'm not expecting them to be in GT4 but... GT4 has quite a while to go before it's out now and I doubt anything massive will come out about the game between now and release so the hype will stay level from here on out.

But... Imagine a few days before GT4 is released in Japan KY came out and said: "Oh you know I said Ferrari and Porsche wont be in GT4? ...Yeah well I kinda lied."

Wouldn't half cause a huge spike in interest huh?

You know... I expect to see Lambo in the game even less than Ferrari and Porsche. Simply because they haven't said it wont be. Funny huh? ;)

l33tc4k30fd00m, i think you have a very good point about them lying to us (Damn PD :mad: ) Or as someone said earlier perhaps they just arent allowed to announce them publicly until they have the licencse. This would make perfect sense; Would you prefer;

A) not expect Ferrari or Porsche turn on GT4 and find them :D
OR
B) Expect to find them in there only to be dissapointed :(

I'd say it's easier for PD to keep it quiet.

Maybe when ign asked KY would ferrari and porsche be in, and he said no, he might have meant no for the E3 demo. Never know but if that was true, it would be funny as hell. PD has shown themselves fooling around with porsches and ferraris, I think they might be in, why would they show us the footage of them testing the cars? Time will tell and hopefully, time tells us that ferrari and porsche are in, along side lambo. Imagine those three amazing car makers in gt4, man, that would be crazy!!! Lambo vs ferrari vs porsche races online!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by l33tc4k30fd00m
Now I'm not expecting them to be in GT4 but... GT4 has quite a while to go before it's out now and I doubt anything massive will come out about the game between now and release so the hype will stay level from here on out.

But... Imagine a few days before GT4 is released in Japan KY came out and said: "Oh you know I said Ferrari and Porsche wont be in GT4? ...Yeah well I kinda lied."

Wouldn't half cause a huge spike in interest huh?

You know... I expect to see Lambo in the game even less than Ferrari and Porsche. Simply because they haven't said it wont be. Funny huh? ;)

Agreed.

It wouldn't surprise if they did this. After all what's the point of testing cars, if they aren't going to be in the game.

I can't see them testing cars now for the 5th release on the next Playstation, after all PD will probably totally re write the game for the fifth release in 2006 (or when ever), so why test those cars now?

Also, PD will have known when EA's license expires on Porsche and Ferrari, maybe that explains the timing, and maybe they are sat on their hands until the license expires just fine tuning the game.

Cheers

Jamie

now after i watched that vid i thought that whatever happens to GT4 - GT5 or GT6 will def haf Ferrari and Porsche and that "blue" (for those who know) because PD wouldn't bother with them that much if it was a def "no".
anyway, lets see the bright side - no more that feeling that was b4 GT1, GT2, GT3 and GTC that "no - no ferrari, no porsche - no licence!"

Just got my version of prologue yesterday. :D . Now after watching the video i think that people are reading too much into the fact that Ferrari and Porsche cars were present. I think that Pd were probably just using them to research data for their new physics engine, this is backed up as one of the producers says that they are studying stability control or (something like that) just before a Porsche is seen on the skid pan.

Also there were many japanese cars that were in various states of tune, I dont recall seeing any that were not modified. Again i see this as evidence to show that the footage Porsche and Ferrari means nothing because there is no way that they are including each and every tuned Integra, S2000 etc so why should it mean they are going to include Porsche and Ferrari.

Anyways, that's my theory love or hate it. and i hope Pd can prove it wrong cos i really want to drive a 911 and 360 modena in the game.

The explanation for them testing variously tuned S2000's, etc., would be that they're making sure that the tuning in the game works properly. And if they're studying stability control, why would they do it with Ferraris if Ferraris aren't in the game? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

You probably right about the tuning thing, i thought of it after posting but i'm still not going to make a big deal out of them testing ferraris. I reckon they were probably just tryin to get a general idea of the way things work.

Back