Improve my drift skills, help needed

Points drifting is an immediate no go. Drifting in Time Trial is what everyone does so try and stick with that. Theres a slight change in physics between Tim trial and Drift trial, Mainly an increase in steering lock. Also try not to be soo twitchy on the steering. Controller sensitivity -2 may help here but being twitchy means you have to correct more. Smooth allows you to be a tad more accurate with the steering inputs and requires less correction if you over steer it.

Apart from that just practise practise practise.

Right ok then, you cant get anyless grip than comfort hards. Just in the video it looks like the effects of racing softs in that near the end of the slide the tyres "dig in" and catch grip but obviously this isnt the case.

Try more angle through the corners and gradually "fade" the angle on the exit rather than just trying to straighten up. It might help to practice this down the straights between corners, Use the E-brake to flick it to one side and try to get the most extreme angle and then flick over to the other side but at the end of it you want to be able to bring the car back straight.

Also as Nismo said, dont read to much into drift mode scores because in effect they are flawed.

Go in free run mode and just have fun with it.

keep posting the advices :D i´ll try it all... i don´t know if i can change the setup for a better result. I´m using the teamsho setup

Ahh right, best to try and tune it yourself to find what works better for you then. After all, only you know how you drift.

If you do end up wanting to use the e-brake here's a tip if you don't know this yet. Set your e-brake as one of the joysticks (example right joystick down) and the e-brake has changed from on and off to a nice fully adjustable e-brake. It takes a little bit to get used to it but it is a better e-brake in my opinion. Feel free to try it

If you do end up wanting to use the e-brake here's a tip if you don't know this yet. Set your e-brake as one of the joysticks (example right joystick down) and the e-brake has changed from on and off to a nice fully adjustable e-brake. It takes a little bit to get used to it but it is a better e-brake in my opinion. Feel free to try it

thanks mate off course i´ll try :D thanks for the tip

lower your spring rates as much as possible for really easy and smooth transitions, same with dampers, you don't want them super hard.

When you want to transition try gearing down then once your car swings the other way gear straight back up and power it, that's what I do on my ds3, you can do the same when you want to end a drift and straighten out, just gear down and your car will straighten out . Good look

Also I have my gears as x and square :)

You Look like you're having a great time out there on the track man, you are getting there. 👍👍

I never thought about that. I will try this and the Time Trial drift instead of Drift mode myself. 💡👍

ORPHANTHIRTY7
You are improving. Looking good

I think i have seen you in that car before online.

i was my first time today !!! i think the car a little bit hard online, a few tests on the supension and its getting better :) i try to find a room with the pros to learn with :)

And thank you all very much to spend some time in my crappy video :)

Pit Crew
I never thought about that. I will try this and the Time Trial drift instead of Drift mode myself. 💡👍

Works great and now I drift on the wheel and i use no abs and 0 in the front and 7-8 in the rear for brake balance and it feels just like a e-brake. No problem

funkthehype
i was my first time today !!! i think the car a little bit hard online, a few tests on the supension and its getting better :) i try to find a room with the pros to learn with :)

And thank you all very much to spend some time in my crappy video :)

Yeah join rooms more often.

No problem just glad to see that you are improving

Send the FR, but i cant slide right now !!! have to put my baby to sleep!!! sorry mate, hope to run with you soon as possible :)

funkthehype
Sure mate, it'll be a honor :)

Ok cool.

funkthehype
Send the FR, but i cant slide right now !!! have to put my baby to sleep!!! sorry mate, hope to run with you soon as possible :)

Yep no problem I got it and accepted friend request. And same to you. I chill with a lot of people on GT5. Pretty much are all great drifters on here. You will learn and improve a lot by drifting with the community. Just have fun bro you'll get it.

We sleep yesterday watching Initial-D :D hahahahahahahahaha i will connect today too... have to finish the suspension job !!!!

funkthehype
We sleep yesterday watching Initial-D :D hahahahahahahahaha i will connect today too... have to finish the suspension job !!!!

Glad you came online and chilled with my friends and me. You are a pretty chill guy. You are improving a lot. Glad we were able to discover what a big issue was. It's kind of funny thinking about it because that was one of my issues when i started drifting on here. In a few days let me know when you get on and i will help you out with some other things ok.

Glad you came online and chilled with my friends and me. You are a pretty chill guy. You are improving a lot. Glad we were able to discover what a big issue was. It's kind of funny thinking about it because that was one of my issues when i started drifting on here. In a few days let me know when you get on and i will help you out with some other things ok.

Thank you man, i have so much fun las night... you and your buddies was very nice to me and teach me very nice things, it change my way to drive and change gears, the way to enter in the corners, it was a mind blowing

f97d033e87ca.gif

It became a lot more harder, witch is good because now i can push foward and improve...

I was wondering, now that i will change the way i drive, maybe i will need a car less grippy, i don't know:dunce: you guys gave me so much information yesterday, i don't know how how to manage this :nervous:, YET but i will :D

by the way: Naruto have an gtplanet account ? i want to thank him too for the car :dopey:

i'm very lucky to see you guys slidind... thank you Zach, hope to meet you and your buddies soon 👍

Back