Immaculate Challenges > All 3 Expert Races Added!

• Thread starter amar212
  • 203 comments

amar212

GTSurgeons.com
Premium
Croatia
Croatia
3QZsA.gif

SEASONAL EVENTS #8 IMMACULATE CHALLENGES

Immaculate Challenges will continue from this weekend

Hi to all interested!

New Expert Challenge Races have brought us back restrictions by car/tires and made SRF OFF. That means we can establish our Immaculate Challenges again :)

Here are the Expert Challenge Races > both Fiat 500 and 111R race can be won by using stock car only

#1 Fiat 500 > Trial Mountain
Full Stock Car (no oil change, no parts, nothing)

64 HP/1010kg/285 PP
Great Driver Challenge: win on stock :)

Engine have to be fully broken-in (few times 5 laps will do it) up to max allowed of 64HP

#2 Lotus Elise 111R > Tsukuba
Full Stock Car (no oil change, no parts, nothing)

144HP/860kg/447PP
Great Driver Challenge: win on stock :)
notice: brake bias altering allowed for this challenge

Engine have to be fully broken-in (few times 5 laps will do it) up to max allowed of 144

Impreza Sti '10 > Laguna Seca
Max HP Allowed: 390 HP
Max Weight Allowed: 1296 (no Stage 3 reduction)
Mechanical Upgrades: Sport Suspension, Racing Clutch, Carbon Shaft
Great Driver Challenge: 370HP for max power
notice: brake bias altering allowed for this challenge

About Immaculate Challenges:

All challenges are tailored with following prerequisites:

- no driving aids except ABS (1) (TCS, ASM and SRF > OFF)
- full clean race (no cutting of any tracks anywhere, no bumping the cars in turns)
- no adding of ANY extra-mechanical parts whatsoever besides pure HP upgrade except where noted
- no weight reduction
- no oil change except where noted

Also, some of the challenges have special Great Driver Challenges. They are advanced challenges aimed at particularly advanced drivers who seek for maximum testing of the car limit, track knowledge and their skills. Great Driver Challenges pays tribute to he Great Driver Challenges of the original F355 Challenge game by master Yu Suzuki, made available for PS2 version of the game and being one of the greatest driving challenges ever conceived in history of virtual driving.

NOTICE FOR TUNING: Some cars needs to be tuned to appropriate HP values. Please notice that different tuning produces different results in performance. There is drastic difference in actual performance when HP-value is met by oil-change or by adding an air-filter. We do not recommend oil-change in any circumstances except where noted. In order to achieve desired HP we highly recommend balanced tuning, with adding different low-cost parts (ECU, air filers, catalyst converter, exhaust, etc..) and improving overall performance of the car as result.

ALL ABOVE TO DO WITHOUT ANY TUNING-SETTING (ALTERING OF VALUES) FOR ANY CAR (including brake bias) other where noted. If using ABS 0 (zero) Brake Bias can be adjusted.

ALL ABOVE TO MEET WITHOUT ANY MECHANICAL MODIFICATIONS EXCEPT HP UPGRADE TO MEET THE HP TARGET (no custom transmissions, suspensions, LSD, clutches, flywheels, etc) except where NOTED

Last edited:
I don't have time to play and try these restrictions, but VERY good idea. Will try them when I have time.

Great idea! Thanks.

I had already done the Prius event with Sports soft and 99HP and was able to win it. Will try with 121 HP and sports hard.

Tried Audi TT with 300HP and sports-hard. On the first try, got 2nd, but was 24 sec behind the lead car after spinning out twice. Looks hard for me but feel it is within reach. Will try it a few more times.

PS: I'm an average driver. Aids off except ABS at 1 and with automatic transmission.

Not sure what you mean as far as "appropriate feedback"

Won #5 Citroen C4 WRC / Rome Circuit

Took about 8 -10 tries once I got the car setup.
A good challenge exercise.

Had already changed oil so I didn't attempt Masochist Corner
I think it would probably take a lot longer with the lower HP.

EDIT: Just noticed this:
ALL ABOVE TO DO WITHOUT ANY TUNING-SETTING (ALTERING OF VALUES) FOR ANY CAR (including brake bias).
I don't think it was there originally, but will have to try it this way.

Last edited:
how about a Daihatsu midget on Nurburgring Nordschleife?

The secret ingredient is composed of two things: a car that is fun to drive... matched to a track/circuit that said car is fun to drive on.

Maximizing the fun in each of these two things is key to having an awesome challenge like the GTR on SSR5. Also, the 1,000,000 credit 100,000 exp prize made the frustration worth it. Each of these things makes a great Bonus Race.

