Incredible Toyota restoration

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke
  • 22 comments
  • 1,285 views
Compare picture 4 to picture 295. :eek: That's INSANE!
 
Wow.

It is only in projects such as these that the general public understands how amazing the field of car restoration really is.

By the way, did that car go on to race?
 
I doubt it. That's most likely a $250,000 restoration job at least. I doubt the new owner wants to risk it.
 
Wow, that is truely amazing. Great work, those guys are obviously professionals. That car looks fantastic.
 
I went through around 70 pictures thinking "Why bother?" until I realized what it actually was. Well worth the resto in the end. 👍
 
That's probably the most thorough job I've ever seen. That's amazing work. I have no clue what it is beyond a Toyota rally car (I didn't even no they raced rally cars). So what is this thing and why is it so worthy of this huge restoration?
 
:eek: *in a state of amusement*
Wow....that is totally sick. I can't believe those guys actually restored the car! I mean at first the car looks like a rust bucket! They did changed almost every part of the car. Amazing job!! But i think money wasn't their problem (saw a lot of expensive cars in the background, even a De Tomasso!)
 
I believe it is a 3rd generation Celica, which was used quite a bit for rally.

Toyota has done a fair amount of rallying in its history with various models, notably the Celica, MR2 and Corolla being used at a variety of levels.
 
Group B. Nuff said.
 
WOW...

And quite an interesting row of cars coming and going :drool:
 
That's a great restoration. Although the cost to restore it will far outway the actual value of the car - it can't spend the rest of it's life sat in a museum, competition cars are ment to be used!
 
That's a great restoration. Although the cost to restore it will far outway the actual value of the car - it can't spend the rest of it's life sat in a museum, competition cars are ment to be used!

You know I saw this site linked earlier in the year, but I forgot about it. And I swear that it was at Goodwood this year, I mean there can't be many mint looking celica turbo rally cars about.

I need to look through my photos of it or bug the hell out of James to see if he remembers. I know a near identcal car was there though at the toyota history bit.
 
Wasn't it a Toyota theme at Goodwood FoS this year?
 
Wasn't it a Toyota theme at Goodwood FoS this year?

I guess, so seeing as they had all those cars suspended waaaaaay up outside the big house part. Tbh the celica was sitting next to a Toyota 7 and a Toyota CanAm (I think) car, so it was a bit overshadowed.
 
Wow amazing. I looked at the Delta aswell, pretty damn awesome
 
Great project.

I love how every nut and bolt is laid out next to it's part all neat and systematic...

...until you get to pic 230!
 
You know I saw this site linked earlier in the year, but I forgot about it. And I swear that it was at Goodwood this year, I mean there can't be many mint looking celica turbo rally cars about.

I need to look through my photos of it or bug the hell out of James to see if he remembers. I know a near identcal car was there though at the toyota history bit.



I doubt it's either of them.
 
It looks identical to the clean one. I'd bet a doughnut it's the same car.
 
But wholly cow! What a project.


This seemed appropriate.

Nah. There needs to be some steel in there. It'd never stay up if it were wholly cow.

But sweet jay-sus, that's a nicely done project.
 
Looking at the rest of their site, they are a pretty prestigous garage. That Gumpert Apollo is absolutely horendous though. :sick:
 
Back