Important things no one talks about

• Thread starter xiimracing
  • 38 comments
Switzerland
Switzerland
Crealisiert
Important things no one talks about... People blame the physics (which are great) just because they cant drive, but no one talks about the things that really matter, here is some...

1st = most important
3rd = least important

1st: Changing lobby settings after creating a room does not work.

2nd: Its not possible to kick people from your room as a host. (which will ruin the multiplayer period if not changed)

3rd Adding "widebody" your steering gets locked on oversteer if playing with sticks, or d-pad on controller. (Same appears when driving reverse, steering is locked until 50% input & then suddenly turns a lot)

4th: Option to save your lobby room settings is missing.

I really hope "change settings & kick unwanted people" is included in the "future update preview" mentioned "new lobby features"...

Last edited:
People blame the physics (which are so great) just because they cant drive
I agree with everything you've said except for the above. As someone who regularly participates in track days in my RX-8 I can 100% say that the physics are broken for FR cars. If I throw my car in to a corner at 60+mph it will understeer. In GT7, even with racing soft tyres on it, it will oversteer. That is a major misstep for the physics IMO.

That said, I agree with the lobby points. Other things I would say:

Roulette ticket balancing - I have received the lowest value prize 99% of the time, no matter the star rating of the ticket. Likewise I always seem to get the lowest PP rated prize car from the gift card menus, but that could just be me.

Expanding on the ticket balancing, I would also be really keen for the engine swaps to be expanded on and improved. Obtaining engines is a million-to-one shot as it is, but beyond that trying to find what cars an engine fits is very difficult. In addition to that the number of vehicles that engines fit seem very obscure and the exclusions unrealistic. For example, the number of cars that the 2JZ fits in is laughably small given what people have found, and I can't put a 13B-REW from an RX-7 in to an RX-8... Something I've seen in real life multiple times...

The ability to save the interior camera position per car is also missing. Changing it will affect all cars, which is not how it worked in GT Sport. Super annoying as some cars have terrible camera positining by default, such as the Mazda RX-8 or Porsche 911 (997).

Nor have I found a setting to adjust sensity for the gamepad motion sensor controls. I would like to know whether the default settings are completely neutral, because in GT Sport these settings had an option to confirm / adjust this.

I agree with everything you've said except for the above. As someone who regularly participates in track days in my RX-8 I can 100% say that the physics are broken for FR cars. If I throw my car in to a corner at 60+mph it will understeer. In GT7, even with racing soft tyres on it, it will oversteer. That is a major misstep for the physics IMO.

That said, I agree with the lobby points. Other things I would say:

Roulette ticket balancing - I have received the lowest value prize 99% of the time, no matter the star rating of the ticket. Likewise I always seem to get the lowest PP rated prize car from the gift card menus, but that could just be me.

Expanding on the ticket balancing, I would also be really keen for the engine swaps to be expanded on and improved. Obtaining engines is a million-to-one shot as it is, but beyond that trying to find what cars an engine fits is very difficult. In addition to that the number of vehicles that engines fit seem very obscure and the exclusions unrealistic. For example, the number of cars that the 2JZ fits in is laughably small given what people have found, and I can't put a 13B-REW from an RX-7 in to an RX-8... Something I've seen in real life multiple times...
Do you regulary use "racing tyres" with roadcars ? If so, try using sport softs with the sport suspension... (You also dont see any roadcars with full slick on trackdays irl) Also the differential locks up to much i guess, if you go for a 5-15-XX differential it will be better than stock "10-40-XX"... The overall physics imo are really great, closest to assetto that gt ever was...

And jeah the lobby thing is impacting me big & i will stay to solo mode or friends only until its solved...

And i also agree with the tickets, either a better chance of winning something good, or if the odds stay this bad atleast make a way to grind multiple tickets per day, or buy them (WITH IN GAME MONEY) with prices depending on the "star rating" of the ticket...

Lets see what this "future update preview" includes... 😅

The ability to save the interior camera position per car is also missing. Changing it will affect all cars, which is not how it worked in GT Sport. Super annoying as some cars have terrible camera positining by default, such as the Mazda RX-8 or Porsche 911 (997).

Nor have I found a setting to adjust sensity for the gamepad motion sensor controls. I would like to know whether the default settings are completely neutral, because in GT Sport these settings had an option to confirm / adjust this.
In GT Sport it was also only later introduced to have car specific interior saved, not at launch... My problem is more that the adjusting of the camera doesnt give enough room for adjusting, only moving a few centimeters...

Your motion control sensitivity should be adjusted with your normal "controller sensitivity" settings ranging from -2 up to 7.
Note: This cannot be changed while driving in a lobby, you have to exit to the pit, for camera adjustment leave the lobby...

The lack of hud customization. I hate having the driver list and track map up on there.
There is atleast a "no hud" & "race info only" setting, but would be cool to have that "car info only" & race info off...

There is atleast a "no hud" & "race info only" setting, but would be cool to have that "car info only" & race info off...
Race Info Only is hot garbage though, you lose all the important stuff at the bottom of the screen but keep the driver list and map. No hud is not really an option for me either.

