Increasing power to the logitech G920

• Thread starter Emil Furman
  • 112 comments
Hello guys I have some questions about upgradeing g29 motors to RS-555PH-18150 all i want to do is change stock ones for new ones (and probably change power suply) what i have to do? im useing it for drift in AC i just need a bit more power and speed nothing crazy.Is it ok just to switch them or i need to do some upgrades to mainboard?

I'd throw some heat sinks on the motors, use some thermal glue to put some heatsinks on the fets and possibly throw a 24v fan in there, I linked 2 depending on where you want to put them. The only downside with the fan is you have to hook up a switch for it or else it will be on whenever the wheels plugged into AC power.

If you can find those motors please let us know, I have all but given up on trying to source them.

Motor heatsinks
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C78FCDB/?tag=gtplanet-20

FET heatsinks
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078KB7V5J/?tag=gtplanet-20

Thermal glue
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L7WFSJ2/?tag=gtplanet-20

30v 3a Power Supply (should be able to find it cheaper)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UWKZTK4/?tag=gtplanet-20

Fan
60mm fan (mounted on top)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GX9P48F/?tag=gtplanet-20
35mm fan (mounted in grills)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V1M74CG/?tag=gtplanet-20

i would like to put 2 small fans at sides insted of 1 big . Where i need to wire in fans for them to work ? and what FETS i need to protect from heat (can u take pic and poit them ? please) and can i use smaller power suply (like this one: LINK )(9-24V 3a) or it needs to be 30v 3a it sound too much for me scared of destroying wheele
Will this Motor's work: LINK

Last edited:
Wire the input power of the wheel to a switch and attach the fans to that switch blowing into the housing. Increase the size or make some extra vent holes on the top for the hot air to escape.

The FETS that need heat sinks on them are the ones in the first picture of this thread.

No point in changing to that power supply, it is the same voltage as stock. I have been sending 30.8 volts to my wheel for over a year with no problems. Anything above 30.9v will not allow the wheel to calibrate but does not harm it in any way, the FETs are rated for 60v and the motors are rated to 30v the heatsinks will allow the power to stay consistent.

That motor won't work, it needs to have a shaft coming out of the back for the sensor.

Last edited:
so i can keep stock FETS with new morots? as long as i dont go over 30v PSU and if i put heatsinks on them with fan?

motor's: LINK

Last edited:
Yes those are the motors and no further changes should be needed. Let me know if that actually works as I have tried ordering them from a shady website and they never showed.

Last edited:
i will try find another site on that one i need to pay over 30$ just for shipping thats too much for me , especially that i have no clue will they actually arrive. maby this one LINK From amazon.

Will this update of wheele help it to stop shakeing from left to right? , all setting i tryed didnt fix issue

Last edited:
Not sure why it would shake, maybe center dead zone? That looks like the motor, unfortunately for me, I can't buy it in my region.

yea i cant buy that one too they dont deliver to my country ..

i found few videos on YT about shake left to right and their settings dont help me not even LUT file helps...i cant drive straight without it shakeing like crazy......

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I found this thread after seeing someone mention upgrading their G29 on Reddit & to be honest, even though the stock FFB strength seems enough for my twig arms, I would like to carry out an upgrade. I've found quite specific motors that should fit, but I'm having some issues, mainly:

- They push 0.04Nm torque each where as the stock G29 ones are ~0.02 each;
- I'm worrying that just passive heatsinks won't do a good job at cooling the components (motors & mosfets) which could make the wheel overheat & potentially fry something on the board at worst;
- I'm not sure if I will be able to use them with the standard power supply, considering the motors are 24V & 1.2A each (but also 7000RPM);

The other thing is that those motors come from a Canon printer (no idea which, though) so trying to find another ones of those is pretty much impossible unless you track-down the printer they came from. I've searched far & wide for them on the interwebz but found nothing similiar; the motors in question are RS-555SH-TD058419

Any kind of help would be appreciated as I don't want to destroy my wheel completely just yet :lol:

I was brought here from an internet search to replace the motor in my Driving Force Pro since the last one shorted out and melted one of the internal windings (still works, but it's too jerky to use), so sorry if this is kind of the wrong thread. But I can't find anything about replacement so I made an account here looking for solutions.