I'll give you some constructive feedback now...

Is the prius that fun to drive? It's soooo slowwwwww.

Instead of leaving the tuning and/or tuning parts choices up to the driver, maybe you guys could make a tune/setup on a car that forces you to drive a certain way on a certain track. I know my R8 is a blast to drive on Autumn ring mini with racing softs and my specific tune. You slide all over the place... but if you can control it, it's really fun to just finesse/drift it around every single corner. especially if i can link up those slides on the straights.

edit: i just realized you wanted to make the bonus race harder... so disregard everything i just said. hehe

Last edited:
Good Idea
This should be what we do if they continue unrestricted seasonal events.
From memory I completed these events with stock tyres on all cars with the odd oil change or sports filter (sorry,i fully did up the Prius just for a laugh.A dumped out Pruis with about 4degrees of negitive camber looks funny as).
:cheers:

I've only done the C4 challenge so far and will definitely use this as a guide for the rest.

Thanks. 👍

Great Idea, this gives me a goal to shoot for, much more rewarding. I've only done the C4 event so far and it probably took me 1-2 hours to gold following your specifications. Again, thanks, great idea.

Are there any method to find the specs of the AI cars, Tyres, clutch, etc?
Im doing almost just what you described, just added fully customized transmission, to tune the gearing to this particular track.
GT5 can be played in many ways, the ideas behind your suggestion makes for one of the most enjoyable.

Im doing almost just what you described, just added fully customized transmission, to tune the gearing to this particular track.

Idea of challenges is not to change any additional parts besides pure HP increase in compliance to meet the HP target above.

I will include it in the OP 👍

I haven't tried these yet, but I do have a suggestion. I'd recommend just setting horsepower and weight restrictions then allow whatever tuning within those restrictions. Tuning a car is an important skill and the way you have set up your challenge it completely eliminates that. I liked the way PD had it where you could tune to your hearts content as long as you stayed within the 2 parameters they set up.

Really thanks for this effort ! I'm going to try them out as soon as I can.
I liked the seasonal events because of the challenging part, but was a little upset when pd removed the restrictions. I'm glad you guys give suggestive restrictions now.. so everybody can be happy.

I haven't tried these yet, but I do have a suggestion. I'd recommend just setting horsepower and weight restrictions then allow whatever tuning within those restrictions. Tuning a car is an important skill and the way you have set up your challenge it completely eliminates that. I liked the way PD had it where you could tune to your hearts content as long as you stayed within the 2 parameters they set up.

I have to agree that tuning is fundamental and should be allowable.

I have to agree that tuning is fundamental and should be allowable.

I agree, but there is a actual problem - it would require serious and impossible-to-do testing.

Although we may presume there are some further and more interesting restrictions that can be done in order to make these events even more challenging, there is no way to find out about them in this form. At least not without spending too much time testing.

I presume Ford GT challenge can be done on Sports Hard tyres, but I have no idea which amount of tuning could meet the desired benchmark of catching Cizeta on the last corner. It would require insane amount of trial&error process in order to obtain all possible variations of difference in times and driving with default tyres and altered mechanical parts.

So we decided to find challenge in basic tuning, keeping the logic of minimal amount of purchasing the parts and modifying the actual vehicle.

By surprise we found out that very basic modification of tyre compound - only 1 "step" above the regular compound within the borders of "plausible" - can lead to almost desired level of challenge where you catch the leader in the very last corner of the very last lap with driving pitch-perfect laps. Most noticeable on TTS and GT40 races.

Also, it turned out that C4 WRC can actually be driven in 1:16.xxx margins needed to catch the leader even on full-stock (without the oil change) values - but driving like that is extremely hard and asks literally zero-zero-zero-margin for mistake. However, that is where the "masochist corner" jumps in :)

I know it would be great if we could create some very serious challenges aimed at serious-tuning - as we know it from #2's Ford ST and RX-7 events respectfully - but we couldn't cope with that to be honest. Although we may presume that some extremely demanding marking could be made with Ford GT race especially and mandatory Sports Hard tyres, it is impossible to determine the exact spot of "possible time" because tuning process have too many real variations.

For instance, applying the appropriate LSD values was the most important part of Focus ST challenge and it was that single mechanical part that made the race possible with obligatory HP/KG/tyre-compound.

Too many variables to go into. But we think we did a good job with this Immaculate Challenges since they represent a fair and good challenge even for experienced drivers. We tested them all and even tried to find "masochist corner" as margin for real hard-core.

