IMSA Replicas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pat_774
  • 238 comments
  • 37,822 views
A few weeks ago I made the "Wynn's" Riley too ! Thanks to @Cytoria I got the final decals to complete the livery !

8431389497294325280_23.jpg

This livery is ready for download


Before the updated livery, I made two photo's on the short oval..
6125560773058002960_0.jpg


6269675967439994904_0.jpg




Also, I like to make 'alternative' liveries based on the originals. The first alternative of the Wynn's riley I made with a semi matt grey color !
7422584272019523112_23.jpg
 
MMX
This might be frowned upon, but the Renault's shape is so close to the Hyundai Veloster, I had to use it.

That Veloster looks awesome. I took more liberities with mine, yours is very accurate!
 
What a fantastic collection of liveries everyone. I just joined here, but I've seen some of these in the game before, and I hope I reposted them! I've recreated a few Porsche 935s that I saw at Porsche Rennsport Reunion VI; I hope you enjoy my efforts.

My first attempt: Peter Gregg's 1979 Brumos 1979

full


View media item 48102View media item 48101
My second livery: 1979 Interscope 935
View media item 48088View media item 48095View media item 48096
My third and best livery: the very first 935 from 1976

View media item 48087View media item 48090View media item 48093View media item 48094
And all three:
View media item 48089
I hope you all enjoy!
 
Man, every single one of these liveries are very sharp. Absolutely excellent work. The detail is incredible.
 
Man, every single one of these liveries are very sharp. Absolutely excellent work. The detail is incredible.

Thanks so much! Though I must admit, the pinstripes on the Brumos are a bit shaky, as I was just learning how to use the livery editor (you can't really tell from these shots, however).
 
Thanks so much! Though I must admit, the pinstripes on the Brumos are a bit shaky, as I was just learning how to use the livery editor (you can't really tell from these shots, however).
I’m just blown away at the creative talent. This is why I like to check out threads like this one and follow a lot of people that put serious thought to their work. I think mine are better than average but still no where close to others. Don’t mean to sound like a total nerd but creating liveries is like therapeutic to me. I enjoy it as much as racing.
 
Legodude....Excellent work. Imma have to do that Martini one. One of my all time fave 935's. I'm inspired.

Dogwolf Im the same. Not much racing yet for me.

A few more. Had a lot of fun making these:
8287186335871042580_0.jpg

8295634991674590228_0.jpg

7286841868949651460_0.jpg

7431040609487454740_0.jpg

7133772257957021204_0.jpg

7134274726331974676_0.jpg

Dont know why the rothmans is showing purple. Its blue on my tv.
7134292316302344212_0.jpg
 
Legodude....Excellent work. Imma have to do that Martini one. One of my all time fave 935's. I'm inspired.

Thanks, Snakebitten. If you want any reference pictures of the Martini 935, I have a lot I can share with you, including eight of my own.
 
Nice of you to offer Legodude......Thanks much appreciated but I have a ton. Imma do the Number one since you did the number 4. Always loved these. I will have the challenge of making the 4 fogs in the front work:)
 
Nice of you to offer Legodude......Thanks much appreciated but I have a ton. Imma do the Number one since you did the number 4. Always loved these. I will have the challenge of making the 4 fogs in the front work:)

Awesome, good luck! These early Martini 935s are the handsomest ones, I think, even though they're less well known than the Moby Dick style Martini 935s. At least that's my take on it.
 
Thx. I agree. These are my favorite 935’s. Love the Mobys too but these are the ones I graivitate to. I actually have a few Exoto models of them. Interscope and Martini #3

EDIT:
Still work in progress. I just cant find any martini side stripes that work so I got stuck doing the cheesy route. I really like Legodudes rear treatment but I tried a different route. I like it but I like Legodudes better lol. Anyone have another source for Martini side stripes? G-T.com doesnt have one that works easily...

Some WIP pics.
7134283522292875796_0.jpg

6989609791032165908_0.jpg

6999179940642981404_0.jpg

6998616990691656212_0.jpg


A variation:
8286642077682369044_0.jpg
 
Last edited:
Still work in progress. I just cant find any martini side stripes that work so I got stuck doing the cheesy route. I really like Legodudes rear treatment but I tried a different route. I like it but I like Legodudes better lol. Anyone have another source for Martini side stripes? G-T.com doesnt have one that works easily...

It looks good! I also tried to look for some good side stripes, but I couldn't find any I liked, and the colors were slightly different than what I thought was accurate. I ended up just using only in-game decals for the side stripes, which brought me right up to the decal limit. It's not perfect, but I think it worked well enough.
 
I also had a viper in the design of it automtive. but I dont make replicas because you have to use the standard number plates and these are in the races. Would find it great if PD give us more stuff for this.
 
Slenderman and Lebowski fantastic jobs.

Legodude thats also what I had to do to back half the Martini stripe on the rear. I matched the colors as close as possible . The outcome is ok I guess but not as polished as I like things to be....

4684391298382201864_0.jpg

4692835549430449160_0.jpg
 
Thanks Lego but the only difference I see is we used different wheels probably because of different reference pics since there are tons of Brumos Porsches. I think yours looks just as good and I like the black mirrors on yours.
 
Very cool replicas. The Mazdas are excellent-looking cars in real life!
 
Back