I figured the motors used in both wheels are similar, but I think I was wrong. Searching for those motors online gets a ton of different results, but the motor for the DFP has an encoder shaft on the other side that I need, and the motors don't have it. Does anyone happen to know the stock motor part number for the Logitech Driving Force Pro (not the GT)? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found part RS-395, is this the right one?

Last edited:
No idea, these motors are impossible to get. Everyone has switched to brushless, logitech is the only company that is still using the same motors they have been for the past 15 years.

Hello everyone. I found this thread after seeing someone mention upgrading their G29 on Reddit & to be honest, even though the stock FFB strength seems enough for my twig arms, I would like to carry out an upgrade. I've found quite specific motors that should fit, but I'm having some issues, mainly:

- They push 0.04Nm torque each where as the stock G29 ones are ~0.02 each;
- I'm worrying that just passive heatsinks won't do a good job at cooling the components (motors & mosfets) which could make the wheel overheat & potentially fry something on the board at worst;
- I'm not sure if I will be able to use them with the standard power supply, considering the motors are 24V & 1.2A each (but also 7000RPM);

The other thing is that those motors come from a Canon printer (no idea which, though) so trying to find another ones of those is pretty much impossible unless you track-down the printer they came from. I've searched far & wide for them on the interwebz but found nothing similiar; the motors in question are RS-555SH-TD058419

Any kind of help would be appreciated as I don't want to destroy my wheel completely just yet :lol:
You all are so smart getting the voltage higher to get stronger FFB - did nobody consider getting stronger motors that would run at less voltage ? For instance 24v motor exchanged to 18V or even 12V would give you double the strength - pull more Amps on same supply !

did nobody consider getting stronger motors that would run at less voltage ?
I did consider that in my further testing as it was making sense, but all the motors with lower voltages I could find had the same or less peak torque which would be just a money waste if you were to swap them, hence why I ended up searching for something more powerful, like a RF-545 motor

Just find this... So, anyone can find those motors? I have a G27 and really want more torque. Hope you're fine and have a good day!

So, anyone can find those motors?
Search for 540, 550 or 555 class motors on places like eBay or Aliexpress. Just be sure to not get any motors that are too strong for the circuitry of the G27 as the mainboard might let out some magic smoke after a while; torque increase of 0.02Nm might be able to work well

Search for 540, 550 or 555 class motors on places like eBay or Aliexpress. Just be sure to not get any motors that are too strong for the circuitry of the G27 as the mainboard might let out some magic smoke after a while; torque increase of 0.02Nm might be able to work well
Thanks! I assumme it should be 24v right? 550 are very common

Think I'm ready with two of these? Also, i need an upgraded PSU right?
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure if a PSU upgrade will be necessary. The control board might get somewhat hotter than it does with the stock motors, but I don't think it will have issues with power delivery. Altough, after looking at the listing you linked, it seems that those motors provide pretty much the same torque rating as the stock ones, so I don't think you will feel any more force than you do now. You will need to look for motors that have more than 150g.cm while also not being too power hungry

That is more than enough as the stock motors are like 4000RPM if I remember correctly, your wheel will definitely fly from lock to lock now. Altough calculating its torque, it seems like it's only 0.003Nm which seems really extremely low, so you will need to search some more.

Use this to calculate their torque:
https://www.electrical4u.net/calcul...calculation-formula-torque-calculator-online/
If that calculator is right, at this moment with 24v, 1.75a and 4000 or so RPM, the torque would be 0.1nm. if that's true, 0.3 sounds amazing to me. Like how many RPM I'm looking for? Until it breaks i mean

any link where you find your motor ... if we only want to stay stock where we must order the stock motor ? here my problem :

THIS VIDEO

Exactly the same sound ... is it the electric motor is dead ?

if I can found the 18150 motor is it a plug and play motor ?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Hello everyone. My G29 just started heavily jittering and smoke came off it while playing some AC, I unplugged its cord and let it cool off as soon as possible. After it cooled down, I plugged it back in. Nothing happened at first but when I pushed it a bit, it started doing the calibration but again extremely jittery/steppy. I unplugged and tried turning it; it was stiffer than I remember. I tried plugging it in again and smoke came off from the right vent immediately.

I don't know where to ask as I'm out of warranty and couldn't find any threads regarding to this.

Latest Posts

Back