• Thread starter kolio
  • 51 comments

kolio

I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas
Premium
United States
the bottom of my heart.
kolio123

Qualifying Results will be finalized on March 7th, 2014, any times after that date will not be scored!
Race day is on March 8th!

Here it is guys! This will be a one time event for driver who qualify! I have have been told that these are actually close to what an IRL Indy Car would actually run in real life. The point of this is to get away from the near 300mph speeds at Indianapolis Speedway with the Formula Gran Turismos. I thought it would be cool to tame this car down a little and make a "realistic" event out of it! Hope to see you guys on the track!

If you are interested, be sure to leave your GTP Name and PSN in the following format:
GTP: kolio123
PSN: kolio123

The Indianapolis 500 will be held on March 8th, 2014. The time will be at 2:30 P.M. Eastern Time.
Qualifying
  • Qualifying is open until March 7th!
Procedure
  1. You must enter the public lobby named "Indy 500 Practice/Qualifying".
  2. You must NOT enter the course until authorized by the room host(kolio123)!
  3. You will be told when to enter the pits and then when to exit and qualify.
  4. Once you exit the pits you will hold the line on the bottom side of the track using the access road until the backstretch. You will be allowed to go as fast as you can to maintain your speed through your qualifying laps.
  5. Crossing the line to begin your first timed lap will count as your out lap.
  6. After completing your first timed lap you will have two more timed laps to get a better time.
  7. When done, it should say you are on lap 5, giving you a total of 3 timed laps.
  8. Your best time over the 3 timed laps will be recorded and used as an entry for the race
Race Day
  • Race Day will be on March 8th, 2014.
  • Time: 2:30 P.M. Eastern Time
  • Drivers are expected to be there at least 20 minutes prior to the race start.
Car Regulations
  • 650hp
  • 720kg
  • Racing Tires of your choice!
  • Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  • Active Steering - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management - Prohibited
  • Driving Line - Prohibited
  • Traction Control - Prohibited
  • ABS - Available
Event Setting
  • Mechanical Damage will be set to "Light"
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge will be set to "Real"
  • Slipstream will be set to "Real"
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption will be set to "Normal"
Racing Rules

1. Drivers must follow the following procedure to qualify for the race.
  2. Driver must not use the access road for a faster lap time after exiting it upon out lap.
Note: If more than 16 drivers sign up you will have to qualify your way into the race. The top 16 qualifying times will be allowed into the race. If a race qualified driver does not show up, the next fastest will get to enter the race.

Race Procedure and Rules
  1. Upon race start driver will get into designated positions before entering turn 3.
  2. Drivers(especially the guys on the first row) will hold a consistent speed of 100mph/161kmh(Very easy if you set your first gear to hold that speed:P)! Note: The guys on the outside rows might have to go a bit faster to keep up as you are covering more ground. Also, the start line will be shown to everybody upon race day and/or qualifying.
  3. The grid will be 3 wide with 5 rows. It will look like so:
1---2---3
4---5---6
7---8---9
10-11-12
13-14-15
  • All drivers are expected to be clean racers along with attitudes!
  • Drivers are expected to race fairly and honest at all times, if an accident occurs, say sorry and be nice. Blaming and hatred towards one another will not be tolerated.

Got questions? Be sure to ask! You can private message me or post a reply! Some information is not all the way done on the OP!

Thread is under construction for a short time :)

Last edited:
Official Qualifying Results
Position - Time - PSN

1st - 0:40.168 - Kips_Haulin_:censored:
2nd - 0:40.182 - Maple_Leaf_000
3rd - 0:40.211 - kolio123
4th - 0:40.292 - HOLD-UR-LINE
5th - 0:40.312 - LAZERKATZzZz
6th - 0:40.401 - JVick1397
7th - 0:40.409 - carlin-hicks
8th - 0:40.513 - NORML_N
9th - 0:40.514 - racefan8850
10th - 0:40.613 - Xx-_-DARKRAI-_-X
11th - 0:40.747 - F1Cheetor
12th - 0:40.810 - Miles-999
13th - 0:40.856 - Travis Daily
14th - 0:41.913 - PRO_RIDER75

Last edited:
Official Race Results
1st - Miles-999
2nd - JVick1397
3rd - Kips_Haulin_:censored:
4th - LAZERKATZzZz
5th - kolio123
6th - NORML_N
7th - F1Cheetor

Good job guys, great race and few cautions!

Last edited:
Very Excited for this, if anyone is quite off pace or having some difficulties msg me and i'll test with you and help you with your tune if you want :D
How generous!

If you are interested, be sure to leave your GTP Name and PSN in the following format:

thank kolio for a good day with formula gran turismo
I know you definitely had a better time possible, but it didn't happen. Hey, glad you ran for a little while tonight, had a nice clean and fun room!

