In the next GT installment, what content from prior GT games should return?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 54 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
And I'm actually solely talking about returning stuff, and not potentially new stuff that could appear.

Here were my ideas:
-All songs by Daiki Kasho (including from GT4 Prologue), the Snoop Dogg GT3 song, and the two versions of "Moon over the Castle" from GT4.

-For menu songs, perhaps there could be different menu playlists which bring back tracks from older games. So if you're going to the Home tab, it could pick one of the garage themes from the older games.

-Race Modifications from GT5, but it could re-appear as a way to turn a road car into its equivalent Gr.4 or Gr.3 version if it's one of the made-for-game cars, including the "homologations specials" like for the Alfa Romeo 4C, or the Peugeot RC-Z.

-The rallying event that use randomized courses. In fact, I wouldn't mind both course makers from GT5 and GT6 being available side-by-side, perhaps as separate "modes."

-The Goodwood Hillclimb, at least as a course. I'd love to see the video content for various "special guest" events from GT5 and 6 - like for Sebastien Loeb or Senna - at least be viewable via the Gran Turismo channel tab, if the "channel" tab returns in the next game's equivalent to Brand Central.

-Specifically unlockable skins and/or gear, like the Senna helmets/suits from GT6. Perhaps stuff like the 15th anniversary skin could become available as an aesthetic addition to the cars it appeared on in GT6. Other content could be made available like this, such as the Red Bull X2014 Nations Cup skins, Lucas Ordonez's new helmet design, or the AI liveries in GT League.

-As a potential design standpoint, I did like the Tuner Village tab in GT4. But at the same time, I think they could appear as their own brands under Brand Central, such as HPA Motorsports, which could appear as a Canadian label.

-Speaking of GT4, I honestly would love it for the special car name fonts to re-appear. I don't think they've appeared since. We sort of see this in GTS whenever there's a car that won a prize at Pebble Beach or SEMA, plus the custom S2000 that has the "Concept by Gran Turismo" label, but I'd also like a similar label to appear for the cars that were given prizes at the Tokyo Auto Salon, even if PD only did that temporarily. (IIRC the D1GP RX-7 FC was one such winner, alongside that time attack-spec Lancer Evolution IX tuned by HKS.)

-All photomode scapes from GT4, 5, and 6. Not that there seemed to be too many between them, especially compared to Sport alone. Not to mention that Ronda, Spain, was the home of the GT6 launch party, and IIRC there's now a road there named after Kaz. Maybe they could turn Ronda into a city circuit, haha!

-As for cars, I'd really like to see the return of the Toyota MTRC, as well as the Nike One 2022. And for other courses, there's a lot I'd like to see return, too. For example, I'd love to have both versions of the Rome Circuit return. But at the same time, I wouldn't mind PD potentially taking a given locale that was used for a previous games' track - such as Seattle - and remaking it. For one thing, I can guarantee that many of the locales themselves have changed, especially the cities. I could easily see room for improvement with various city courses, like for NYC.

-As an aside, I think when you examine all the events in the campaign modes of various GT games, that some events could be removed due to being redundant to other events. A specific example that comes to mind was the Supercar Festival vs. Premium Sports Lounge, wherein I think the former should be the event that gets featured in the future. And I'd also like it if we could, essentially, experience various campaign events online, by allowing us various customization options when creating rules for a race - especially for limiting particular models, vs. either doing a one-make or allowing any and every car within a given class.

-Finally, for campaign design, I think they should bring back GT4's concept of having events for a particular line of cars, or one-make races under the manufacturer, with the "Beginner/Amateur/Professional/Extreme/Endurance" leagues being for more generalized events, such as the FF Challenge. This could even apply to the FIA and Gran Turismo pages; for example, the latter could feature an event that only has FIA Grade 1 and Grade 2 courses, while also limiting players to real-world GT3 (or LMP1) cars, while the latter could include races featuring cars that are "special to GT," like the Citroen "GT by Citroen" Road Car, or that Indian supercar if/when it's added, as well as the Amuse S2000 that had assistance from PD. Another idea was that races involving karts and/or the Red Bull cars could appear under the Gran Turismo tab, too.

I’ve moved on from GT Auto and visual upgrades in general. However, it’s crazy to me that PD omitted the generic GT Auto carbon rear wing that added +15 downforce.

That aero made a big difference and it’s an absolute staple in making a road car track worthy.

PD could add it to the Livery Editor under the existing ‘racing items’ tab.

Shuffle racing from GT5, Quick Matches from GT6, races specific to each manufacturer dealership from GT4, prize cars from winning offline events from many games, seasonal events from GT5 and 6, and open lobbies with mics plus truly full contact from GT5 Prologue to GT6.

How much time will pass before people start mentioning a certain road course in Belgium?