All I want is the stuff on the bottom and the position and lap counter in the top left corner. Nice and clean.

1. Let us sell (or just delete) stuff from our garages. Someone wants 400-odd cars? Great. Someone else just wants to keep a few racers, no clutter? Great too. It’s a small thing, but the garage isn’t really yours if you can’t control what’s in it.

And if it can’t be done because of this ‘collecting’ Pokédex bs (what exactly is the point of this Collector Level stuff anyway, what does it lead too?) then at least let us have a basement section for ‘our’ garage, where we can dump and forget about cars we don’t really want to see.

2. 4000 credits per paint colour? I’m more and more attracted to Samus’s theory about MTX usage...

Last edited:
1. Let us sell (or just delete) stuff from our garages. Someone wants 400-odd cars? Great. Someone else just wants to keep a few racers, no clutter? Great too. It’s a small thing, but the garage isn’t really yours if you can’t control what’s in it.

And if it can’t be done because of this ‘collecting’ Pokédex bs (what exactly is the point of this Collector Level stuff anyway, what does it lead too?) then at least let us have a basement section for ‘our’ garage, where we can dump and forget about cars we don’t really want to see.

2. 4000 credits per paint colour? I’m more and more attracted to Samus’s theory about MTX usage...
I guess thats just how it works now in GT7 with not beeing able to sell cars & i think it will stay like this...
And there is the opposite to what you ask for. You can now mark your cars as "favorite" again, so you will always find them in your garage under "favorites"...

And the color is no big deal, considering you can make 97'500cr in just 3minutes...

Race Info Only is hot garbage though, you lose all the important stuff at the bottom of the screen but keep the driver list and map. No hud is not really an option for me either.

All I want is the stuff on the bottom and the position and lap counter in the top left corner. Nice and clean.
Like i said i wish it was there, but i dont think it will change...
Race info only is what i used to use in GT Sport when hosting a free run trackday, so my interior is clean and free from stuff, but i still can see what people drive what cars & can go to kick them if they use tommahawks and stuff... But now where you cant kick anyone, i stay away from online... lol

I’d also like a dash cam similar to Assetto Corsa with the mirror from bumper cam. The views in GT7 kind of suck imo.

1646850364412.jpeg

Last edited:

You can delete your cars from garage if you want, go into garage - change car - click on the car you want to delete, hit triangle button, click discard.

Last edited:
Do you regulary use "racing tyres" with roadcars ? If so, try using sport softs with the sport suspension... (You also dont see any roadcars with full slick on trackdays irl) Also the differential locks up to much i guess, if you go for a 5-15-XX differential it will be better than stock "10-40-XX"... The overall physics imo are really great, closest to assetto that gt ever was...
I do not, but the issue is prevalent on every single type of tyre in GT7 - my example of racing softs was to demonstrate that a car like the RX-8, which is woefully low on torque, couldn't hope to break traction on racing slicks at 60mph or more.

I love the physics in GT7 in every other regard, but to blame 'people who can't drive' is ridiculously blinkered and, fundamentally, incorrect.

And whilst you can improve it with diff settings, the whole point is that the 100% stock version in game does not handle like the 100% stock version IRL - irrelevant of tyres. I've driven about 200 miles in the game one as I own a real one, trust me when I say I know how it should handle at the limit

The removal of pre-set 'message templates' (which enabled anyone to send quick comments to other players in GT Sport) from online lobbies. I've noticed this in my two-dozen attempts at the current Daily Bs and I feel it might have played a part in making lobbies feel less like a social space than before.

I do not, but the issue is prevalent on every single type of tyre in GT7 - my example of racing softs was to demonstrate that a car like the RX-8, which is woefully low on torque, couldn't hope to break traction on racing slicks at 60mph or more.

I love the physics in GT7 in every other regard, but to blame 'people who can't drive' is ridiculously blinkered and, fundamentally, incorrect.

And whilst you can improve it with diff settings, the whole point is that the 100% stock version in game does not handle like the 100% stock version IRL - irrelevant of tyres. I've driven about 200 miles in the game one as I own a real one, trust me when I say I know how it should handle at the limit
Jeah it might be a little bit to crazy on some cars when hitting throttle... But the overall balance of the cars feels way better than ever... Im GT Sport every car was just understeering, feeling the exact same & now they finally feel alive... I agree that out of the corner the cars could have a bit more grippy, but i hope it doesnt come at the cost of the whole game feeling "flat" again, cars not beeing alive & just understeer...

Dont get me wrong, but many opinions (not yours) of random people are wrong & they blame the game because they put wrong tires on wrong cars, put to much power onto cars, dont have a to deep understanding of cars, basic driving techniques & just cant handle it, but also dont want to put in the time to learn & understand it... Many people nowadays buy a game and expect to get everything for free & be a pro at day one, without doing anything... 😅 Lets put it that way: to many people cry about silly stuff nowadays & the important things go missing...

