Industrial music, anyone?...Music 

A couple of tracks of stompy Power Noize goodness from The People's Republic of Europe:

song: Disko Neubauten (Original Mix)

song: Demon Rift

and a couple from W.A.S.T.E.:

song: Irradiated Non Future (Rekahoe Mix)

song: Mediaface

Naise. Somewhere between World Music and Power Noize, you have...

artist: Nin Kuji
song: Traditions Keeper

song: Daichi No Musuko / Atatori Musuko

Sorry for a double post.

I was about to post some german EBM classics from 1991, when I realized that the guys in charge decided to dive into the commercial sounding "dark evil" whatnot crap in 2009. That however sounds like an utter crap techno production and I don't really like it.

For the record, I was about to post:
X Marks The Pedwalk - Abbatoir
X Marks The Pedwalk - Abortion

But thanks, no.

I do have some other stuff in my sleeve as a backup :)

Aircrash Bureau - Machine

Aircrash Bureau - Time To Die..

While I'm at it.. it's one o'clock in central Europe :)

hell yeah... CLICK! ... RAN! ... BEWEGT EUCH!

It's just a shame that this kind of music seems to be lost forever. It's all lost due to commercialization.. Even in this scene. At least I feel so.

But yeah, life is a mystery.. and it feels like home..
However..

...too many good shows, not enough cash moneys...

If there's one thing we don't lack here in Los Angeles, it's live Industrial shows. This week, due to lack of funds, I missed Haujobb:

song: Cleaned Vision

song: Dead Market

and I'll be missing Severed Heads:

song: Legion

song: Gashing The Old Mae West

However, I *will* be seeing Front 242! :)

song: Neurobashing

song: Rhythm of Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFgNFIwAz1k

Das Ich dropped their first album on the Industrial scene back in '91, and have been releasing albums since.

A small cross-section of their work presented for you today. :)

song: Sodom und Gomorra

song: Krieg im Paradies

song: Kindgott

Oi, @Blank_Redge :)

Haujobb.. I've seen them live - as a support act for X Marks The Pedwalk, months or even a year before their first CD (Homes & Gardens?) was released. Must have been back '93 or '94.. Yeah, I'm quite old.. But music is timeless :D

I can recommend "Eye over you" from Haujobb (and I LOVE the sampled Led-Zeppelin Drum Loop in it). Best track of their "Homes & Gardens" CD in my opinion:

I've given up on watching "deux quattre deux" live. Because, the last time I went to their show, my ears were hurting HARD. I even needed some ear protection back then.. This also includes "Wilhelm Schroeder's" approach (not meant in a bad way - but just a paraphrasing for "FLA") to music (where I'm totally happy that I had the opportunity to shake his hand and thank him for what his music "has triggered" in me - while taking a foto - if I have a musical idol that's Bill :D ) - the sound was just WAYYYY TOOOOO loud and I have to live with the consequences of it every day now: a "light" form of tinnitus.

But nevermind and back on topic to 242, their "portfolio" of good music is MASSIVE. Up to the evil on/off releases in the 90'ies, I think I can count the tracks I didn't like on their CD's with a single hand..

But, let's just point to a good one :)

On a sidenote, I think the times when the first track of a CD was a real "burner" have passed. Back in the days it was different.
242's "WHYIWYG" vs. FLA's "Final Impact"..
Both track made me listen to the whole album.

Today, I wouldn't really know if I'd like to listen to a "current" full album release from both of them at all..

Yeah. Time has passed, time has changed. I'm old. I know it :mad:

*EDIT* I should listen to more "High-Functioning Flesh" clips on youtube. The three tracks you've posted are promising!

Last edited:
Today, I wouldn't really know if I'd like to listen to a "current" full album release from both of them at all..

Eh, finally picked up Pulse at a used CD store for $4.99, making it 22 years since the last 242 album I bought. To be fair, they waited a decade until releasing it, and I'd not heard of it until about 5-6 years ago.

The leading track, SEQ666, is worth the price of admission...

...but the rest ranged from okay to kind of forgettable.