On a serious note tho, we need a much better upgrade system

GT Auto, car parts etc. should return. The livery editor is a great idea but adding spoilers, changing rims and stuff are the only thing it lacks. I’m torn on oil changes and engine repairs; on one hand they add to the realism, on the other hand infinitely reusable cars with no sign of wear are nice :P

Dynamic weather (and time, although that is there to a small extent) would be really cool in Sport Mode. Race C lends itself to this feature nicely.

How much time will pass before people start mentioning a certain road course in Belgium?

You mean Zolder? :sly:

I really liked GT1 and GT2's racing modifications on normal road cars. Imagine if today's upgrade power and weight on normal road cars in-game are equal to stages in racing modficiations? Ultimately if everything is upgraded, the car should eventually be a Gr.4 car.

Couldn't care less about a single thing mentioned so far, especially Daiki Casho. All i want is the ability to actually sell a car rather than being asked do i want to sell when it actually means do i want to delete.

That is actually a good point. I mostly delete what I don't want from my garage. What is the use of gift cars and trillion duplicates if you can't sell them properly. Surely would help getting those rarer cars as well.

Now let's all just take a moment to picture a daily race with the following conditions.

Night, rain, fog, tyres wear x12, fuel x7, Bathurst 10 laps, 20 cars, Gr4 and Gr3 mixed. Damage ON.
The outcome would be something very similar to Project Cars.
maxresdefault.jpg

I’ve moved on from GT Auto and visual upgrades in general. However, it’s crazy to me that PD omitted the generic GT Auto carbon rear wing that added +15 downforce.

That aero made a big difference and it’s an absolute staple in making a road car track worthy.

PD could add it to the Livery Editor under the existing ‘racing items’ tab

That is something i had never thought of. That would be a great idea! We could then turn our road cars into track ready cars using Mileage points to purchase wings, (proper) weight reduction and upgraded brakes, just like paint, wheels and decals.

(As long as they don't add ricer body kits - This is still Gran Turismo!!)

Shuffle racing from GT5...

It's the 4th most requested feature in the suggestions forum. And, 562 GT Planet members so far have voted in a poll I ran to bring it back in GT6.

Shuffle racing is the best feature PD have ever produced in the GT series imho, & I would dearly love to see it return one day...

5JVhlwl.jpg

Last edited:
Remake the campaign mode base on real Motorsport on different category and have all the rule on it with FIA help. The license test should teach people learn what rule in order to take part in the championship and teach them each about category what they drive on. Qualifying all on campaign mode and you most Win the championship by scoring the most point at the of the season. Having marshal flag and safety car in use in the game, having dynamic weather if they can put in 60FPS or just normal static. Plus have penalties in offline to get people hang of it. Idk what to ask but that what I think so far.

Racing Modification and GT Auto parts. They've done the Gr.4 cars and Gr.3/Gr.B road cars. That's halfway to giving us RMs. Especially with quarter of the amount of cars we got in GT6, should be doable, if the next car list begins at around 300 cars.

Racing Modification and GT Auto parts. They've done the Gr.4 cars and Gr.3/Gr.B road cars. That's halfway to giving us RMs. Especially with quarter of the amount of cars we got in GT6, should be doable, if the next car list begins at around 300 cars.

The way I see it, the fictional Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are the exact same thing as RMs, just under different names and complies with real-life regulations. Like, "do you want a race-prepped Subaru WRX that complies with SRO GT4 specs? Just buy this version that we have upgraded for you!"

I'm also all in for GT Auto parts, but I hope they thrown in some real-life aftermarket parts as well. Like, bring back Tuner Village but this time in the GT Auto menu. This coupled with the excellent Livery Editor would make for some serious personalization of the cars in-game.

The way I see it, the fictional Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars are the exact same thing as RMs, just under different names and complies with real-life regulations. Like, "do you want a race-prepped Subaru WRX that complies with SRO GT4 specs? Just buy this version that we have upgraded for you!"

I'm also all in for GT Auto parts, but I hope they thrown in some real-life aftermarket parts as well. Like, bring back Tuner Village but this time in the GT Auto menu. This coupled with the excellent Livery Editor would make for some serious personalization of the cars in-game.
Thing is, the next installment would allow Gr.4/RM for cars "they forgot" to make.
Like, Gr.4. RC F Gr.4 but not LC500 Gr.4. I understand it took PD time to build the fictional race cars(converting an FF to MR Gr.3, etc.). Hey, if the name Racing Modification to Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B Conversions, that'd be fine with me.

I understand it took PD time to build the fictional race cars(converting an FF to MR Gr.3, etc.). Hey, if the name Racing Modification to Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.B Conversions, that'd be fine with me.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant. I hope these fictional race versions end up as RMs in the Upgrade menu on the next GT game instead of their own individual slots in the showroom.

All I ask:

Dynamic time of day changes
Dynamic weather

gt6-timehxq5d.gif

You do realize GTS uses a pre-baked raytraced global illumination right?

Although, does anyone know if they could pre-render the whole day from 00:00 to 23:59 in, say, 30 minute increments and then use some technique to to mask the transition between the changes?

Back