Industrial music, anyone?...Music 

I wouldn't claim to be a Ministry fan, but just for you.. I'm listening to "Stigmata" (as an honour to the film called "Hardware") and "The Land of Rape and Honey" right now :)

*edit* although I don't like the Nazi screams in "The Land of Rape and Honey" at all..

Were they screaming "Sieg Heil" in the record?

I guess it was sampled somewhere, but this is what I understand from the screams.
While reading the lyrics from the track, I don't have any clue what Ministry wanted to tell with it..

I'd never thought I'd see a KMFDM/Ministry/PIG fan on GTPlanet let alone Los Angeles! Chances are we've been to an LA KMFDM concert at the same time. Wow.....
If you have been to ANY KMFDM show in the greater Los Angeles area since '95: yes. Yes, we have. ;)

A bit of the old Stompy-Stompy for you, oh my Droogies...

artist: Chainreactor
song: X Termination
genre: Power Noize

New Industrial music out of Los Angeles, from the band 3 Teeth. :)

song: Pearls 2 Swine

song: Consent

song: X-Day

...and, a short teaser (at :21 seconds long)...

song: Dissolve Yourself

Industrial beats from Statiqbloom, a new project evocative of Front Line Assembly and mid-era Skinny Puppy. :)

song: Behind Glass

song: Atrophy of Three

song: Separate Worlds

Industrial beats from Statiqbloom, a new project evocative of Front Line Assembly and mid-era Skinny Puppy. :)

song: Behind Glass

MOTHER OF PEARL! This song instantly managed to "goosebump" me. It is AWESOME, it is EPIC, it is even MORE than that..
I'll have to take the time to comment on all other stuff. But I just HAD to reply just "in between" to comment on this..

I really apreciate your postings in this thread (as we "industrial" guys are rare in normal life already). Just keep on posting tracks here!
Btw, there's a "Second Pane" mix for that song with a real guitar. Although I am an EBM head (and thus like full electronic music), I do like the guitar version for the second pane mix..
It is a slow-down version, but it doesn't change things. The main composition is STILL epic and will just sound fine in slower speed :)

Have a listen here:

Skinny Puppy was my favorite band around the turn of the century. While I hated most of their noise crap, they put out some very musical gems that kept me buying their CDs.

Warlock

Testure

Grave Wisdom

There are many more very musical tunes by these guys, but these are some of the best.

Skinny Puppy was my favorite band around the turn of the century. While I hated most of their noise crap, they put out some very musical gems that kept me buying their CDs.

How come I've never posted Worlock here but just Dead Lines?

I've read some myths on the internet about a possible "Official Video" (for Worlock) that never made it to be published. It was featuring clips from like over 25 different (Horror) movies.. I guess what I read was right and they could never get all clips "cleared", to release their vision of an official video at all.
It can, however, still be found on a (if not the most popular) Movie-Clip site on the internet. But I won't direct link there..

On the other side, I really LOVE some of their old work still. Remission is just pure art.
Incision, from their Remission CD:

Back to movie clips..
Front Line Assembly (my personal favourite 90'ies sound) managed to get some scenes of a movie (Gunhed, IMDB tt0097410) into their official video for Mindphaser. While having some in music "speech" samples from Robocop.. Classic :)

In honor of International EBM Day (24th of February, or 24.2), here's a few for ya. :)

artist: Nitzer Ebb + Die Krupps
song: The Machineries of Joy

artist: Front 242
song: Neurobashing

artist: BiGod 20
song: Carpe Diem

While I don't think that Bigod 20's "Carpe Diem" is EBM at all (no offense, I like Bigod 20 ;) ) - I know a LOT of similar tunes that you'd might not have heard of yet :)

*EDIT*

Just when I'm at it.. Front 242 (again) :D

I think Finish Industrial and me will never get friends. Sounds like "Rammstein going for Humppa" to me ;)

*EDIT* the next video has NOTHING to do with what I think about Finish industrial. I don't really know how it came back into my mind. Might be that I haven't heard the Klinik song for quite some time now..

*EDIT2* youtube offers scary stuff when searching for CRD (full spelt).. :scared:
I've decided to add a song name to my search.. 👍

*EDIT3* while I'm at it.. another classic. Too bad I couldn't find a better version on youtube.. Music starts at 1:43. Therefore, the end is clipped at 5:52 somewhere :(

Last edited:
I don't dare to call any music containing guitars to be anything like "this" or "that" type of style. Simply because I don't know for sure..

"Industrial", used in this threads context is just a "term", that will cover a HUGE range of non-mainstream music (in a specific direction) going from industrial/ebm over to rhythm and noise/whatnot.. I don't even know all the sub-terms (maybe google will help).. I've also read that "Industrial" music is defined completely different over in Northern Amercia (with way more guitar sounds) than it is here in Europe (more pure Electronics).
But for the electronic sounding parts there, I have my own taste and try to post some suggestions ;)

Maybe someone else can explain it better than I am capable of.

--

I was listening to War from :W: again, after quite some abstinence.

"Du weisst nicht welcher Hass dort schlummert. Ein sehender wird blind. Und der Bettler, wird der reiche Mann"

Can you call Meshuggah Industrial? Cause if so I like it.
Sorry mate; Meshuggah doesn't fall under any of the various flavors of Industrial. Though, if you fancy Meshuggah, you may want to investigate the Industrial-adjacent genre Neue Deutsche Härte.