Also, installing the additional mechanical parts literally derails the challenges as we tested them. Installing a customizable-transmission or racing suspension on Ford GT seriously improves it's lap times (also notice that basic oil change and corresponding HP increase simply kills the challenge, you gain almost 1 sec per lap) and eliminate the challenge given by fact you have to cope with it's default gearing and handling in order to take the most you can from Sport Medium tyres. So, adding the mechanical parts in equation (which you call tuning) would seriously compromise the nature of the challenge.

Everything above that should really be done by PD :)

We wanted to make this #3 races as challenging as possible - but beatable. We tried to make serious challenges for serious and demanding drivers. If you find our work done good, we're more than happy :)

Last edited:
^ I had a feeling you were going to respond along those lines.

Tuning does introduce a large mixed bag of variables, that can be difficult to sort through.

EDIT: OK went back changed all settings to default. Won #5 Citroen C4 WRC / Rome Circuit (no adjustments)

Had to adjust for understeer, still a good challenge.

Won #2. Audi TTS / Cape Ring

This one requires alot of patience. Its so tempting to overdrive the car and screw it up.
Very good challenge also.

EDIT: Won #4. Ford GT / Trial Mountain Reverse

Wow this one was fun. Probably will be the most fun out the bunch.
Might go back and run it a couple more times.
Good exercise in throttle control.

Won #3. Lotus Elise 111R / Nurbugring GP

While being a good challenge, thats about all it is.
IMO PD needs to go back to the drawing board on some of the tire physics and this is one example.
Reminds me of some of the cars in FM2.
My pickup truck can out corner this car and tire combo.
Just too unrealistic.

Last edited:
Heres what I managed to do them with if that helps.

Prius: HP, Tyres Stock (Mods on Weight plus minor stuff such as drivetrain)
Audi: HP Stock (As above, plus Sports Medium)
Lotus: Completly Stock
Ford: HP Stock (Same As Audi)
Citoen: Completly Stock

Ok, had some time yesterday and managed and beat the Prius one as described, on my third try.

Also decided to buy a Ford GT for the 4th challenge, gave it a quick try but that didn't get me anywhere. I kept spinning out... That one won't be easy.

That's a great idea! I was trying that at home, but was often overshooting, and the events ended up not being challenging. I'll try your restrictions tonight. :)

Great idea! Thanks.

I had already done the Prius event with Sports soft and 99HP and was able to win it. Will try with 121 HP and sports hard.

Tried Audi TT with 300HP and sports-hard. On the first try, got 2nd, but was 24 sec behind the lead car after spinning out twice. Looks hard for me but feel it is within reach. Will try it a few more times.

PS: I'm an average driver. Aids off except ABS at 1 and with automatic transmission.

I'm a good driver who only managed to win with a fully-modded ~160 hp Prius after buying Racing Soft tires{admittedly, though, it became much easier afterwards.}

Good stuff posting these.

I've used the restrictions for them all except for the Prius (I'd already done weight reduction on it and I'm not buying another one). Three of them I found good fun and a reasonable challenge but the Audi one seems much tougher. My best has been 6 seconds off after many attempts. Struggling to see where I can gain a second a lap but will keep trying.

Working on it, will ppst Miev and Golf tommorow morning and rest later afternoon.

Golf gives one great challenge without modifying a single thing except tyres. Have to try some more but that one will be a blast :D

can wait for your comments on season#4.

loved this season#3 restrictions

Me too, really adds a good challenge to these events.

Don't know if it will help, but the Challenger race at Daytona is doable with sport mediums and oil change. No other mods or adjustments..
I'm not sure if its winnable with stock HP.
Thats a pretty tall order.

So are these supposed to be with no upgrades like supension and lsd?

Yes. Only changes on cars are adding a minimal amount of HP needed to win and change of tyres (if needed).

Adding a mechanical parts would be more fun but it is impossible to test the outcomes and variables because I have no auto-pilot-engine on disposal :)

BTW For those interested, 2 of #4 challenges will be added to the first post in matter of minutes

Great initiative AMAR.

For the Events 4: High speed ring - Super GT GT500 , the opinion seem to be:
Tom Castrol Supra with gear ratio changed is sufficient.

I would actually try the Nomad Diablo GT1 '00 (in the online second hand shop) with downgraded tires on the back. Will experiment with this tonight.

For High Speed Ring I used the Arta NSX '00 used with just an oil change and the downforce cranked up. Without touching the downforce I was about 3 seconds behind, but I'm sure it could be won. I'd say a challenge is with the downforce cranked up to 30/50 and the "masochist's corner" is with downforce at the stock level.

A pity there isn't much reaction to this nice initiative !
Really liked the challenges for #3 series.
I really hope you guys continue to do this for the coming seasonal events !

Back