Impreza vs. Mustang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ram-Rod
  • 58 comments
  • 2,900 views

Subaru Impreza or Ford Mustang


  • Total voters
    92
Subaru Impreza. Cars are supposed to be a replacement for horses, so why drive a car that's named after a horse.

However, I do think the '05 Mustang has better styling than the '05 Subaru WRX. The WRX makes you look like a flash git with all the spoilers and hood scoops and bright paint.

Track/enthusiastic driving goes to the Subaru, everyday comfort and styling goes to the Mustang.
 
1969 Shelby GT500 428 (my vote)
shelaunch.jpe


VS

1969 Scooby Dooooo
scooby-doo-01-sm.gif
 
Ram-Rod
It is every model and year of both cars in the game gt 1 trough 4.

That makes no sense to do it that way at all.

ETA : Oh, and I voted mustang, seeing as how I own one, and the '00 Cobra R is my all time favorite mustang.
 
speed_freak
I voted for the stang because the wrx is only good at drag racing it sucks at handling, where is the mustang i find to be much more fun to drive.

To be honest I would expect your message to go like this:

"I voted for the wrx because the stang is only good at drag racing it sucks at handling, where is the wrx i find to be much more fun to drive"

WRX's are known for their impressive handling. Not to say that Mustangs suck at handling, nowadays they are great.

However since this is so broad of a competition.....the old Mustangs that were great on the dragstrip sucked at cornering due to the large engines in the front and ancient technology. I love muscle cars but good for handling curves they were not.
 
So i guess a 220hp station wagon has as much a chance around the track as a 500hp muscle car huh?
 
OK, this was an easy one. One is high-tech, the other is from (and is still stuck in) the dark ages - when forging metal was a new idea... :dopey:

Gotta go high-tech on this one!

Actually this is weird for me, as I'll usually always choose a car with lineage, class and style over some massively produced tin-can. In this case though, guess I just don't like Mustangs that much. :)
 
The 03 Cobra owns the WRX and will even handle damn well with some suspension modifications however it is meant more for straight line speed than anything. Like this guy I know says, the new Cobra's are the Supras of the domestic world.
 
1996 Subaru Impreza Wagun
1996_Subaru_Impreza_Gravel_EX.jpg

vs
1969 Shelby GT500
shelaunch.jpe


ed: 96 vs 69 hahaha! lollerz!
 
I prefer RWD handling over AWD any day. And if you're making fun of the Mustang for being named after a horse, what's the Impreza named after? I have no idea what that could possibly mean in any language.
 
Ok, now i have an idea. I am going to recreate the competition. I will let the people vote on what cars they want in the challenge. I will make it like the nba playoffs. 2 cars face off. 2 more cars face off. Youknow what happends next. How does that sound?
 
Ram-Rod
Ok, now i have an idea. I am going to recreate the competition. I will let the people vote on what cars they want in the challenge. I will make it like the nba playoffs. 2 cars face off. 2 more cars face off. Youknow what happends next. How does that sound?
It sounds complicated, but if you can make it work, then more power to ya. :)

Don't kill this one just to create another one though - at least let this one run it's course...

You could just try making the polls more specific like 'MY00 Subaru Impreza WRX (not STI) vs. R32 GTS-t'. Then there'd be less scope for critisism (speeling?) I think.

Your threads though dude, so it's up to you... :)
 
Impreza of course, but next time let's be more specific. There is way too many Imprezas to compare. I think it's a little unfair for the opposing car. Like '05 Mustang vs the STi Spec-C. How the hell did the Impreza beat the Skyline though?
 
bah.... muscle car sucks.... 👎👎👎
 
The Mustang has a V-8.
The Impreza has an inline-4.

Four-cylinders suck.

Also, the Mustang looks better, sounds better, and is more fun to drive.
 
My vote is going to go to the Subaru. As for what was said about the Impreza being a 4 cylinder and 4 cylinders suck just think about it like this. Maybe a 4 cylinder but it still pushes out close to 300 hp and usually 250-275 tq. So for it being a 4 cylinder it definately makes that power and torque to keep up with the v8's and it will always get the jump off the line against a Mustang since it's AWD. I love AWD for the off the line jump and cornering.
 
Cosmic
tofst100x70aniav5el.gif

Guess my vote :sly:

I can not figure it out which one are you voting for? Do you like to see Mustang get trashed around? or do you actually like Mustang. 💡
 
Sti04
I can not figure it out which one are you voting for? Do you like to see Mustang get trashed around? or do you actually like Mustang. 💡
If you see a Mustang getting trashed around insted of an Impreza what do you think? :dunce:
 
umfogotmyname21
My vote is going to go to the Subaru. As for what was said about the Impreza being a 4 cylinder and 4 cylinders suck just think about it like this. Maybe a 4 cylinder but it still pushes out close to 300 hp and usually 250-275 tq. So for it being a 4 cylinder it definately makes that power and torque to keep up with the v8's and it will always get the jump off the line against a Mustang since it's AWD. I love AWD for the off the line jump and cornering.
RWD is more fun to corner with though. The Impreza feels less lively than the Mustang, and the Mustang makes a beautiful sound with racing mufflers.

Also, Imprezas and every Lancer Evo after III are ugly.
 
Its such a wide range. But i'm going to assume you mean recent ones. Say... a new WRX vs. a new mustang GT. There about the same price. The Mustang has more torque and horsepower than a WRX. It will beat the WRX in a drag race, or from a roll. and the newer mustangs handle pretty well, and you can do nice burnouts. If were comparing the more expensive STI to a Mustang, heck. I'll lay down the same amount for an '03 Cobra with a couple mods, and whoop the STI in every category except for gas milage.

I like the WRX but as far as i'm concerned the Mustang just is a better car.
 
If we cover all 4 GT games it would be the Imprezza LM from GT3 which is king. With stage 4 turbo this had 900 plus ponies under the hood and 4WD.
No mustang in any GT game can come close.
 
Mustangs more of a weekend car.. if i were to do some serious times around the track, id choose the impreza, mainly due to it being more consistent.
 
Back