I'm hesitant to refer you to the subgenre "Industrial Metal," as I feel it's not a legitimate genre. IMO, it's a bunch of Johnny-come-lately tw:censored:ts that wanted to stick the adjective "Metal" on already existing genres, like Neue Deutsche Härte, Industrial Rock, and the American Coldwave movement (which, itself, is very different from the French Coldwave music movement.) Revisionist history, as it were.

To get you started on Coldwave, try this on one from Acumen Nation (née Acumen):

Last edited:
"Neue Deutsche Härte", I had to check this on Youtube.. I've heard the term before, but couldn't recall any track related to it. I jumped for the very first link and got this (on the 3rd position of that playlist):

Eisbrecher.. Hmm.. Ok. I prefer "Miststück", although I'm not totally into this kind of music. Their "Verrückt" really sounds like (I haven't found an english phrase for what I'd really like to say) "softened" electronic music (due to the bassline), layered on top with some guitars.. Overall, it is just "too soft" for my taste.
The only positive point I see there is, I instantly understand what they're singing and wanting to say. In full contrast to 3TEETH, where I have to google up the lyrics.
From watching their clip, I guess I will like the message that their song is carrying.. and I already appreciate the music :bowdown:. I guess I should search for more clips of them over on youtube :) 👍

Oh great news. They'll have 2 shows over here at the end of next week. Too bad that both shows are "roundabout" 400 Kilometer away from where I live 👎

I think I'll have other plans for that weekend then :banghead:

*EDIT* I just found out that 3TEETH have their own soundcloud "channel"/page. A repository.. I've seen a Dismantled Remix there at a glimpse.. I wonder how it all will sound :)
*EDIT2* Although, I'd really like to remix Pearls 2 Swine myself.. but how to get the "acapella"/"Voice only" version of it :mad:

Last edited:
I'm fully aware of that I should avoid double posting.. But after editing my last post twice already, I found a track that I'd like to post. And I think this track deserves its own post, so hopes are that any Moderator will just let this double post "slip through" for the sake of fine Industrial music :)

And I'm sorry for a "non instant playback at a click" posting, but soundcloud embedding is not working for me here..

https://soundcloud.com/3teeth/nihil-m-rr-ka-ba-remix

This track vs. my taste on music: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:...

I don't like the "smut" on the chorus/flanger effect at times, and I didn't really expect a glitch part in such a track. But nontheless, that bassline gets me going 👍

"Neue Deutsche Härte", I had to check this on Youtube.. I've heard the term before, but couldn't recall any track related to it.
At this point, my guess would be that Rammstein is far and away the most famous Neue Deutsche Härte band, right now. If you like Rammstein, Eisbrecher, and Oomph!, the genre NDH can offer plenty more of the same.

And yar; the M¥rrĦ Ka Ba Remix of NIHIL is BRILLIANT. :)

REALLY liking what 3TEETH is doing; the sound, aesthetic, and socio-political commentary reminds me a lot of KMFDM. Do like. :)

As said, I'm not totally into guitar sounds when reaching out for proper Industrial/EBM sound. But I like some of the tracks.
Which reminds me of, I had access to the Rammstein Promotion (Single) CD of "Du riechst so gut" before they were known even over here in Germany. Must have been back in the 90'ies then if memory serves right.
I wonder what that CD is worth today, in terms of what a real Rammstein fan would pay for that..

Eisbrecher, did you know that their singer has/had (I don't know if it's still airing) a TV Show here in Germany? He's really into cars.. People wrote him their wishes "I'd like to drive a car like that has this and that and whatnot", and he went out to find the car of their dreams..
Slightly offtopic in this thread, but when a friend introduced me to the sound of Eisbrecher with a clip, I knew that I've seen the singer somewhere else before ;) If you want to watch it, search for "der Checker" on Youtube :D

Oomph, I don't really like their music. The media over here (at least in my opinion) gave them an image that I really cannot see myself. I think I'll just keep it for myself what I really think about them :D

Back to 3TEETH. I also really like their sound. I've listened to the M¥rrĦ Ka Ba (thanks to copy + paste :D ) remix COUNTLESS times yesterday. Ok, it is a remix and not 3TEETH themselves.. But I've listened to some of their tracks that I've discovered on their soundcloud page before I totally got hooked. I'm going to check out the rest of their album tracks when I find the time to, but I'm yet quite confident that I'm going to order the CD..
When watching the clip, I HAD to google for the lyrics. As a non native english speaker, I'm having a hard time to fully understand what they are trying to tell me, looking up the lyrics is easier for me.
The clip is nothing for the faint hearted, but it really fits that song very well. I even thought that the speed of the fast-motion sequences is still increasing throughout the track up to the part, where that cosmetic surgeon is beginning to paint. And this in contrast to the music which isn't really fast paced. A combination that makes me think again. A well made piece of art!

I couldn't imagine that current "Industrial" music may still sound great these days, until they proved me wrong.
👍

As a non native english speaker, I'm having a hard time to fully understand what they are trying to tell me
*LAUGHS!!*

As a native English speaker, I have a hard time understanding the lyrics. ;) Vocal effects for the... win? :D

Eisbrecher, did you know that their singer has/had (I don't know if it's still airing) a TV Show here in Germany? He's really into cars.. People wrote him their wishes "I'd like to drive a car like that has this and that and whatnot", and he went out to find the car of their dreams..
Slightly offtopic in this thread, but when a friend introduced me to the sound of Eisbrecher with a clip, I knew that I've seen the singer somewhere else before ;) If you want to watch it, search for "der Checker" on Youtube :D
...I did not know that!

I'll have to investigate this show. Danke! :)

Back