• Thread starter JayRS200
  • 55 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRS200

(Banned)
Finland
Finland
One for the whiners who like to whine at whiners...

PS4 Pro sold. Only bought it for GT Sport.

The last straw was the "grip bug".

This is the end of an era for me having played every other GT game to the maximum.

In the end it was giving me a depressed feeling when thinking about playing it, and then while playing it everything seems off.

I won't list any of my problems with it because they are well documented.

A big thanks to this forum for all the information and conformation that it's not just all in my head... the problems with this game are very clear and the good parts aren't enough to overcome them (for me).

I'll probably still pop on here and see how GTS is or isn't getting on, as for playing the game I'm done.

This is the end of an era for me having played every other GT game to the maximum.

In the end it was giving me a depressed feeling when thinking about playing it, and then while playing it everything seems off.

A big thanks to this forum for all the information and conformation that it's not just all in my head... the problems with this game are very clear and the good parts aren't enough to overcome them (for me).

I'll probably still pop on here and see how GTS is or isn't getting on, as for playing the game I'm done.

Bye-bye.

P.S. not really sure what issues (in bold) you're even talking about. I've rarely encountered any issues with the game tbh. Is it possible you could actually explain these issues in detail?

Edit: Just saw the thread about the grip bug thingy

Last edited:
Seems a very extreme reaction but if you are not enjoying playing the game then it is up to you. Personally I just like having a blast driving both offline against the psycho AI and online at, quite honestly, extremely polite drivers. The odd nutter but such is life in general.

CJ

You know bugs will eventually get patched right?

It's not just the bugs. But 3 months in and some of the more simple ones haven't been fixed.

Seems a very extreme reaction but if you are not enjoying playing the game then it is up to you. Personally I just like having a blast driving both offline against the psycho AI and online at, quite honestly, extremely polite drivers. The odd nutter but such is life in general.

CJ

It does feel extreme even to me but I've been thinking the same thing for over 2 months, gave it a lot of play time. Played the beta and the demo turned beta then the main game, 20,000 miles all in maybe. Tried my best to enjoy what's there but it's not good enough.

Maybe I should have made a list so it's clearer why I don't like it.

I don't know why it would make you stop playing altogether.
Look the leaderboard stuff is a joke anyway and I've never put any effort into it.
People will cheat or find ways to exploit it they always have and they always will. Even if this new bug thing is not being done on purpose someone will find another way to exploit it.
Found yourself a good lobby racing group to join and then do weekly racing with them. Most of those people are honest and the racing is some of the best. Stop chasing cheats or cheaters and you will have fun again.

Bye-bye.

P.S. not really sure what issues (in bold) you're even talking about. I've rarely encountered any issues with the game tbh. Is it possible you could actually explain these issues in detail?

Edit: Just saw the thread about the grip bug thingy

I'm still here so keep your bye bye and place it somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.

No I won't explain them in detail, they are well documented on here so I suggest you go and read a bit more.

Maybe I should have made a list so it's clearer why I don't like it.
attention-nobody-cares-gift-message-relevant.jpg

Seeing threads like this amazes me, so you bought the most expensive version of a console, just you could play ONE SINGLE GAME?

And then after not liking the game, you just sold the game and the console as well?

You aren't the first to say you did something like that, I have been to other game forums and some people said the very same thing about other games.

And then they come and make a thread about it to say to everyone "LOOK AT ME GUYS, I BOUGHT THIS CONSOLE FOR ONLY ONE GAME AND SOLD IT BECAUSE THE GAME SUCKS AND I DON'T VALUE MY OWN MONEY, LOOK AT MY TRAGEDY AND FEEL PITY FOR ME!"

I'm starting to think this is a obscure meme of some kind due to how common this is.

Last edited:
I don't know why it would make you stop playing altogether.
Look the leaderboard stuff is a joke anyway and I've never put any effort into it.
People will cheat or find ways to exploit it they always have and they always will. Even if this new bug thing is not being done on purpose someone will find another way to exploit it.
Found yourself a good lobby racing group to join and then do weekly racing with them. Most of those people are honest and the racing is some of the best. Stop chasing cheats or cheaters and you will have fun again.

I have online friends I've been racing for over 5 years that ain't an issue.

I’m not seeing any bugs what’s so ever.

Ok 1 little bug off the top of my head...

When entering a new online lobby your car will revert back to standard chase cam settings.

No massive deal to go into menus (which still shows as my settings) and give it a click which reverts it to what it should be.

Seeing threads like this amazes me, so you bought the most expensive version of a console, just you could play ONE SINGLE GAME?

That's really not that uncommon seeing as most games now can take as much gaming time as your willing to throw at it. Some people only like investing all their time into one game.

