Imaginary soft tire compound shortage

United States
United States
Why are there no daily races on super soft racing tires? Is there a limited supply of imaginary soft tire compound used in video games?

Last edited:
RSS tires....the ultimate assist!
Everything about race cars is designed to help them stick to the track. ABS,traction control, adjustable LSD, downforce. But really soft tires? Nope! I play for fun so I just wonder why these options exist but aren’t used. Especially for daily races with no tire wear.

With the tyre wear on they'd be no use anyway. I'm not a big fan of the soft tyre, we don't need an even softer compound.

:gtplanet::cheers:
For daily races with no tire wear that wouldn’t be an issue. Why are the other adhesion enhancements acceptable but really soft tires are a bridge too far? Any way I appreciate your reply and I love the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see ALL compounds used in a race.
How are those CH on ya TS050 now? :sly:

Weeeeee!

478C1EDA-2CCF-4D71-8FF2-684401AE377F.gif

Last edited:
Everything about race cars is designed to help them stick to the track. ABS,traction control, adjustable LSD, downforce. But really soft tires? Nope! I play for fun so I just wonder why these options exist but aren’t used. Especially for daily races with no tire wear.

For daily races with no tire wear that wouldn’t be an issue. Why are the other adhesion enhancements acceptable but really soft tires are a bridge too far? Any way I appreciate your reply and I love the game.

The biggest issue would be the lack of a challenge in setting a time on RSS, it would be boring and not fun. The options are there for people who play offline/private lobbies, and sport mode doesn’t allow tuning of any type, so those other adhesion enhancements aren’t used online either. :)

Last edited:
The biggest issue would be the lack of a challenge in setting a time on RSS, it would be boring and not fun. The options are there for people who play offline/private lobbies, and sport mode doesn’t allow tuning of any type, so those other adhesion enhancements aren’t used online either. :)

Yeah but theoretically everyone should pretty much be equally faster so it would be just as difficult getting a top time. Everyone being on RSS is the same as everyone being on RH, only thing that changes are the lap times for everyone and grip.

Yeah but theoretically everyone should pretty much be equally faster so it would be just as difficult getting a top time. Everyone being on RSS is the same as everyone being on RH, only thing that changes are the lap times for everyone and grip.

In theory yes, but in reality they have so much grip that they make cars suspension feel soft and squishy, and they also make mistakes/slides much harder to happen, and when the car does slip, it’s a huge slip and not just a little slide because of the forces on the tire are higher when it loses traction. There just isn’t much fun in using RSS, it would just be train racing even worse than we have now.

How much fun is it when even on mediums you can just floor a race car well before the apex while still having a ton of lock applied, and still not break traction? That’s not really much of a challenge.

Last edited:
Back