It was also cool to see more new people! Expecting a decent turnout after seeing how it went tonight! 👍

When's your next practice? I'm still 2 seconds behind the leader... got to get a good setup.
Practice is going on now! Make sure you are tuning in an online lobby as the physics may be different!

Room Number is 1472-6399-8408-2429-3413 Session is now over!
By the way, good to see you, I won your Indy race with the Camaros! 👍

Last edited:
Practice/Qualifying Room is open! Title is "Indy 500 Practice/Qualifying"
Everybody is welcome!

Room Number: 1472-6118-3830-2747-2453

Room Closed

Last edited:
I would like to sign up.

Gtp:racefan88
psn: racefan8850

Is there any specific time when qualifying rooms will be up?

I would like to sign up.

Gtp:racefan88
psn: racefan8850

Is there any specific time when qualifying rooms will be up?
Hey there! Welcome and a room will be up for practice and qualifying shortly after today's Daytona 500 is over!

Will you be on before that? I go to bed at about 10:00 EST.
Also, be sure to test in an online lobby with tire wear on normal and grip on real!

Qualifying Results will be finalized on February 27th, any times after that date will not be scored!

Here it is guys! This will be a one time event for driver who qualify! I have have been told that these are actually close to what an IRL Indy Car would actually run in real life. The point of this is to get away from the near 300mph speeds at Indianapolis Speedway with the Formula Gran Turismos. I thought it would be cool to tame this car down a little and make a "realistic" event out of it! Hope to see you guys on the track!

The Indianapolis 500 will be held on March 1st, 2014. The time will be at 2:30 P.M. Eastern Time.

The most recent qualifying room number for qualifying will be posted here.
Room Number:

Room Setting and Car Regulations
Car Regulations
Engine
  • Your car cannot exceed 650 Horsepower

Chassis

• Your car must weigh at least 720kg
  • The additional 170kg may be placed anywhere you wish
Suspension, aero, transmission and drivetrain is not regulated.
Driving Assists
  • Skid Recovery Force - Prohibited
  • Active Steering - Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management - Prohibited
  • Driving Line - Prohibited
  • Traction Control - Prohibited
  • ABS - Available
Rules
Qualifying Procedure and Rules
  1. You must enter the public lobby named "Indy 500 Practice/Qualifying".
  2. You must NOT enter the course until authorized by the room host(kolio123)!
  3. You will be told when to enter the pits and then when to exit and qualify.
  4. Once you exit the pits you will hold the line on the bottom side of the track using the access road until the backstretch. You will be allowed to go as fast as you can to maintain your speed through your qualifying laps.
  5. Crossing the line to begin your first timed lap will count as your out lap.
  6. After completing your first timed lap you will have two more timed laps to get a better time.
  7. When done, it should say you are on lap 5, giving you a total of 3 timed laps.
  8. Your best time over the 3 timed laps will be recorded and used as an entry for the race
Tire wear and fuel consumption will be on normal and grip reduction will be set to real.

Note: Qualifying rooms are also open for just practice until somebody is ready to qualify!

1. Drivers must follow the following procedure to qualify for the race.
  2. Driver must not use the access road for a faster lap time after exiting it upon out lap.
Note: If more than 16 drivers sign up you will have to qualify your way into the race. The top 16 qualifying times will be allowed into the race. If a race qualified driver does not show up, the next fastest will get to enter the race.

Race Procedure and Rules
  1. Upon race start driver will get into designated positions before entering turn 3.
  2. Drivers(especially the guys on the first row) will hold a consistent speed of 100mph/161kmh(Very easy if you set your first gear to hold that speed:P)! Note: The guys on the outside rows might have to go a bit faster to keep up as you are covering more ground. Also, the start line will be shown to everybody upon race day and/or qualifying.
  3. The grid will be 3 wide with 5 rows. It will look like so:
1---2---3
4---5---6
7---8---9
10-11-12
13-14-15
  • All drivers are expected to be clean racers along with attitudes!
  • Drivers are expected to race fairly and honest at all times, if an accident occurs, say sorry and be nice. Blaming and hatred towards one another will not be tolerated.

Got questions? Be sure to ask! You can private message me or post a reply! Some information is not all the way done on the OP!

Thread is under construction for a short time :)
Sign me up- PSN: HarskGaming96

I wish I could make the date Saturday but Saturday afternoons are a tough day for me. I ended up getting 40.82x which good to keep with the group. Maybe I'll join the practice sessions just to get a feel.

What time and how long do you usually practice for tonight???

Room will be up as soon as my game boots up! Will provide room number!

Room Number: 1472-6118-3615-5264-1852

Last edited:
what time does the lobby close because im buzzy right now but be on there soon kolio did u see my nascar post 200 hundred lap race and u have to quilify to enter but if it turns out good it will be a fun race the race is on thursday

Back