I put 4700hrs+ into GT Sport & already put 73hours (30hour session at release) into GT7... I'm also one of the guys who enjoys any aspect of the game: free run lobby, cruising, sport mode, photography, livery, grinding, starring at cars for hours and so on... I guess this expirience also should give me some amount of feeling whats right & wrong with the game... And like i said i agree with you on the "suddenly loosing traction" topic, but as i said i hope a fix doesnt come in cost of the cars feeling alive...

The removal of pre-set 'message templates' (which enabled anyone to send quick comments to other players in GT Sport) from online lobbies. I've noticed this in my two-dozen attempts at the current Daily Bs and I feel it might have played a part in making lobbies feel less like a social space than before.
Good point, also for random online lobbys this pre-set messages were really useful. Even tho i found them really weird & only for the lazy people when they first appeared on GT Sport, but they were really useful...

Important things no one talks about... People blame the physics (which are great) just because they cant drive, but no one talks about the things that really matter, here is some...

1st = most important
3rd = least important

2nd: Its not possible to kick people from your room as a host. (which will ruin the multiplayer period if not changed)

3rd Adding "widebody" your steering gets locked on oversteer if playing with sticks, or d-pad on controller. (Same appears when driving reverse, steering is locked until 50% input & then suddenly turns a lot)

I really hope "change settings & kick unwanted people" is included in the "future update preview" mentioned "new lobby features"...
The 3rd issue, does nt happen if you´re using a wheel?

The 3rd issue, does nt happen if you´re using a wheel?
I cant tell you from my own expierience as my wheel still isnt delivered yet. 😅 But a friend of mine i was playing with told me that there is a "vibration/feedback" when you hit that point... But nothing weird happens when driving reverse.

I mean if bodykit means "racing steering angle" then its totally realistic that you cant turn like a roadcar... But its weird that it only happens at certain speeds & movements of the car... When parking or driving slowly the car turns fully...

1st = most important
3rd = least important

Wait, on #3 - I built up a C3 corvette convertible and did not install a widebody but had this same steering issue with my wheel and controller. However, I did use the "wide" offset on the wheels.

Do you know if it has to do with the actual widebody or just the wide offset wheels?

I thought this was just a glitch with my vette. I did wide wheels on my 3000GT and did not have the same issue so it's not a global thing...

Wait, on #3 - I built up a C3 corvette convertible and did not install a widebody but had this same steering issue with my wheel and controller. However, I did use the "wide" offset on the wheels.

Do you know if it has to do with the actual widebody or just the wide offset wheels?

I thought this was just a glitch with my vette. I did wide wheels on my 3000GT and did not have the same issue so it's not a global thing...
Thanks for that message. No i havent noticed it with only "wide wheels" yet... Only with cars i had widebody, and the touring car Civic.
Maybe i have to try and raise the suspension. If they went for total realism it would lock when the tire hit the fender... But if feels so weird that it doesnt feel right or as supposed to...

1 Russia has invaded Ukraine?
Joint 1. Saudi Arabia bombing Yemen with help from the US but no one has been given their opinion from the media to care about it.

Boycott US/Saudi goods and ban them from everything like the Russians. I'd hate to think our principles are fake.

2 No drag racing online?

So what i can understand from this is: KICK all newbies out of multiplayer or what ever it's called.So now i know i'm not welcome anywere if i pay a year for ps+....Thank's you just saved me 75 usd (680 swedish krona).Am i right or wrong?Not all are pro's in racing and i thougt 7+ was for all???In that case pd must change the 7+ to only pro drivers for gt7.I'm almost 52 and not a pro racedriver so i hang on to the ordinary careermode.No need for multiplayer if all of you want proracers in their lobby or whatever.Iv'e played gt1-6 but not gt6.5 (gt sport)

Last edited:
Totally agree, no idea why they removed this as I would often see people in GT Sport congratulating one another for a good race using the pre-set messages. As you say, not having them detracts from the social aspect of the game and there usually isn't enough time to type a message to someone.

So what i can understand from this is: KICK all newbies out of multiplayer or what ever it's called.So now i know i'm not welcome anywere if i pay a year for ps+....Thank's you just saved me 75 usd (680 swedish krona).Am i right or wrong?Not all are pro's in racing and i thougt 7+ was for all???In that case pd must change the 7+ to only pro drivers for gt7.I'm almost 52 and not a pro racedriver so i hang on to the ordinary careermode.No need for multiplayer if all of you want proracers in their lobby or whatever.Iv'e played gt1-6 but not gt6.5 (gt sport)
It was just always a thing in GT that you can kick someone as a host... That also means you can do your own lobby, own rules and choose who you want to drive with... Also YOU could make your own room... And there is also people who want to realistically cruise slow speed, or even 2 way traffic simulation... Then you have a racer join and ruin everything, and then you cant kick him, thats stupid...
Becaue otherwise it ends up being like forza motorsport, all the good people stay away or hidden in friends lobbys... I also pay the same 70€ for PS+, so do i have to pay to just fully let them ruin my expirience ?
It always worked fine like that since GT5, now without that feature every trackday lobby is a total mess...

Back