In depth maintenance.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 37 comments
  • 2,505 views
I like in depth maintenance, but even more, I like in depth tuning. I want it all (but don't expect it).
 
I like the thought,
but I don't like load times.
And I wouldn't like maintenance every time before I race. So time consuming
 
Meaning checking colour + level of all fluids, a top up or replacing all fluids, replacing air, oil & fuel filters.Also the maintenance could be done in general like every 5,000 miles ( 8,000 km ) or more or less for different cars.Could also replace wearing parts like brake pads, brake discs, tyres & maybe exhausts.Also could replace damaged parts.This could be done at the car dealers.

Do you work at Kwik-Fit?
 
^^ No i did work at a specialist dealer.
 
Washing your car and having to change oil sucks. I hope they dont include that garbage.
All it translates to is extra load times and time that should be spent on the track.
What I do not like the maintenence idea.
Having no oil change and car wash is going overboard.👎
 
Washing your car and having to change oil sucks. I hope they dont include that garbage.
All it translates to is extra load times and time that should be spent on the track.
Unless you count the animations I don't recall them causing load times in GT4.
 
Yes, I think it would be nice for an option for hardcore sim fans. I think it's a part of driving education.
 
Since damage is gonna be there, and lets hope its a good model (mechanical and cosmetic), i'm sure people would be too busy repairing their cars, and given that it was mentioned that you could practically change any part of the car, people would be even busier in that. But we're already asking PD for too much, why not leave this for like GT6?
 
Back