Last edited:
making it 22 years since the last 242 album I bought.

No go/not enough for me :)
I really LOVED their earlier work.. But as said, when I back then first heard their 90ies Evil On/Off stuff (at a friends house), I instantly was like "no thanks. not for me. I don't like to listen to it at all..".
It was just the same with "FLAvour of the weak". Instant buy (as Wilhelm is my idol), listened once -> shoved it to the dustiest part of my CD shelf. I was so disillusioned, I even missed out on Implode and Epitaph for quite some time.. Which was a bad move from me, but it took me quite some time to realize that.
Both bands have gone through quite some changes in the 90ies. Front 242 earlier, and FLA later (for my taste).
I'm glad that Wilhelm/FLA managed to get the turnaround (for my taste at least) with Epitaph again.. and releases even got better from there on. But then again, Artificial Soldier / Improvised Electronic Devices.. Hmmm.. I can pickpoint tracks that are great, but most of it is just like.. I don't need/have to listen to these tracks.
For FLA, I think it is because Bill decided to jump to the commercial side. How on earth could he release a Soundtrack like "AirMech" under the FLA signature?
*SIDENOTE* I'm fully aware of, that "AirMech" was meant to be a Soundtrack for a game..

While "AirMech" does in fact have quite some tracks I really appreciate and also love to listen to them, there's just no sign of FLA in it to me. FLA sounds different.. FLA doesn't need Dubstep elements in it. If I want to listen to Dubstep, I wouldn't choose FLA as the "go to" project. Other people can do better..

Bill also had quite some other side projects in his life.. (Intermix anyone?) but as said - NO. "AirMech" just ISNT Front Line Assembly to me. Get over it, Wilhelm. Would have been a nice Intermix release or whatever other side projects would have fit to go there..

Wikipedia reveals two more album releases for FLA after "AirMech". But, that's to late for me. I won't even listen to them. The disappointment with "AirMech" was too great for me. Even if I would miss out on great FLA tracks. But I can hardly imagine that this is the case.

If I want to listen to "New-School" / "laundered with fabric softener" kind of music (that I'd like to call "circus/fair" EBM [in my native language]), I'd go for something else.

BTW, not all "New-School" releases from the last decade are bad. There are exceptions. Glis had some great tracks. Even if they are melodic like hell :)

Glis ft. Karloz M. of Manufactura - Redemption:

or, Aslan Faction with "Blunt Force Trauma":

Too bad I missed their show by two weeks, back when I was frequently listening to them.. Still a good track that I like to listen to, from time to time :)

A bit of Noise for you from Hypnoskull.

Hypnoskull is usually spoken of in the same circles as Power Noize and Breakcore, but he has been known to put out various tracks that sound more like Noise.

song: twenty perimeters away from section 293

An alltime classic tune :)

You're in the blackest matter
where no one can breathe..
Where G-Forces rip out your lungs
and your brain starts to freeze..
Deprived of oxygen
your mind starts to drift..
Sinking into a sleep
your pulse grows weak..

Just coming out of a three month Haujobb binge this week. Well, more like sticking Solutions for a Small Planet on repeat while occasionally dipping into their follow-up remix album and Ninetynine. There's such a broad variety of sounds with SFASP yet it manages to be consistent in its quality throughout. Top album.

I actually stopped cycling through those this week after coming across some of Daniel Myer's other musical projects. Mostly his collaborative works with Thorsten Meier:

Checked out Lassigue Bendthaus (Uwe Schmidt) a while ago after someone over on Discogs mentioned one of his albums (Render) commenting on SFASP. Hard to believe this guy went on to become Señor Coconut. :lol:

Umo Detic's Carpe Diem mix also led me to Robotiko Rejekto this week:

Perfekto Mix is best mix

Just coming out of a three month Haujobb binge this week. Well, more like sticking Solutions for a Small Planet on repeat while occasionally dipping into their follow-up remix album and Ninetynine. There's such a broad variety of sounds with SFASP yet it manages to be consistent in its quality throughout. Top album.

