I'm considering jumping ship from GT to Forza. Should I?

• Thread starter The Joker
  • 33 comments
I started with Forza 3 by accident two and a half years ago and it was like playing Gran Turismo 2 again. That passion for cars and playing a damn good game. Nothing else; just a great car game. Then I bought Forza 4 and... it was painful to leave something that has been part of my life for the past 15 years, but... I never went back.

Yes. You should. Unless you're a fan of PD, or are part of a GT community and don't like the idea of parting ways. This is my humble opinion, but I think Forza does everything better. Everything that as GT fan, I expected, sequel after sequel, it was always there in Forza all along. We can argue the physics and controls. but at least since Forza 4, controls are just as good as any Gran Turismo, and they get better with new iterations.

Yeah, there are lots of cool cars in Forza. A lot of the cars I wish were in GT6. But the actual race is only half of the fun in Gran Turismo.

In my room mics are disabled so people can listen to their favorite custom music, and not listen to people's grinding wheels, barking dogs, crying kids, screaming spouses and rap music.

The Chatbox is very important.

Great cars or not, the Forza online experience still sucks.

At best it is like the Quick Match races in GT6. Which also suck, unless you are short on cash.

I'm sorry but disabling all mics is ridiculous.

It's not hard to mute people on Xbox Live.

Also you can use the Looking For Group feature to find other serious racers pretty quickly.

Then you shouldn't find the jump too drastic. FM6 is arguably better-suited to pad players than wheel anyway — the XB1 controller is a great one to use for racing games thanks to the rumble triggers. It makes driving without ABS very enjoyable, IMO.
Still probably better with a wheel though. I'm not exactly the most precise with a controller. Although I can generally 1% any track on FM6 in P or X class, sometimes my thumb will twitch and wreck me. That's also not mentioning my relative lack of precision with the triggers that makes threshold braking/accelerating difficult at times, even with ABS, TCS and stability control on. If my CronusPro adapter worked with the T300RS, I'd be in hog heaven.

Back