I have online friends I've been racing for over 5 years that ain't an issue

Ok just trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picture Bill Gates behind the keyboard.
While I'm trying not to assume what your issues are, I doubt an offline only game would have the same effect on people.

Edit : OK so you like online, Is it the competitive nature that ranking brings out of people? thats ruined your experience of this GT?

Come back in 5 years and maybe some of the simple bugs have been fixed and there will be 2 new tracks.
/beingrealistic

I'll keep playing for now until the Wipeout VR patch comes out.

This is a great forum but you're overestimating its membership count.

You cared enough to come into a thread and upload a picture and that's what matters to me.

Please outline the problems you had with GTS, it would make it a lot clearer as to why you sold it and your PS4(which to me is a mistake as there are some pretty great games on the PS4).

Honestly I can't be bothered listing it all. I'm sure out of all my recent posts I've said pretty much all of them.

And then after not liking the game, you just sold the game and the console as well?

You aren't the first to say you did something like that, I have been to other game forums and some people said the very same thing about other games.

And then they come and make a thread about it to say to everyone "LOOK AT ME GUYS, I BOUGHT THIS CONSOLE FOR ONLY ONE GAME AND SOLD IT BECAUSE THE GAME SUCKS AND I'M A IDIOT WHO DOESN'T VALUE MY OWN MONEY, LOOK AT MY TRAGEDY AND FEEL PITY FOR ME!"

I'm starting to think this is a obscure meme of some kind due to how common this is.

You're thinking too much about it. It's simple really. People have different tastes and opinions on things.

Yes I bought the PS4 90% for GTS. I thought it was going to be worth it considering how much time I put into GT5 and GT6. It wasn't so I sold it. Lost about £100 but I have other interests that the money will come in handy for.

Done not gone.

Save it.

And then they come and make a thread about it to say to everyone "LOOK AT ME GUYS, I BOUGHT THIS CONSOLE FOR ONLY ONE GAME AND SOLD IT BECAUSE THE GAME SUCKS AND I'M A IDIOT WHO DOESN'T VALUE MY OWN MONEY, LOOK AT MY TRAGEDY AND FEEL PITY FOR ME!"

Some people have PC and they can play any racing game except GT,therefor they buy PS4 for one single game if they want to play GT.
Remove or paraphrase this or I will report your post for insult.

You know bugs will eventually get patched right?
Camber in GT6(among other things) says hello.

I bought PS1, PS2 and PS3 because of Gran Turismo. Why does this bother you so?

Some people have more money than sense patience.

I bought a PS4 for GT, had to sell my G25 and bought a G29, still waiting for GT so I bought project cars 1, then bought PSVR, driveclub VR, Dirt Rally VR, then GTS came out woooohooooo FINALLY!!!

I am willing to wait for as long as it takes with PD, I'm in no real rush. As long as they come through with PSVR and more real tracks.

No one cares about your personal angst.

This is a great forum but you're overestimating its membership count.

You mean every person on earth isn't a GT Planet member? :dunce:

I dont really understand your issues. I have scoured these forums and understand most peoples complaints about the game. Most range from unfounded- reasonable complaints about how the specific aspects of first gen. SR system works but no one out there seems to be able to provide an example of a game that does it better (iRacing has its own major SR flaws) The physics are beat by ONLYT WO other games (AC and PC2) Everything else is minor gripes about how GTS isnt PERFECT. The game still gets updated semi- monthly and we are all (patiently?) waiting for more content to be added.

Unless you were one of the people affected by the grip bug or in contention for the number one on the dailies charts then who cares. You have NO IDEA if this affected you.

You bought and sold a PS4 Pro and GTS and quit because the online lobbies make you press R1 twice before racing? HOW ASININE. Am i supposed to go "Oh yeah that makes sense!" or are you just that picky? Please tell me because that is probably the worst reason for wasting your money than anything.

Dude, if you hate the game then fine but why make a thread about quitting in a huff and offer no explanation for why or how PD could get you back. All you are asking for is people like me to call you out on your useless whiney behaviour:crazy:

and BYE!

Wow, This thread is saltier than the salt and pepper wings I had last night!

You shouldn't have sold it man... I simply gave up playing for a month... Been back on it the last few days racking up wins in sport mode :)

What I can't understand is why you would put in 20,000 miles on a game you don't like? If I don't like a game I'll not play it, and I can tell if I'll like it within the first ten minutes. Star Wars Battlefront for example... I played that **** for 5 minutes and never again.... Of course, that was the only game I ever bought digitally! For full price no less! Never again lol

I'm still here so keep your bye bye and place it somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.

No I won't explain them in detail, they are well documented on here so I suggest you go and read a bit more.

Why are you complaining about not wanting to play a game, but you won't say why? Isn't that a little
nonsensical?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back