I do have quite some problems listening to Haujobb. I don't know why, because when I saw them live the first time (without knowing them at all) - I enjoyed their music. It was way before they had released anything at all - they were supporting XMTP (X Marks The Pedwalk) back then and it was like 2 years later you could buy a Haujobb CD in a shop! I've asked them on their support tour, if they'd sell me a CD. They didn't have any. Desperate like I was back then (because I liked them), I even asked for a "tape" (!!!). Yeah, that's the 90'ies I'm talking about..
But, they also didn't have any tape :(
So I could just wait further until they released "Homes and Gardens", on CD. Two years later..

When thinking about "Homes & Gardens" today, "Eye over You" still comes to mind. It might have been 2 decades by now (I think I'm old):

Awesome track! Plus on top, I really could drool when listening to that Led Zeppelin Drums in an "industrial" track (haha, my favorite FLA had sampled it as well - in a track I wouldn't link here.. 🤬 ).
Yeah, I don't think Haujobb is industrial at all. But their music still fits into the "scene" where such music is being played.. 👍

Checked out Lassigue Bendthaus (Uwe Schmidt) a while ago after someone over on Discogs mentioned one of his albums (Render) commenting on SFASP. Hard to believe this guy went on to become Señor Coconut. :lol:

Señor Coconut! :bowdown:
Instant Link!!!! Well, not industrial at all. But I really LOVE to listen to that track. Pardon me for crashing the "flavor" here :D

Carpe Diem.. Robotiko Rejekto.. Oh DAMN @Wiegert, you've really reminded me of, I know I'm old :mad:

Lyrics quotes:
Ganz Recht. Exakt. Knopfdruck genügt. Sampling is an art :)
Sie drehen nur am Pitchrad! Wollen wir das gleich mal probieren? <-- that's even more awesome if you can understand it:
You just dial the pitch-wheel. Would you like to try it right now?

If there's one thing we don't lack here in Los Angeles, it's live Industrial shows. This week, due to lack of funds, I missed Haujobb

and I'll be missing Severed Heads

However, I *will* be seeing Front 242! :)
...HA! And two years after this post, I'll be seeing 242 *with* Severed Heads. :)

There's a lot of good stuff that's been happening in the interim. I'll kick things off with HAEX; they live somewhere in the space between "Industrial" and "Witch House".

song: Daggers

Doug and Bon from Nitzer Ebb came back with a collab project called Black Line, with such heavy-hitters in the lineup as Paul Barker (REVCO, Pigface), Mark Walk (Skinny Puppy, OhGr), Cyrusrex, and Baseck.

song: No Crime

And on the dancier side of things, you have NIGHT CLUB. A two-person outfit fronted by female vocals, their body of work skirts Synthpop, EBM, and Retrowave. Additional trivia: they did the intro music to the now-defunct show Moonbeam City.

song: Poisonous

I have been listening to the music in this thread, and find most of it to be a huge snooze fest.

Perhaps I am spoiled. The early 90's seems to me to be the peek for this genre. Nine Inch Nails, and Ministry were charting hits. But quietly in the background Skinny Puppy was recording some of the best Industrial ever.

I have been listening to the music in this thread, and find most of it to be a huge snooze fest.

Perhaps I am spoiled. The early 90's seems to me to be the peek for this genre. Nine Inch Nails, and Ministry were charting hits. But quietly in the background Skinny Puppy was recording some of the best Industrial ever.

Ever listened to :Wupmscut:? They were one of my favorites in the 90's. Or even 90's KMFDM.

Ever listened to :Wupmscut:? They were one of my favorites in the 90's. Or even 90's KMFDM.
I liked Depeche Mode, so I never liked KMFDM*.

I have never heard of Wupmscut, but I went to Spotify. They had about eight songs. I listened to them all. They were all just too repetitive.
When the song "Wreath of Barbs" started, I thought, 'this might be good', but alas it too just got stuck in a spiral, and never went anywhere.

* and even if their name does not mean what I have heard that it means, I still don't care for their stuff.

Last edited:
Back